Sponsored by:

Order placed: December build :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Frenzyy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Order placed: December build :)

Got my GT3 build in for Dec production, 10% deposit paid and doing final research on options

http://www.porsche-code.com/PF8JJE98

I got till Sept 15 to final lock in specs and cannot be changed. I'm still deciding between Alcantara or leather steering wheel - this will be a DD but occasionally tracked (3-5/year), so I'm torn at the moment.

Also, the 619 option (Bluetooh mobile phone prep) looks to be now standard and dealer couldn't locate that code on the dealer configurator.

Anything obvious that I'd be kicking myself for not ordering? Trying to keep it lean.

Whats the next step - Do previous buyers get regular updates from their dealer, or get a production time table etc?

Trying to restrain my excitement , its going to be tough to wait till Feb when it is expect to arrive.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:58 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Leather steering wheel. Feels better, lasts longer. Also better if you have sweaty hands.

Several GT3 owners with alcantara wheel have stated they wished they ordered leather.
None of the owners with a leather wheel have said the reverse.

Last edited by Drifting; 09-01-2014 at 12:59 AM. Reason: .
Old 09-01-2014, 01:01 AM
Frenzyy
Instructor

drifting, thanks for the insight. i've been looking through a bunch of threads on the topic, nicely summarized
Old 09-01-2014, 01:39 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Sept 15 lock for a December build?
My December build locks nov 3....
Old 09-01-2014, 02:00 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nov lock date seems too close to build date. I would check to make sure.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:01 AM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My October build locks September 19

Sent from my iPhone using Rennlist
Old 09-01-2014, 02:02 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Extended leather dash, Steering column in leather like Dude mentioned is what I will order next time around. Oh, please order any color except red or white.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:03 AM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alcantara for sure for me

There are ways/products you can use to treat the Alcantara to make it last longer ( eventually you will have to change it though)

The feel of it beats leather by a mile in my opinion. just suits the GT3 car so much making it feel even more like a race car.

All my cars have always been with leather steering wheels before this GT3. ill make sure to tick the Alcantara option from here on out.

cheers
Old 09-01-2014, 03:00 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Alcantara for sure...The feel of it beats leather by a mile in my opinion. just suits the GT3 car so much making it feel even more like a race car. All my cars have always been with leather steering wheels before this GT3. ill make sure to tick the Alcantara option from here on out.
+1

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 09-01-2014, 03:42 AM
Frenzyy
Instructor

hmm, not sure why Sept 15 was the lock date, I may have gotten it wrong. I had told him I may do Euro Delivery, so that could of been the date they needed to get the ok with pcna? (I'm no longer doing ED for a Jan/Feb pickup, doesn't look like its a great time to be driving in German and definitely not rest of Europe)

the steering wheel is tough, and no current P-cars on the lot has alcantara for me to get a feel of. i don't get sweaty hands or eat in the car, so it should last longer than average. it more how does it feel as a DD without gloves - in both hot and cold weather?

also does it look out of place when the rest of the car is standard leather?
Old 09-01-2014, 05:17 AM
LAGinz
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The steering wheel issue is obviously one of personal preference, but this was my process when I finalized my order last week at the dealer. He had cars with both. I played around with both a bit. They feel significantly different , but for me there was no clear winner. (Sorry, but I just didn't get the GFE experience from the alcantara that at least one of you spoke of Also, to me, the fit of the alcantara on the wheel looks ever so slightly after-marketish. So I decided to go with the known quantity, leather. Fairly close call, but content with my decision. In any event, if you change your mind later, I seem to recall that Suncoast has each of the factory replacement wheels for either a grand or 1,500.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:52 AM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats. I have a December build with a Nov 3 lock date. I am going with alcantara steering wheel but might reconsider based on the feedback I'm hearing. Is wearing driving gloves on street driving a pain?
Old 09-01-2014, 06:20 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats! steering wheel....since for mostly street, leather wheel seems to make more sense.. more durable for daily use. Best to spec for your intended use. For me, I intend to use as a track toy.. so I plan to spec with only 2 options.. P11.. sport buckets seats and floor mats. If I was going to use as a street car/daily, I would get leather interior, adaptive sport seats, nav, sound plus and front lift. I am partial to white, but the Rhodium Silver looks pretty sick.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Tosilog
Congrats. I have a December build with a Nov 3 lock date. I am going with alcantara steering wheel but might reconsider based on the feedback I'm hearing. Is wearing driving gloves on street driving a pain?
Not really... just be sure to include your helmet.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Weekend car, and light track. Alcantara for me because it looks good, and leather is so common, and Alcantara feels better. Go with what you like; for me Alcantara really sets the car off, and matches the seats.

Quick Reply: Order placed: December build :)