Sponsored by:

Just got my 2014 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 01:26 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by oc997
Ok fine I admit i am a sissy and not a real driver but I have been handicapped by technology.

I wonder if there is a way to retro fit so it works with the factory PCM??
The next gen GT3 will have it- IIRC it is a new US reg coming soon- all cars will have backup cameras.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:42 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
then what do I get if I just click the $8k bucket seat option vs. the cheaper version. This definitely adds leather to the car, just not sure how much/differently than clicking other options. Trying to see differences in configurator, not clear...
When you click the $8k bucket option, you are adding Full Leather. You will see it illustrated on the summary page. Full Leather includes, stitched leather dash, door tops and rear compartment.

On the .2's the bottom of the doors were covered in Alcantara as opposed to plastic when making the leather selection. I assume he same still applies.
Old 09-04-2014, 01:45 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
On the configurator, I still can't figure the leather options. If I click the $8k sport bucket seats, does that get me the nice stitching and leather on dash? Or do I still have to click more? I don't really care about having the door trim or the full leather option that adds leather to EVERYTHING. I like the idea of a middle road option where the dash and a couple other things are nicely leathered and stitched.
Agreed, however, you have selected what Porsche calls 'Full Leather'. I am ordering that again and adding the steering column ($465) and visors ($690) as the former adds a nice touch and the latter are really cheap looking otherwise.

Full leather is roughly $3,500.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:23 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by oc997
Ok fine I admit i am a sissy and not a real driver but I have been handicapped by technology.

I wonder if there is a way to retro fit so it works with the factory PCM??
Search is your friend. Read this thread: Rear Camera

Quick Reply: Just got my 2014 GT3