Sponsored by:

Radar, Etc

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 09:52 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake951
Remember that laser shifters/jammers must have an unobstructed field of view to function optimally. Think what happens when you put a screen or grille in front of your eyes--your vision is compromised and that's what happens with laser.
That makes sense.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:39 PM
prestonr2010
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Question,
At present, while waiting for a longer mounting screw to arrive for my tow hook plate holder, I have no front plate (velcro for inspection). I know it's a ticket in MA but... that is their target... to keep it simple, anyone have opinions on the plate cover options? Pretty low tech and while not legal I'm sure harder to get caught with?
BTW - thanks for the tip on the lighter socket below the glovebox! I would have found it eventually I'm sure but a better option than what I was doing.
Just a hair under 400 miles, what do people really think is a reasonable mileage before a DE day? Maybe DE at less than 100% - say keep it below 7000 or so? I want to keep the car long-term so don't want to regret a bad decision on this.
Thanks
Old 09-04-2014, 08:49 AM
007DT
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mdkim
Would you mind showing your installation of the shifters/jammers? The ones I've seen are relatively noticeable and I'm wondering if there's a way to "hide" them under the mesh/grill of the front intakes without affecting their function.
The front laser jammers have to have a clear view in order to do their job. IMO they are hidden fairly well.. (2 in the front).
Behind the bumper cover is where the Radar portion of the system is. It does not require an "open" view.

Rear: Just above the license plate is the device built into the bracket.
Attached Images   

Quick Reply: Radar, Etc