Sponsored by:

gt3 arrived, pics... (ADDS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:38 AM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gt3 arrived, pics... (ADDS)

my gt3(gt silver) came on monday so figured id post a few pics of the inside since no one ever seems to post those.

this is my first gt3 and first porsche, so take anything i say with a grain of salt.

a few things i noticed...

*** the red brake calipers are HUGE! and gorgeous. i can only imagine the yellow ones on the cc's.

*** i dont believe i spec'd the headlight washers, and theyre not listed on my spec sheet, but i got them anyway. cool!

*** the sport exhaust seems to not open until about 3400 rpm. even with exhaust button pressed. i would like to make it so it stays on all the time, if possible as it makes it seem a little bit like "fakery" just cutting in/out at 3400 every time..... any problems if i do this?

*** i get some minor rattling seemingly coming from the rear over rough surfaces. im thinking it might be the tail lights? as everything else seems to be solid. sometimes the idling of the engine even seems to cause it!

*** on break-in; at delivery i asked - any specific run in procedure i should follow?
"nope." they said. "its already broken in, just go hard, drive it, launch it, floor it, do whatever you want." ....hmmm

*** for anyone that thinks the lift is necessary; i didnt spec it and at first i was a bit scared especially after how stiff and bumpy i initially found the ride to be(but not at all harsh), but... to my surprise i havent hit once! the car seems to "know" or something, and over terrible roads, pulling into fairly steep parkades, and well, everywhere, the car just doesnt hit. this was quite a pleasant surprise as i was worried that i would be scraping and hitting all the time. now after a few days of driving i dont even slow down coming up to bumps / rough sections of road anymore, i just plow right through them, and the car takes it in stride, literally - brilliant. so if you didnt order the lift, dont sweat it. it isnt necessary. and where i live there are some horrible roads.

*** when in D (auto), with pdk sport, the transmission didnt "kickdown" when i floored it. this was strange as i would have expected when cruising along at 80 mph in 4th or 5th gear it would drop to 3rd or even 2nd when floored. but it did not.??? both amgs and m5's i owned would have. so that surprised me a but. note to self - if ever in a race with an m5 from a roll, be in manual mode, or prepare to lose.

*** the stereo sucks, but who cares?

other than that, as has been said over and over, this car is just unreal. the interior just oozes ultra high quality materials, ie. the brushed aluminum, fit and finish etc. the car from every angle is just beautiful. period. and, the engine sound... under acceleration its... well, i just dont have words for it, sorry. for those who are still waiting to take delivery, youll just have to wait and find out for yourself.

Attached Images     

Last edited by mainly; 09-26-2014 at 03:44 AM.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:47 AM
milban
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The night time interior shots have nice effect. Thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 05:49 AM
Raven 666
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 53 Posts

Perfection ......................
Old 09-25-2014, 05:52 AM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is one beautiful car!!
Old 09-25-2014, 05:52 AM
number9ine
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Welcome to the fold, you lucky dog you. Beautiful car, great color.

A few comments:

-If you don't like the lack of sound under 3,400 RPM, that's simply an excuse to rev it out everywhere you go.

-Rattles aren't uncommon on stiffly sprung cars, but since she's brand new have your dealer take a look.

-Read your manual for break-in. In general, P-car owners look to their oil temp reaching nominal (about 190-200 F on the cars I've had) before giving it a real shove. Regular maintenance, listening to what the car's telling you, and giving it proper warmup and cooldown are a simple recipe to keep things sound.

-Bearing in mind the above, drive it like you stole it. The car is designed to be driven. Join PCA, do an HPDE.

-There's a stereo?

Enjoy it!

Mark
Old 09-25-2014, 05:54 AM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by milban
The night time interior shots have nice effect. Thanks
for sure, just have to crank up the iso a bit.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:57 AM
mainly
Racer

Originally Posted by number9ine
Welcome to the fold, you lucky dog you. Beautiful car, great color.

A few comments:

-If you don't like the lack of sound under 3,400 RPM, that's simply an excuse to rev it out everywhere you go.

-Rattles aren't uncommon on stiffly sprung cars, but since she's brand new have your dealer take a look.

-Read your manual for break-in. In general, P-car owners look to their oil temp reaching nominal (about 190-200 F on the cars I've had) before giving it a real shove. Regular maintenance, listening to what the car's telling you, and giving it proper warmup and cooldown are a simple recipe to keep things sound.

-Bearing in mind the above, drive it like you stole it. The car is designed to be driven. Join PCA, do an HPDE.

-There's a stereo?

Enjoy it!

Mark
thanks, i didnt get a manual, didnt ship with the car for some reason, so it will be sent on they said.

wonder if is theres a downloadable version?
Old 09-25-2014, 06:27 AM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful. Congrats!

Is that GT Silver?

The no kick down is a tad bit disappointing. I know what you mean as I've owned M's and AMG's with the exception of the GT-R. However, does it let you drop from say 7th to 3rd like an M will let you? Or does it go down in each individual gear?
Old 09-25-2014, 06:32 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats, very nice. The car will not kick down in manual mode but in auto mode (whether regular or PDK sport), it definitely will, so either try it again or if it is definite, have the dealer find out what the problem is.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:44 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Another GT Silver! Beautiful car. Mine arrives in a week or two. The wait is so painful but new GT silver pics help get me through.

Huge congrats!!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:03 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

^+1
Gorgeous! Congratulations!
That color is outstanding!....I am of course biased.

What's the deal with the manual?
Old 09-25-2014, 09:14 AM
CALSE
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to the 991 GT3 club.:-)
Old 09-25-2014, 09:21 AM
nyamg
Instructor

Look amazing, congrats!!!
Old 09-25-2014, 09:27 AM
mdkim
Racer

Love love love GT Silver! Huge congrats.
Old 09-25-2014, 09:33 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet ride! Looks awesome! I'm also in the GT Silver club - delivery in late Nov. Thanks for the pictures.

Quick Reply: gt3 arrived, pics... (ADDS)