Sponsored by:

Next yr production

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2014, 06:01 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
The Absolute last person, people, you should believe about or on the subject of current or future production of cars of special interest, like the GT3 or the future GT3RS, is a someone who works for a dealership. They are the one's looking for a sale, an immediate sale. Sure there GT3 allocations but they have all been taken... but we have this nice C4S Cabriolet that we will sell you to you for $5K over the base MSRP of a GT3!

Remember we, us as a community, tend to be more informed than Porsche Sales People. I find it astounding how little and uninformed some sales people can be. Especially at Porsche dealerships that also have, say, an Audi and VW lot's attached to the same lot and "Auto Group"... like it is in Bakersfield. At least a good 85% of the sales force aren't trained in the art of Porsche Sales or know Jack Poop about them. Besides the Porsche Lot is pretty small but they do manage to get a GT3 here and there. But when they got there only GT3RS and it had Sport Chrono on it I almost lost it when the sales manager went on to explain how the track hounds who go to Track Days and Driving Events (not that their RS was configured as such - it was one of those extra PCNA Configed specials) always order their cars with Sport Chrono and without a Radio - Well right then and there I politely made up a reason to leave the conversation because I figured he was out of touch.
I would not necessarily agree to this as a blanket statement....I agree that this community is a great place to get some good info to the members but it certainly doesn't mean you should just disregard Porsche sales reps? The newer reps maybe but there are some long term Porsche sales reps that have very good PCNA and PAG connections that have been developed over the years and they can sometimes get info faster than most. Does it always pan out as the truth, no but the same can be said about this forum occasionally!

Quick Reply: Next yr production