Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For the 991 GT3: Which Blue? Mexico vs Riviera vs Maritime vs Vodoo, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 02:50 AM
platinum star
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mexico Blue looks better .
But I still love black !
Old 08-29-2014, 09:56 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

does anyone know what this blue is?
Attached Images   
Old 08-29-2014, 10:19 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

^ It's probably Aetna, but could be Gulf due to dim lighting.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:32 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,764 Likes on 924 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
I'm going to have to go orange, best colors are .1 orange, Voodoo, .1 green in that order for 991 RS

Or we could go DD subtle than it would be GT Silver, rhodium, white or Atlas grey..
Like ur thinking but EOD i don't care what color it is. Just make it light and get it here already.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:26 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 116 Posts

The above car is Aetna.

Didn't the OP have a Turquoise 993? Is that color suddently undesirable or not feasible for 991?
Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Guest89
The above car is Aetna.

Didn't the OP have a Turquoise 993? Is that color suddently undesirable or not feasible for 991?
Mystery Guest89,

Yes I did. I loved that car. Its in Seattle now. 1- its not available as PTS, 2- I always thought it had a little too much green in it when in shade.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:18 AM
JP Schnegg
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Color > Which one ?

This question tortured me many weeks. Initially, I went for the standard white and thought to place few decals to personalize my car. Finally, I decided to retrieve the white from my order as there are too many white cars in the market. I wanted a punchy color like Blood Orange but it was not available. I surfed hours on Internet and found blue as an alternative. My final choice is Riviera Blue. It is light but visible and so different than hundreds of similar GT3s. I've never seen one in real but believe the car will be stunning. I can only recommend you for the same choice. Mine will have checkered stripes on both side with GT3 letters on front right and rear left wings.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:16 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by JP Schnegg
This question tortured me many weeks. Initially, I went for the standard white and thought to place few decals to personalize my car. Finally, I decided to retrieve the white from my order as there are too many white cars in the market. I wanted a punchy color like Blood Orange but it was not available. I surfed hours on Internet and found blue as an alternative. My final choice is Riviera Blue. It is light but visible and so different than hundreds of similar GT3s. I've never seen one in real but believe the car will be stunning. I can only recommend you for the same choice. Mine will have checkered stripes on both side with GT3 letters on front right and rear left wings.
Congratulations.... I took this way up the flag pole after learning that PTS had been frozen...had a senior PCNA executive speak with Porsche AG. When he called me back, his comment was "Germans are very rules oriented" So I guess no more PTS means no more PTS, unfortunately for the rest of us. So rest assured that your PTS Riviera will be rare...

Back to regular colors. Just not sure I can do anything other than white, its so bright on the car and looks great.
Old 09-06-2014, 09:57 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Sorry to hear you're back to square one. I'm still trying to finalize my decision on color choice. I've finalized the interior choices at least (Buckets + Carbon Interior Trim + Red Stitching + Red Belts)

I've only ever seen a white 991 GT3 in person and it does look great. Very common and I own 2 white porsches already that I will be keeping with the GT3 arrives.

Guards Red looks great in pictures, but I need to buy a second set of wheels so I have a winter/summer set and it might limit color choice so much that I switch to white.

Black I think looks great, but I just don't want to deal with a black car this time.

Agate Grey looks good - but 90% of 911s I see on the road are either agate or silver.

Racing Yellow - I can't do it because of the stitching.

There is a Sapphire Blue C4S in my neighbourhood and it looks great 10% of the time and dull 90% of the time.

The rest of the colors just don't work for me.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:08 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

For a non RS, i would assume the car will be used more daily then garage queen.

Therefore Id choose Maritime over the Mexico and Mexico over the Riveria. Riveria has alot of "white" in it. Very Bright. Very nice, but Too bright for something I would daily.

I would personally look for Bali blue or the same blue as the Jeff Zwart PTS 4.0L.
Attached Images   
Old 09-06-2014, 10:12 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
For a non RS, i would assume the car will be used more daily then garage queen.

Therefore Id choose Maritime over the Mexico and Mexico over the Riveria. Riveria has alot of "white" in it. Very Bright. Very nice, but Too bright for something I would daily.

I would personally look for Bali blue or the same blue as the Jeff Zwart PTS 4.0L.
I've read your posts on this topic. I think we all agree that the RS is the most wild, limited, and desirable GT3 to purchase. And deserves wild colors. I am not sure that I believe/agree with your generalizations that all non-RS GT3s are daily drivers. My guess is that a very small % of GT3 owners (of any year) drive them as their only daily car. I know they exist, many on this board, nothing wrong with it, wonderful, but I still think the minority. What is probably a more fair assumption is that a high % of RS owners track their cars and a smaller % of GT3 owners track their car, but still pretty high (Porsche reports 80%).

My lesson learned during this process is that PTS is a very desirable option if you can get it/find it. I definitely would have done something wild on a regular GT3 without thinking twice about it.
Old 09-06-2014, 10:25 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 257 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
My lesson learned during this process is that PTS is a very desirable option if you can get it/find it. I definitely would have done something wild on a regular GT3 without thinking twice about it.
This is true. If you can get it, grab it and it will be glorious no matter what it is as it will be different.

What my thoughts are, the 991GT3 is such an easy car to live with thanks to PDK that it can be dailyed a lot more in comfort then anticipated. If i had a radical color like viper green or something really bright it would probably hold me back from grabbing the keys on certain daily driving occassions more so then not which is a shame.... Be it a funeral, picking up a late night snack etc...
Old 10-14-2014, 07:58 PM
Mike DeFalco
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how about you split the difference between Rivera/Mexico and Maritime/Voodoo and go with Blue Turquoise. I think it's the best Porsche Blue of them all.

Old 10-15-2014, 03:42 PM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't wait for December to drive the car and post the pics of my PTS GT3 on order 😛
Old 10-15-2014, 04:05 PM
911Jetta
Rennlist Member

Received 485 Likes on 278 Posts

My buddy's Mexico Blue rep on the left. You can't help but smile when you see the car!

Mexico Blue in the shade

In the sun

Maritine Blue 997

Maritine Blue 964 RS

Quick Reply: For the 991 GT3: Which Blue? Mexico vs Riviera vs Maritime vs Vodoo, etc.