Order placed: December build :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Alcantara for sure for me

There are ways/products you can use to treat the Alcantara to make it last longer ( eventually you will have to change it though)

The feel of it beats leather by a mile in my opinion. just suits the GT3 car so much making it feel even more like a race car.

All my cars have always been with leather steering wheels before this GT3. ill make sure to tick the Alcantara option from here on out.

cheers
+1

I had alcantara on my .2 GT3 and really liked the feel. Did not have an issue with getting it grubby. As Arth states, there are ways of keeping it clean.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:12 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have alcantara on my .2 gt3, and I think it is important to the feel and look of this particular model...just my $.02. Also, I am leaning toward carbon inside the car. I don't have that on my current gt3, and typically I am not into it. But I find the aluminum standard trim on the 991 much brighter/shinier then my standard trim on the .2 gt3. I feel that carbon will darken it up in there a bit and give a more serious tone....
Old 09-01-2014, 11:06 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
I have alcantara on my .2 gt3, and I think it is important to the feel and look of this particular model...just my $.02. Also, I am leaning toward carbon inside the car. I don't have that on my current gt3, and typically I am not into it. But I find the aluminum standard trim on the 991 much brighter/shinier then my standard trim on the .2 gt3. I feel that carbon will darken it up in there a bit and give a more serious tone....
not fond of the bright aluminum trim either. my .2 3 had that as well.

this time I am getting Anthracite Aluminum Trim (def. darker), which covers the dash, doors and center console piece around the PDK lever; only $325.

other very desirable option for me was to add leather trim in the aforementioned places. really darkens but believe there is still enough contrast. $ goes up of course.

the extra leather in addition to Full Leather really adds a rich look without taking way from the sporting nature of the car.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:46 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tosilog
Congrats. I have a December build with a Nov 3 lock date. I am going with alcantara steering wheel but might reconsider based on the feedback I'm hearing. Is wearing driving gloves on street driving a pain?
My .2 was Alcantara and loved it and I originally had Alcanatra but after reading the RL feedback I switched over to leather which was a mistake. Like Arth said it feels great. My .2 was 4 yrs old and when I sold it the Alcantara looked brand new with 16K miles on the clock.

Next time I am definitely going Alcantara.

Frayed, if you want leather let me know. We can swap.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:01 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 911dev
not fond of the bright aluminum trim either. my .2 3 had that as well.

this time I am getting Anthracite Aluminum Trim (def. darker), which covers the dash, doors and center console piece around the PDK lever; only $325.

other very desirable option for me was to add leather trim in the aforementioned places. really darkens but believe there is still enough contrast. $ goes up of course.

the extra leather in addition to Full Leather really adds a rich look without taking way from the sporting nature of the car.
thanks for info. sorry to highjack thread. I need to check into that on the configurator. I ignored all aluminum options because I like a more "business like" darker look inside. I went straight to carbon. I'll go research the anthracite. Thanks again
Old 09-01-2014, 03:25 PM
mundman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Where is Anthracite available ?

November 28, 2014 delivery!!!
Old 09-01-2014, 04:54 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
... I like a more "business like" darker look inside. I went straight to carbon. ...
To me, the glossy carbon fiber is anything but business-like - unless you're in show business.

Originally Posted by mundman
Where is Anthracite available ? ...
Try looking under Options / Aluminum on the configurator.

Here's a pic of anthracite aluminum trim.

Anthracite aluminum trim - not mine.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:04 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

I like that anthracite...I will need to go try to find some in person to see... we will have to agree to disagree that the carbon fiber is shinier/brighter than the previous aluminum...
Old 09-01-2014, 06:10 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm not a fan of the carbon trim, but went it this time because of the buckets. It's also an easy option to change after delivery.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:49 PM
spooky
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really like the look feel of Alcantara and wouldn't take leather option on gt3. A packet of hand wipes/freshner towels is nice in car anyway and helps on those occasions if hands unclean making sure s/wheel stays in best condition.

Sorry for off topic but talking interior trim, I've ticked painted in exterior colour which is GT Silver. Anyone help with photos of it?
Old 09-01-2014, 07:00 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,720 Likes on 913 Posts

You ticked the right seats. The rest is just noise.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:11 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone said here that the alcantara steering wheel is the complete GFE experience. If you don't like it, you can upgrade it to a 918 style steering wheel that would probably be available with the 992 GT3.
Old 09-01-2014, 07:12 PM
Frenzyy
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

damn, i like the cup holder trim in that anthracite.

I can't really tell the difference from regular vs anthracite on the center console. Does it extend to wrap around the PCM screen, or does it just run down the silver trim around the gearshift to the arm rest/storage area?

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Here's a pic of anthracite aluminum trim.

Anthracite aluminum trim - not mine.

Old 09-01-2014, 07:36 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Frenzyy
damn, i like the cup holder trim in that anthracite.

I can't really tell the difference from regular vs anthracite on the center console. Does it extend to wrap around the PCM screen, or does it just run down the silver trim around the gearshift to the arm rest/storage area?
Just the latter...

Quick Reply: Order placed: December build :)