Sponsored by:

No Roof Bump If No Satellite Option?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2014, 10:26 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by GregJGT3
I thought originally I would want satellite radio, I have had it my other cars for 8 years. Then I realized the wart issue. After much thought I tried the streaming radio off the cell phone, like Pandora. As the others have testified the sound reproduction and quality is a HUGE improvement over sat radio, I didn't know what I was missing. I have been using the streaming radio for a week now and will never go back to the sat radio. Selection is better, easily varied, and the music reproduction is superior. I also was concerned about reception as my cell phone does not pick-up in a lot of areas very well. That proved to be a non-problem as Pandora came in loud and clear with no reception break-ups through the worst areas I normally experience for cell reception. The only issue is that it is only partially controlled through the radio head - I can live with that, though I ordered the "online services" option and hope that issue may improve. Thank you all on the board who encouraged the steaming radio through the cell phone!!! GT3 ordered, no wart...
Have you been doing your audio streaming through the AHA app, or just via bluetooth audio?
Old 10-31-2014, 01:28 AM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Have you been doing your audio streaming through the AHA app, or just via bluetooth audio?
Just Bluetooth audio. My GT3 build is Dec and delivery later January+? I had never used the streaming idea and tried it in my 2014 Audi RS5 I have been using 1 year with satellite radio never having tried the streaming audio feature with the cell phone. Having used the same car and audio system to listen to satellite and then the streaming audio, I can say without a doubt the streaming audio is far and away better sound reproduction. The B&O audio system in the Audi was capable of much better reproduction (as judged by using an SD card as the media source for the sound system) and I was only getting mediocre quality with satellite. With streaming audio like Pandora the Audi system allows me to adjust volume, skip songs and has a read out of song info all on the in-car media screen but to change artists I have to revert to the phone.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:08 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I couldn't live, well actually I could, without XM Radio especially with the limited Playlist often found on Clear Channel radio stations which owns about 99.9% of all radio stations in the US. For example I usually listen to stations that play old rock from the 60s and 70s and grew MAD when living in Bakersfield getting my Business Degree. There are so many times a Person can hear the song "Free Bird" without wanting to kill yourself.
Old 11-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Just to confirm. I ordered:

- PCM Nav
- HD Radio (NO XM)
- Online Services (which I will use with my iPhone 6)

The car arrived with a WART FREE roof!
I'll try out Aha and the IPhone interface today and report.

Old 11-01-2014, 01:21 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Aha is pretty crummy on my C4S. With the app installed it fires up every time you plug in the phone, wether you want Aha running or not. I tried getting some favorites into Aha but it always felt like a 1st generation iPhone app.

It is nice to be able to use Google to search for navigation addresses, but I almost always use the Waze app anyway.
Old 11-01-2014, 02:49 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

is there a way to get howard stern without the wart
Old 11-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
is there a way to get howard stern without the wart
Stream from SiriusXM app on your phone via Bluetooth. No options needed other than sound.
Old 11-01-2014, 03:28 PM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

I've been a big fan of satellite radio for years. However, I realized too late how easy it is to stream via Bluetooth from the phone. I'll regrettably have the wart.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:52 AM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
You can still do it through their app from your phone. Sirius XM App.
Originally Posted by Mech33
Stream from SiriusXM app on your phone via Bluetooth. No options needed other than sound.
Do you need "online services" for this?

Or is the "online services" option specifically for aha only?
Old 11-03-2014, 12:01 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brandon_
Do you need "online services" for this?

Or is the "online services" option specifically for aha only?
No you do not need online services. Any Bluetooth connected car radio or direct cable connection.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:02 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

No you do not need online services. Any Bluetooth connected car radio or direct cable connection.
As long as you have an account with Sirius. I have satellite on my truck so I have an account.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Finlander
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 139 Posts

As long as you have an account with Sirius. I have satellite on my truck so I have an account.
Thank You
Old 11-03-2014, 01:28 PM
C63toGT3 Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question for the people that DID get the XM regarding the traffic/weather info: Is it worth a damn? Or even relatively useful?

I'd like traffic info right in the nav instead of having to use Waze (which I love, but it's just one extra thing to deal with). But if it's garbage, I'll just go with Waze and save myself the $700.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:39 PM
bigkraig
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll have a look at it on my way home today, but its been garbage for me in LA. I resubscribed to Sirius because I thought it might be useful along with the sat. channels, but that discounted rate ends on the 8th and I won't be continuing it. Was just feels way more accurate.
Old 11-03-2014, 07:36 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Man, I'm glad I don't have wart ocd...
perhaps the wart helps NAV reception and also would make the precision track app gps feature more accurate ?

Quick Reply: No Roof Bump If No Satellite Option?