mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Good: Park Place Dallas
Old 09-03-2014, 06:38 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Fantastic - Porsche of Chattanooga are my nomination for being an exceptional dealership!
They've been honourable and fair with every dealing I've had with them over the past 6 years. Their conduct with the GT3 has been no different. It's a small family dealership that abides by a code that promotes loyalty to and of their customers. Never charges over MSRP. I can't praise them enough!
Old 09-03-2014, 07:04 PM
kneman1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche of Huntington in NYC. Great guys to deal with. I live in Los Angeles and called around. They gave me a Nov 21 delivery. No hassle at MSRP. Great guys. My car sticker is pushing 171. I think I went overboard.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:05 PM
Cherryblock
Rennlist Member

Received 209 Likes on 76 Posts

Isringhausen in Springfield- in particular Geoff JR.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:13 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by autoxer2010
Agree 100% on Porsche of San Diego. They play straight. List is honored. At MSRP. It was worth the 6 hour drive to pick mine up, two weeks ago.
Autoxer2010 - post some pics - your car looks great!
Jeff
Old 09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Porsche of San Diego. Their list is sacrosanct. Doesn't make a difference if you are a long time customer (which I am) or not. When your turn come up you get called.
I agree with Nick, Porsche San Diego has provided great service to me. From sales to service. Highly recommended.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,378 Likes on 837 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_racer
I'm not a lawyer, but I wonder if it would even be legal for a dealer to do that? If there's a dealer doing that, it might be worth looking into the legal aspects of that practice?

Individuals could certainly do that if they want to take the risk. But it's not a very prudent risk IMO. You can control the price that way for a short time. But, what happens is that on the back side you get your *** handed to you because, once supply opens up, you're stuck with cars that no longer command a premium and are considered "used".

FWIW, I had an experience with another make where I put down a deposit on a car as soon as I heard it was going to be produced. A year later when production started I called the dealer and asked when mine would be ready. The dealer said, "what deposit? who are you?" By that time my sales rep was gone and the sales manager told me I'd have to pay $20K over. I faxed him my receipt that clearly stated "at MRSP". The sales manager claimed he couldn't find the original and said he couldn't tell if it was a legitimate receipt. Long story short, I had to call damned near everyone at the dealership until I got through to the owner and was able to get the situation resolved. Oh, and when I got there to pick up the car, I noticed the original deposit receipt was in my folder.
Honestly I'm not surprised. Some "stealerships" still adhere to the old Ford selling model introduced way back when. Even when called on the carpet they deny.

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
Good: Park Place Dallas
+1
Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,899 Likes on 978 Posts

Originally Posted by casajoel79
Porsche of Bucks County is a dealership under the Thompson Organization (formally known as HOLBERTS), I am a Porsche Brand Ambassador for the company.
1. We do not charge over MSRP, This is on any Porsche or other manufacturer the is in the Thompson Organization
2. I do require a deposit, but I am faced with some not so STANDUP potential clients. I have taken "refundable" deposits and the client then switched dealers because of an earlier date of delivery from another dealer. At which then I am sitting on a 2014 GT3 with a MSRP of $135K. My usual MSRP has been in the $145K area, this means I am sitting on a Rhodium Silver GT3 that the client backed out of. Any offers?
3. We are amongst the most "stand-up" and professional dealership. No deception, straight talk and straight deals. What you see is what you get.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if that is what you want from a Porsche Dealership

Porsche of Bucks County
Warrington, PA

My name is Joel Casa
You forgot to mention that you sponsor a sh*t-hot driver in IMSA GT3 Challenge.

Add Winner Porsche in Newark, DE to the good guys list.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:23 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Add Porsche of Larchmont to the list. Always MSRP or less, happy to put up with endless build changes and one of the best service managers in the area.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:41 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

an observation - a handful/very few dealers get a lot of negative noise from this board (rightfully), but isn't it interesting to see a thread like this - really, we all have a lot of very positive experiences with dealers too...

I guess dealers are people too, afterall, at least some of them...
Old 09-03-2014, 10:12 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I attest to the Porsche Center of San Antonio. MSRP not a penny more a small dealership great people.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Tosilog
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Porsche of Westwood, straight shooters, MSRP, honest waiting list. as a result, more referrals and repeat business from me.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:52 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,065 Likes on 5,252 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_racer
I don't think I would put all dealers that charge a mark-up in the "bad" category. I would only put a dealer in the "bad" category if they (1) charge repeat customers a markup for (2) temporary shortages of a particular model. My dealer has only once "charged" me a mark-up and it was for their one and only RS4.0. And in that case it was because they called all their best customers and said "we have one car coming, and we are offering it to our best customers only, at whatever markup they believe is reasonable." I think I told them I'd pay $5K over, and surprisingly I got it. (Unfortunately, I was a dumb-*** and sold it too soon, before the prices spiked.)

This same dealer took my 991 GT3 order at list (before I put down the deposit on a 918). But when I asked them for a price on a 991 GT3 for a one-time, out of state buyer (a friend's cousin from another state), they quoted $15K over. In this case, the $15K over was for a car that was being sold on consignment for an existing customer who purchased their 2014 at MSRP and was reselling it. All of their own GT3 allocations were spoken for and they had a waiting list for any future allocations. (They still have a waiting list for future 991 GT3 allocations.)

I don't have a problem with either of the above scenarios. I also wouldn't have a problem with a dealer quoting MSRP to a regular customer but $25K over to someone they've never done business with. (That said, if I was that someone they'd never done business with, I would pass on the $25K over price... but that's another issue.) In other words, they might be a good dealer to work with, I just might not want to buy that particular car from them.

For those of us fortunate enough to be able to get a 991 GT3, we will benefit from the fact that Porsche has taken a more conservative stance with regard to production of "special" cars. In the short run, that's going to cause an excess of demand over supply -- and the resulting markup that many dealers are charging. But, on the flip side, we also benefit from this decision, as it should protect us somewhat when resale comes along. The only way you get "hurt" is if you have to have it now and you can't find an allocation with no mark-up. If I were you, I'd just be patient and wait it out. I think allocations will become easier to get once the RS is available. Also, there will likely be an increased supply of slightly used 991 GT3s on the market once the RS is available.
+911

Marking up a vehicle in and of itself is not something that should put a dealer on the "bad" list.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:21 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
+911

Marking up a vehicle in and of itself is not something that should put a dealer on the "bad" list.
I agree in principle.

But I'd like to know where I am on the list and at what price, neither of which should change once the process has started. No commitment to see if they get a better build, a higher markup, or "better customer" is all horse crap. Because they know they play this game, they don't take deposits up front (at least from me). So I can say they haven't lied to me or mislead me, but still a frustrating process.

I have been forced to buy all of my high demand vehicles out of market even though I have made early early requests to make deposits and be put on the list or even start a list. And I hate this because my sales reps are great people and truly brand ambassadors. The service departments are great too. Unfortunately, the direction apparently comes from above; well above GMs of the dealerships, all based on my personal experience with multiple dealerships of different brands but common ownership.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:32 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another Scenario:

A dealer sells their first one or two high demand cars to their picker customer who buy them at MSRP and then trade them in without ever taking them off the lot for the same price. The dealer then marks the cars up above MSRP and resales them. Does this put them on the "bad list"? Then, how does your opinion change if the dealer continues to claim they never sell above MSRP?

A discussion I got into with a friend of mine in Denver this past week. He thinks this happens a lot.

Quick Reply: Good Dealer List