Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is it January yet? 1/23 Delivery date.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 09:52 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Is it January yet? 1/23 Delivery date.

I figured I would post my build for all to see. I admit I totally copied KYROCKS style here, I really think he did a great job the way he laid his out. It's so funny how most of us are grown men but we revert to complete school children when it comes to our cars. I LIKE IT!!

As of today delivery is expected 1/23 but my dealer thinks it will be sooner, This is my first Porsche that I have purchased through allocation so not only am I jacked that I'm getting a new 991 GT3 but its doubly exciting I got to configure this one. I have a bit before my build locks so by all means chime in if you think I'm missing something!

Old 09-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Love the dark blue with silver wheels. Might want to reconsider the voice control. Many people with it say it is useless because of all the cabin noise.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:04 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks pretty good! Dark blue matched red brakes well!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:08 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

The dark blue metallic with platinum stitching will look great!

My opinion:

- voice control is a waste. I had it on previous Porsche (and other cars) and never used it
- you should get bucket seats. It makes the car more special even if you don't track it. I loaded mine up because it's not going to be a track rat (my RS is). I personally find them more comfortable. No heated or vented seats though.
- get the extended dash leather option - it adds more contrast stitching to the dash, sport chrono, and dash ends/sides

Otherwise, your build is very similar to mine. Great minds think alike.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:09 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

People may kill you if you don't order buckets. You have an allocation that allows them to be ordered and you are going to waste it!!!!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:12 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
People may kill you if you don't order buckets. You have an allocation that allows them to be ordered and you are going to waste it!!!!
Insert MURDER emoticon here. Great build otherwise.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:16 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice build! We have the same delivery date. Have you thought about the extended interior package for the door paneling?
Old 09-15-2014, 10:20 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice build. Love the blue. I keep saying this, but in case you didn't know, the $160 "Aluminum Look" gas cap is actually PLASTIC...PLASTIC.... PLASTIC!!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:30 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

There's going to be so much leather on ours that when we track them we will be SOOOO slow! I'll have to keep my 997.2 RS because lap times won't even be close! At least you'll be able to talk to your nav system with voice control...
Old 09-15-2014, 10:41 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

There's going to be so much leather on ours that when we track them we will be SOOOO slow! I'll have to keep my 997.2 RS because lap times won't even be close! At least you'll be able to talk to your nav system with voice control...
Awesome feedback! Thanks guys!!

I can't believe that gas cap is PLASTIC!! Damn I would have thought for $160 even porsche could machine a piece of aluminum and turn a profit! OMITTED!

Voice control. OMITTED

I hear you about the leather. Lol. I appreciate the input I think I'm gonna go with your advice and get the extended leather.

I may get slapped for asking this but .... Are the buckets comfortable??
Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

We'll look at it this way. With all the leather we will be comfy and still be able to smoke an M3 at least.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:04 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Strimdog
We'll look at it this way. With all the leather we will be comfy and still be able to smoke an M3 at least.
Congrats that to my Eye your new car will be one beautiful GT3 , the dark blue with silver wheels will really pop and thread will match nicely

Oh you will be smoking way more than some M3 ,

Cheers to a nice build of a great car !
Old 09-15-2014, 11:13 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Strimdog
Awesome feedback! Thanks guys!!

I can't believe that gas cap is PLASTIC!! Damn I would have thought for $160 even porsche could machine a piece of aluminum and turn a profit! OMITTED!

Voice control. OMITTED

I hear you about the leather. Lol. I appreciate the input I think I'm gonna go with your advice and get the extended leather.

I may get slapped for asking this but .... Are the buckets comfortable??
I find the buckets to be the most comfortable seats...ONCE you get in them. The side bolsters on them are higher so it is a little harder to slide into them. Once you are in, I find the support is much better and they hug you better. They're not for everyone though, but neither is a GT3. I have them in my RS if you want to sit in them. The advantage of the other seats is that they are electric in every way, are wider, and can be heated +/- ventilated. I personally think these seats belong in non-GT3s. Dealers hate the bucket seats in other cars. In GT3s and RSs they are a must (I'm generalizing of course). Choose whatever you think will be more comfortable for you, but don't make the wrong decision and go with seats other than the lightweight buckets.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:34 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Take KY's offer and have a good sit. I skipped buckets on my first Porsche purchase and ended up footing the bill (6k at the time) to get the buckets. I think they are the most comfortable once you are in them. It took some time for me to come to that conclusion. I was used to leaning back a little more in my M3, so the buckets seemed uncomfortable initially. Now, I wouldn't have the car with them.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:53 PM
Strimdog
Rennlist Member

I find the buckets to be the most comfortable seats...ONCE you get in them. The side bolsters on them are higher so it is a little harder to slide into them. Once you are in, I find the support is much better and they hug you better. They're not for everyone though, but neither is a GT3. I have them in my RS if you want to sit in them. The advantage of the other seats is that they are electric in every way, are wider, and can be heated +/- ventilated. I personally think these seats belong in non-GT3s. Dealers hate the bucket seats in other cars. In GT3s and RSs they are a must (I'm generalizing of course). Choose whatever you think will be more comfortable for you, but don't make the wrong decision and go with seats other than the lightweight buckets.
I really appreciate the offer and the advice. There is no doubt they look awesome but I have zero experience with these types of seats. I'll send you a PM.

Quick Reply: Is it January yet? 1/23 Delivery date.