Sponsored by:

Commission No.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:59 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by qbix
My commission no. starts with 0 so I believe it can be considered as 6 digits number.
What is PVMS??
Porsche Vehicle Management System (PVMS) - this is the tool that the dealer loads your configuration into and submits to the factory for build. There are a number of reports available including your Build Sheet which is a list of options and pricing, and your build status which shows your build state as a bunch of VXX codes, it starts as V200 which gives an approximate delivery date, and goes through configuration lock, body shop entry, etc.

Dealers vary, some like to give the build status report and just tell you dates could change +/- 2 weeks, other dealers refuse to give you a printout.

If your dealer can't at least show you the PVMS screen with a valid V200 status then you should be shopping elsewhere.

VR,

Ryan
Old 09-15-2014, 07:32 PM
sk0t
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the build reports might be a PCNA thing, because I asked my sales guy in Australia for one and he said he hadn't seen it before; he's been selling new Porsches for over 20 years.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:22 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

My status currently says: V110 - IMP Text handling required
What does that mean?
Old 09-16-2014, 03:16 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
They can not guarantee what is going to happen to your order??

I smell a rat

That is correct. I can't believe it neither. They took my deposit in May and are not able to say whether they would fulfil the contract.

The problem however is that I specifically requested the car to be build in calendar year 2015. In Europe in some countries what counts for the car's age is not MY nor first registration but the date of its build. So even if I can get MY2015 in December for me this car is going to depreciate 15-20% in just one month which is not acceptable for me. I'd rather take a second hand car in this case and save like 20k EUR.

Anyway thanks for your inputs. I will try to approach my dealer with request for PVMS printout.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:05 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kyrocks
My status currently says: V110 - IMP Text handling required
What does that mean?
It means Dark Blue Metallic is now a PTS color and you'll have to choose a new color.

Typically all those handling required entries mean production needs to asses the availability schedule of parts for some option on your build. Once they confirm date for parts they will set all the production dates based on the parts and you status will move to V200 or beyond.

Mine is stuck waiting for production to approve my wing tips in black, a CXX option.

Ryan
Old 09-20-2014, 03:16 AM
qbix
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

rc

Quick Reply: Commission No.