Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V200 Status: Build an Athlete in a Suit, or Full-Track Poser?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 02:19 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
so... after a visit to the dealer all my priorities and thoughts got all screwed up... I thought long and hard and realized that I wouldn't be too upset at losing some of the money I put into options on this car as I really was building my dream car, and also... i fell in love with jet black.

so without further delay.. and praying to the gods of sanity that I don't change my mind again.. here is my fairly expensive, but oh so beautiful to me, final build. it's cohesive color-wise with just black grey and reds, hopefully in line with what a 2nd hand buyer wants, but definitely definitely what i've dreamed of. i had originally held off from even consider black because of all the maintenance people discussed, but realized that it's a rare car for rare days... and I just didn't care. plus... jet black, in sunlight is absolutely gorgeous to me after having seen it.

So, she is jet black, with full leather as well as extended dash and steering column and red stitching with red belts. I also added the $350 "porsche" script on the center armrest. Also have the buckets, because... I had to, and thesport chrono because it looks so cool. other notables are black headlights and front lift.. i ended up at $154.. which is a damn expensive build.. but in the end it doesnt matter... i fluctuate the price of options in equities on most days and don't think 2x about it... not sure why I agonized over this for so long.

trying to post the build spec below.. not sure if it will work but here goes.
Perfect build. And don't worry about keeping black clean. Even if/when it gets dirty/dusty, keeping it that way for a while makes the contrast after a wash all the more astounding. Keeps the relationship vibrant. My Boxster was black and I loved it.

EDIT: And I agree with mooty. Selling a GT3 after a year...LOL! More likely you'll be hooked for life. Will probably perform better than stocks over than next 3-5 years, too.

Last edited by hf1; 09-25-2014 at 02:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:08 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
More likely you'll be hooked for life. Will probably perform better than stocks over than next 3-5 years, too.

... Now I KNOW you drank the koolaid! LOL, but yea, maybe stocks have had their run already?

Quick Reply: V200 Status: Build an Athlete in a Suit, or Full-Track Poser?