Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hi! N00b here, just ordered a GT3, have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 09:30 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hi! N00b here, just ordered a GT3, have some questions.

Hi guys,

I'm a n00b. I apologize for the n00b questions.

My dealer was able to get me a December allocation for a Dec. build.

I told them I want to do PTS Mexico Blue. They saw it in their configurator and tried to enter the order. It said that it was unavailable. They think that it will just be delayed a few days. I've heard otherwise. Just not too sure what's going to happen. Anyone have any ideas?

Also, they were rather shocked that I didn't get dynamic lift. I've had many low cars in the past and never needed it, so I didn't want to spend an extra $3k for something that adds more weight to the car. Is it really that necessary?

Thanks,

Phil
Old 09-18-2014, 09:32 PM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nlpamg
Also, they were rather shocked that I didn't get dynamic lift. I've had many low cars in the past and never needed it, so I didn't want to spend an extra $3k for something that adds more weight to the car. Is it really that necessary?

Thanks,

Phil
Do you plan on driving on the street, or track only?

if on the street, then yes.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:39 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

jlanka, I plan on driving it on both--drive it to and from the track.

is it that low? I've had a lot of lowered cars and cars with low overhangs. My GT-R has been relatively unscathed, that's why I figured I didn't need it.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:01 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

No more PTS for '15 GT3s. As I understand it, P requires considerable lead-time for PTS. Since production ends in Dec that is not enough time. I think the long overhang of the front spoiler is what necessitates the lift. Good luck.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:06 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Hi guys,

I told them I want to do PTS Mexico Blue. They saw it in their configurator and tried to enter the order. It said that it was unavailable. They think that it will just be delayed a few days. I've heard otherwise. Just not too sure what's going to happen. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Phil
FWIW, the lift adds only 6KG. I won't be drawn into the "need it" or "don't need it" discussion again except to say that I'm very glad I got it.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:13 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Phil

If you're going to drive it on the street - Get the lift. I would not even consider not getting it unless this was purely a track car.
Old 09-18-2014, 10:28 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Hi guys,

Thanks,

Phil
Weight savings on getting buckets outweigh the slight increase due to lift
Old 09-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

jlanka, I plan on driving it on both--drive it to and from the track.

is it that low? I've had a lot of lowered cars and cars with low overhangs. My GT-R has been relatively unscathed, that's why I figured I didn't need it.
The GT3 is significantly lower than the GTR. I don't remember the exact figures, but from memory GTR has around the same clearance as a standard 911. The GT3 is quite a bit lower than standard 911.

My GT-R did fine on the street too (JUST). But I am getting the lift kit for my GT3.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:00 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, lift necessary, and I live in a flat city.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:06 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is a demonstration of the lift. An iPhone is used to give you a height reference in both up and down positions. Hope it helps.

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...ion-video.html
Old 09-18-2014, 11:30 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Hate to break it to you but you are not getting a Mexico blue car. PTS is closed, have your dealer check his info a little more closely. Also, you need the lift just get it
Old 09-18-2014, 11:35 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

dammit, thanks so much, guys. sounds like the lift kit is required if not for street driving, but for resale as well.

I sent my dealer an email that if Mexico Blue doesn't work out, to change it to Carrara White (no clue what the difference is) and add the lift kit. The price differential should be negligible.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:36 PM
frayed
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3rd GT3 and the lift makes this one actually streetable. I use it every day. 6kg = 2 gallons of gas. Can you feel the cornering difference from 2 gallons of gas?

The weight issue is silly IMO.

The only drawback is cost.
Old 09-19-2014, 12:03 AM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys!

I was misinformed, I thought the front lift system weighed more than that. Good to know.

Well, looks like I'll be getting it.
Old 09-19-2014, 08:47 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

I'm coming from a GTR as well....I ordered the lift....I think it's a must....

Quick Reply: Hi! N00b here, just ordered a GT3, have some questions.