Sponsored by:

My seat choice

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2014, 07:35 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts
Default My seat choice

So after trying out the sport buckets today (see pictures below) I've decided I have to go with the 18 ways due to my size. I'm also planning on purchasing a set of buckets so hopefully I can swap them in and out when I go to the track.
Attached Images   
Old 09-19-2014, 07:41 PM
Aerowerke
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Thread needs moar seat pics
Old 09-19-2014, 07:43 PM
rockitman
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How big is your size ? I'm 6'7" and currently fit in 996 Gt3 seats. They are a bit tight in the hips , belt area. You will notice with this seat, there is no padding and gives some relief for wider hips. I am 240lbs, and looking to lose some weight. buckets all the way.
Old 09-19-2014, 09:59 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

It would probably be significantly less expensive to order the car with the bucket seats and get the regular sport seats later. Probably much easier as well. Unless you want generic aftermarket track seats, which is probably best anyway.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:29 PM
sccchiii
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
It would probably be significantly less expensive to order the car with the bucket seats and get the regular sport seats later. Probably much easier as well. Unless you want generic aftermarket track seats, which is probably best anyway.
I think his logic might work better for him expense wise....replacement 18 ways are comprised of quite a few parts as replacement and I don't believe will be available as an assembly and when added up make a very expensive seat. It appears that the 918 sport buckets will be on the market next year sometime probably just over the 10k per set area as accessories and I believe ultimately much less expensive than the 18 ways.

Last edited by sccchiii; 09-20-2014 at 11:52 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 10:58 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

If i didnt track my RS, the sofa seats would be in it full time.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:29 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Good thing your car number isn't 24. I might have to sue you for copyright infringement.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:33 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
Good thing your car number isn't 24. I might have to sue you for copyright infringement.
oh, ahem... thats not my car, the dealer let me sit in it to try out the seats. I wish...
Old 09-20-2014, 11:38 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by rockitman
How big is your size ? I'm 6'7" and currently fit in 996 Gt3 seats. They are a bit tight in the hips , belt area. You will notice with this seat, there is no padding and gives some relief for wider hips. I am 240lbs, and looking to lose some weight. buckets all the way.
+1
Guys please get the buckets if you can. Hit the gym if you must.
There's aren't going to be many of these GT3s around, and even less of them could be fitted with buckets. I need a larger pool of used ones with buckets three years from now.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:18 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by hf1
+1
There's aren't going to be many of these GT3s around, and even less of them could be fitted with buckets. I need a larger pool of used ones with buckets three years from now.
Old 09-20-2014, 01:24 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Jlanka,

Was your decision driven by seat width, seat length (thigh support), seating position , or ???

I am 5'9" average proportions and I found the upright seating of the old buckets to fit me fine and plenty comfortably.

Ryan
Old 09-20-2014, 01:27 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by reidry
Jlanka,

Was your decision driven by seat width, seat length (thigh support), seating position , or ???

I am 5'9" average proportions and I found the upright seating of the old buckets to fit me fine and plenty comfortably.

Ryan
mainly seat width, my hips are a tad too wide to be comfortable for long periods in the buckets. Also the inability to adjust the back tilt position at my height (again for long periods) comes into play.

My plan with this car is to do maybe 3 or 4 DE events per year, but I will be driving it on the road fairly regularly. Not a daily driver but enough to take that into consideration. I hope to be able to get a set of buckets to swap in and out, but we'll see if that pans out.

I don't really take resale into consideration.

Jeff
Old 09-20-2014, 01:31 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jlanka
mainly seat width, my hips are a tad too wide to be comfortable for long periods in the buckets. Also the inability to adjust the back tilt position at my height (again for long periods) comes into play.

My plan with this car is to do maybe 3 or 4 DE events per year, but I will be driving it on the road fairly regularly. Not a daily driver but enough to take that into consideration. I hope to be able to get a set of buckets to swap on and out, but we'll see if that pans out.
I vary between 36" and 38" waist, depending on how many trips a week to the gym. Just for other guys, would you mind stating your approximate waist size?

Ryan
Old 09-20-2014, 01:33 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Originally Posted by reidry
I vary between 36" and 38" waist, depending on how many trips a week to the gym. Just for other guys, would you mind stating your approximate waist size?

Ryan
ouch, ya got me on that one. I'll admit it, I'm somewhat overweight, I don't really know what my waist is (I try to avoid thinking about that) but I do go to the gym regularly and my height is 6'5" and weight is 305. I'm trying to get it down but I love food and find it hard to eat healthy at all times...
Old 09-20-2014, 01:41 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1

+1
Lol.....I guess my car is out.....I went with the 18 way....it's going to be a daily driver for the most part with probably 10 track days a year or so.....I love the buckets but the fixed back is a deal breaker.....

Quick Reply: My seat choice