Sponsored by:

Paint to sample

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 04:00 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche
According to my PCNA source, who is THE SOURCE, there are no PTS available again until February build dates if you did not already have your order locked in months ago for PTS....

Exact quote from THE SOURCE sent to me 8/20/2014:

"Currently, the next available month for PTS is February."

Now my internal PVMS system still shows PTS as available in November...BUT THAT IS NOT THE CASE!! I can spec you a PTS car in my computer for a November build...but I cannot actually make the Porsche factory do that for you as there are no slots left for PTS again until February. I have 3 guys wanting Nov build PTS that I simply cannot make a reality....but for $20,000 over sticker I could have our local body shop paint the car.... Now back to your regular scheduled programming......
Maybe there are people with old PTS Nov spots (and early Oct lockouts) who are offering their spots to others (through their dealers) or getting out of their spots and dealers are offering those for a premium since PTS demand is so high?
Old 09-26-2014, 05:12 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Let me take this on a different tone: I'm extremely happy to have my dec production car with feb/March pickup in Europe. I found an amazing color in jet black which looks the **** outdoors, and I get to spec buckets which make my "race car for the road" fantasy come to life.

Done... Just gotta figure that damn garage space
Old 09-26-2014, 05:40 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

There is PTS in Feb 2015 but there is no GT3 production in February. Last month I obtained a Nov build and PTS was accepted by the computer because there was at that time the requisite 3 mos lead time for PTS. By mid August my Nov PTS build was moved to Feb because all the Nov PTS slots were filled. I was fine with that. Ten days later I am now informed that my build is being moved back to Nov and no PTS. Why? Because GT3 production is ending in December 2014. This is the same story others here have to tell about PTS ordering.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:55 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by luvair
I was told, zero PTS for Feb. I was in queue for Feb, and it was cancelled by the factory. Maybe, and hope for those told otherwise, there will be a GT3 PTS in Feb. My bet is no.
Agree. If PTS is available in February, I would wait for it. That is absolutely not my understanding from the Premier dealership (s) I have spoken to...
Old 09-27-2014, 01:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

dont u all find this funny?
germans are great engineers. some of the best cars made.
but the cannot pass out info such as PTS to their dealers and computer systems properly?
Old 09-27-2014, 01:22 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
dont u all find this funny? germans are great engineers. some of the best cars made. but the cannot pass out info such as PTS to their dealers and computer systems properly?
Classic engineers with zero communication skills.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:00 AM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

It's also possible that the secrecy, the small time windows, and the randomness of the PTS program are parts of a marketing strategy -- adding unobtanium to keep the fans always on the edge and interested/involved.
Old 09-27-2014, 09:29 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

I think the apparent bungling on PAGs part is not about PTS schedules but about not wanting to officially confirm the end of GT3 production in December.

Quick Reply: Paint to sample