Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gt3 arrived, pics... (ADDS)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Thanks all on the lift info. I'll keep it.

Great looking GT silver car and glad you are enjoying it.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:03 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 60 Posts

One sweet ride! Congrats! Thanks for the pics.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:42 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use the lift every day. I guess it depends where you drive, but having the lift for driveway curbs and speed bumps is definitely an improvement from going sideways over these items and pissing people off.

Congrats on the GT Silver - beautiful. Love the interior shots, you should sell them to Porsche!
Old 09-25-2014, 12:43 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
I SAW THEM AND DID THE SAME

DARN, CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THIS?
Hmmm, I'll need to have a look now.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:58 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
Crap. I saw one sticking out the first day and figured it was extra tape so I threw it away. Found another one two weeks later on the other side and threw that one away too. Now I have to tell the dealer to put it back in. Thanks
I assume that my guy reinstalled it properly! All I know is that it's no longer visible and there's no rattling sound either.

It was weird--when I had that shim? Barely visible when car was cold. After going out for a drive? It stuck out like sore thumb.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:06 PM
Daniel L
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

The red calipers + silver are a beautiful combination
Old 09-25-2014, 01:08 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

GT Silver: Gorgeous! I now have GT3 envy... That color is one of the best, congrats!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Anyone have a photo of these shims?
Old 09-25-2014, 01:54 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Super nice, congrats!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:04 PM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Congrats, very nice. The car will not kick down in manual mode but in auto mode (whether regular or PDK sport), it definitely will, so either try it again or if it is definite, have the dealer find out what the problem is.
Sam should know!!!!! I think he has had the pedal to the floor more than most on RL.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:07 PM
MMbtu
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you post more pics? I am picking up my GT Silver at the factory in a couple of weeks and I need something to tide me over.
Old 09-25-2014, 02:09 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Love the color, big congrats!

GT Silver is my close second choice. Sticking with white thus far; order locks in about 45 days.

Very good to hear about the lift. As stated a kazillion times I am not specing it either. Numerous 991 gt3 owners skipped and have no problem. I never did with my .2 either and lived in very hilly states, NY and GA, with spanning drives throughout a lot of changing terrain.

Again, beautiful car!!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:12 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Absolutely gorgeous!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:22 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Makes me want to switch my color from Agate Grey to GT Silver! Great shots!
Old 09-25-2014, 02:33 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mainly
my gt3(gt silver) came on monday so figured id post a few pics of the inside since no one ever seems to post those.

this is my first gt3 and first porsche, so take anything i say with a grain of salt.

a few things i noticed...

*** the red brake calipers are HUGE! and gorgeous. i can only imagine the yellow ones on the cc's.

*** i dont believe i spec'd the headlight washers, and theyre not listed on my spec sheet, but i got them anyway. cool!

*** the sport exhaust seems to not open until about 3400 rpm. even with exhaust button pressed. i would like to make it so it stays on all the time, if possible as it makes it seem a little bit like "fakery" just cutting in/out at 3400 every time..... any problems if i do this?

*** i get some minor rattling seemingly coming from the rear over rough surfaces. im thinking it might be the tail lights? as everything else seems to be solid. sometimes the idling of the engine even seems to cause it!

*** on break-in; at delivery i asked - any specific run in procedure i should follow?
"nope." they said. "its already broken in, just go hard, drive it, launch it, floor it, do whatever you want." ....hmmm

*** for anyone that thinks the lift is necessary; i didnt spec it and at first i was a bit scared especially after how stiff and bumpy i initially found the ride to be(but not at all harsh), but... to my surprise i havent hit once! the car seems to "know" or something, and over terrible roads, pulling into fairly steep parkades, and well, everywhere, the car just doesnt hit. this was quite a pleasant surprise as i was worried that i would be scraping and hitting all the time. now after a few days of driving i dont even slow down coming up to bumps / rough sections of road anymore, i just plow right through them, and the car takes it in stride, literally - brilliant. so if you didnt order the lift, dont sweat it. it isnt necessary. and where i live there are some horrible roads.

*** when in D (auto), with pdk sport, the transmission didnt "kickdown" when i floored it. this was strange as i would have expected when cruising along at 80 mph in 4th or 5th gear it would drop to 3rd or even 2nd when floored. but it did not.??? both amgs and m5's i owned would have. so that surprised me a but. note to self - if ever in a race with an m5 from a roll, be in manual mode, or prepare to lose.

*** the stereo sucks, but who cares?

other than that, as has been said over and over, this car is just unreal. the interior just oozes ultra high quality materials, ie. the brushed aluminum, fit and finish etc. the car from every angle is just beautiful. period. and, the engine sound... under acceleration its... well, i just dont have words for it, sorry. for those who are still waiting to take delivery, youll just have to wait and find out for yourself.

Absolutely gorgeous car, mainly! To follow up on a couple of your questions/comments:

Headlight washers are standard with all headlight types.

I disabled the exhaust flaps and noticed a slight decrease in low end torque due to the decreased backpressure at low rpm. I think that's one reason why Porsche designed the system the way they did. Whether you disconnect the electronics or plug the vacuum lines to disable the flaps it's an easy mod to reverse if you don't like the result. I did a thread on the vacuum line mod so you can do a search and get the info on that if you want, or PM me.

On the rattling, check the license plate frame that came from the dealer, if you got one. Mine rattled with engine vibration before I removed it. Shot in the dark....

I won't get into the how long to break it in debate, but the new engines were run in for 15-20 minutes at the factory, and briefly after installation so they haven't really been broken-in by any normal standard. There's a lot of misinformation about that, even from dealers. Just FYI....

I use the lift every day...glad not getting it is working out for you.

Edit: PDK-S will only kick down in regular auto mode. Of course in either auto mode you can override with the paddles at any time to select a gear manually, say, when you want to smoke an m5.

Enjoy the car!

Last edited by Mike in CA; 09-25-2014 at 03:17 PM.

Quick Reply: gt3 arrived, pics... (ADDS)