991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please allow me to introduce myself...

Old 09-20-2014, 10:10 AM
1pvr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please allow me to introduce myself...

Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to the forum, but recently have spent some time mining all of the great info presented here while deciding whether to proceed with purchasing a 991 GT3.

Currently I drive an E60 M5 which I've used as my daily driver for almost nine years, and which has almost 130k miles. It's served me well as both a sporty and family sedan. Ironically my wife has been after me for years to buy a new car, but I've resisted the temptation. Now that the kids are leaving for college and/or drive on their own, I made the decision to acquire a more focused sports car for my personal enjoyment. I am also keeping the M5, which is able to tackle almost all of what the Michigan winters can throw at it (with a set of snow tires/wheels, of course). It's a rock solid drive with a great V10 NA engine.

My major requirements included a naturally aspirated high revving engine, more exciting and faster than the M5, a manual transmission (miss that), *somewhat* understated looks, new with warranty, and have the ability to serve essentially as a daily driver. The Cayman cars and other 911 variants (excluding the TT) are not powerful and/or edgy enough to interest me, though the possibility of a manual transmission was tempting. Supercars are too flashy for my area. Other brands and cars also fell by the wayside for various exclusionary reasons. Well, I failed to find a new car which was fast and aggressive enough that also had a manual transmission, and met the above requirements.

However, while not truly stealthy and unfortunately lacking a manual transmission, the new GT3 became my focus. My local dealership from whom I've recently purchased a Cayenne S for my wife had an allocation available, and I took the plunge. Had to act fast to spec out a car to my liking, and unfortunately it's due in November rather than late winter/early spring as I'd hoped (they're trying to delay the build through Porsche, but I doubt that will happen). Oh well, guess I'll just have to fit a set of snows from the outset.

I'll post the build in another thread.

I'm looking forward to being able to contribute something to the forum in the future. Cheers.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:12 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts

Welcome, and your dealer can probably hold onto the car if there is a snowstorm. Thats what I asked mine and they said no problem
Old 09-20-2014, 05:22 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

mine is also coming in January
....in Buffalo!

Old 09-20-2014, 05:24 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
mine is also coming in January
....in Buffalo!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please allow me to introduce myself...