Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Risk MY14 to find MY15 Allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 11:36 AM
SECRET
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Risk MY14 to find MY15 Allocation?

Hi guys,

First post!

Having never owned a Porsche, a few months ago I walked into a dealership nearby me to poke around and have a look at what's out there. I've wanted a GT3 since the 996, but it was always out of reach. Closest thing I had to high revving, high strung RWD car was my S2000 in 2002.

Fastforwarding the story... I spoke to a kind young salesperson who offered to walk me through some of the models and give me the latest scoop on what's going on. With hesitation, I asked if there was a wait list for the GT3. Last time I did this over a decade ago, I was laughed at, and they basically told me no way. Felt like trying to find a SS Rolex Daytona. This time, the guy said they rarely get allocation, but he would be happy to check the wait list.

After we sat down and he had a look, the wait list was empty. No one! How could this be? Maybe the stop-sale cleared the wait list. Anyway, I decided to put my name down just in case something pops up.

Anyway, months later, just this Monday, 1 day before my birthday, I get a call from him and a voicemail saying they are expecting one to come in next month. Details on the car had been completed, but it was pretty nicely spec'd.

MTYP/Option.......Text....................................................... ..............................................Retail
991810...............911 GT3 (991)................................................................... ...................130,400.00
U2......................GT Silver Metallic................................................................ ......................3,140.00
78......................Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara®..........................................................3,32 0.00
082....................Extended Range Fuel Tank.................................................................... ...........0.00
342....................Seat Heating (Front)................................................................. ...................690.00
450....................PCCB............................................. ..........................................................9,210.00
474....................Front Axle Lift System.................................................................. .............3,490.00
490....................Sound Package Plus.................................................................... .................700.00
581....................Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell................................................................ ..0.00
583....................Smoking Package................................................................. ...........................0.00
602....................LED Headlights incl Porsche Dynamic Lighting System Plus (PDLS)...............3,110.00
619....................Bluetooth® Hands-Free Mobile Phone Interface................................................0.00
640....................Sport Chrono Clock i.c.w. PCM..................................................................... .400.00
810....................Floor Mats.................................................................... ..................................0.00
P07....................Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way).............................................................2635.00
P13....................Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor............................690.00
P1B....................Brushed Aluminum Interior Package, Anthracite.............................................325.00
P23....................Porsche Communication Management incl. Navigation Module............................0.00
X69....................Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber................................................................... .750.00
XNS....................Steering Column Casing in Leather................................................................4 65.00
XUB....................Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color........................................295.00
XWK...................Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather..................................................1,870.00
CPK....................Vehicle Key Painted................................................................. .....................335.00
CTK....................Air Vents in Leather................................................................. ..................1,710.00
BLU....................Porsche Interior Trim.................................................................... ...................0.00

Total Retail Vehicle Price..............163,535.00
Destination Charge............................995.00
Gas Guzzler Tax..............................1,000.00
Total of Charges & Taxes.................1,995.00
Total Retail Price.........................165,530.00

Build Sheet was dated 9/7/2014 and vehicle status was V300 at that time.

Here's the big question, should I try and hunt down a MY15 allocation at this point or should I go ahead with this one? I'm leaning towards sticking with this as it's pretty darn close to what I want. I would have preferred a Jet Black color and Sport Bucket seats, but those are not top priority to me.

I'm just curious if there are any other key changes expected for the MY15 cars that I don't know about. Couldn't find anything obvious on the forums other than availability of some things like the Sport Bucket Seats.

Cheers, Rich
Old 09-24-2014, 11:43 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Rich,

I knew of 3 '15s allocations around the NY/NJ on Saturday - not sure where you're located and if they're still available..

You can also get buckets for the '15 which is the main reason to make the switch.

Regards,
Nathan
Old 09-24-2014, 11:45 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 276 Likes on 152 Posts

Pretty high spec car. My 2015 is 25K less than this. Can you get it at sticker? Can you get a '15 allocation for sure? Do you want it now?
Old 09-24-2014, 11:50 AM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the car is built on Sept.7th, would it not be a 2015?
Old 09-24-2014, 11:52 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would get a 15 if you can. The 2014 is one that had the engine replaced at the factory. Not that it is a issue but getting a 15 you get what you want.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:56 AM
SECRET
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
Rich,

I knew of 3 '15s allocations around the NY/NJ on Saturday - not sure where you're located and if they're still available..

You can also get buckets for the '15 which is the main reason to make the switch.

Regards,
Nathan
Agreed, Nathan. Other thing that bugs me a little is just the auto-depreciation of an entire model year buying an MY14 this late into 2014. Do you know if the buckets are something I could manage to install later if I am dying to have them?

Originally Posted by carcommander
Pretty high spec car. My 2015 is 25K less than this. Can you get it at sticker? Can you get a '15 allocation for sure? Do you want it now?
They're selling it at MSRP, no markup. I have not found a 2015 allocation. Just not even sure if I want to get myself into that back and forth now that I've finally landed one, you know?

Originally Posted by petee1997
I would think this car is a 2015.
I though it would be as well considering the date, but the build sheet says MY14.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:05 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Nice car.. but way too many fluff options for my taste.... I would find a '15 allocation and spec exactly how you want it... black, sport buckets, etc... those are major things. Also, for these cars, the higher the MSRP.. the more you will lose on the back end... as they generally have a narrow range of value regardless of options, etc. Best to get the exact car you want and enjoy with no doubts.. there are bunch of '15 allocations out there... I know Newport has one, as well as a couple dealers in AZ and possibly NV. Shipping is only about $800.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

All you have to do is go to dealer finder.. select a couple states close to you.. and start emailing them about allocations.. i did this over a month ago and found 3 in a matter of a day or 2... there are out there.. you just need to find them.. most people don't look beyond their local dealer.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:13 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would work pronto to lock down a 15 allocation and spec it your way. For my taste, that is a heavy spec; options I'd never pick b/c bang for the buck is poor.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:18 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Originally Posted by SECRET M
Agreed, Nathan. Other thing that bugs me a little is just the auto-depreciation of an entire model year buying an MY14 this late into 2014. Do you know if the buckets are something I could manage to install later if I am dying to have them?
I don't think the auto-depreciation will be a big issue for the car. You will have a car with a replaced engine as a 14 and that might have an impact, but might not.

Buckets are probably available later, but will be at expensive. It's also probably the best option in terms of resale value being added.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:42 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Get a '15 allocation with exactly what you want. No brainer.
This car is too loaded for my taste too. As already noticed, 2-3yr old GT3's sell in a tight range regardless of options, except for buckets which this "loaded" car doesn't even have. Get you black '15 with buckets -- you'll be much happier. Not that hard to email/call half a dozen dealers or so.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Secret M, if you want to get a 15 there are posts everyday from good folks to tell you where they are. Nizer had a post just yesterday. if you were reading this forum last week, there were 15 allocation on fire sale in FL alone so that would have helped you make a quick decision base on when you will get it and at what season.

If you are around the Maryland area, Manifold just gave up one.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

Car is way to fluff. And no sport buckets.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:46 PM
SECRET
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys for the fast responses!

This may sound like a funny question, but when a dealer (that's not necessarily in my area) tells me they actually have an allocation for me, is there a way they would provide proof? Would hate to cancel my deposit on this car to find out the allocation wasn't actually there.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:55 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

They'll have a commission number, mine s 836xxx, they should be able to send you a pdf that's system generated with the build and commission number on it.

Quick Reply: Risk MY14 to find MY15 Allocation?