Sponsored by:

Securing 991 GT3 RS

Old 08-27-2014, 12:02 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by drqiman
Lodi,

I will also ask for a buyer's order. I was previously told that I had to wait until the car was officially announced before any official paperwork could be drawn. Is this true?
I placed a deposit and got written confirmation of my place in line a full year before the 991 GT3 was announced. There was no guarantee of an allocation, but it was guaranteed that if my dealer got an allocation it was mine at MSRP. It doesn't have to be official between you and Porsche, only something binding between you and the dealer. Only the dealer has to be willing, at this point Porsche doesn't need to be involved.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:09 AM
bort
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the US Nizer you should have bought the 4.0 from me ended up in Iraq via houston. Water under the bridge looking forward to the next one. Should have kept 4.0 hindsight 20/20.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,714 Likes on 910 Posts

no doubt. shoulda taken my allocation at MSRP as well.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:37 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+1. Flip it, not much risk if they honor the RS spot.

I have a signed buyers order with deposit for maybe a year now.
Put a deposit down with same dealer April '08 and got the first RS in Feb '10.
Fingers crossed but it helps that my dealer has an honored company policy of not selling over MSRP.
Which dealer?
Old 08-27-2014, 01:36 AM
the_vetman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Which dealer?
+1. Sounds like the type of dealer I want to do business with.

Nizer, I've been meaning to point this out: your Kimi quote is a paraphrase. I'm pretty sure (had it recorded on DVR for a while) he said "Leave me alone - I know what to do." Just pointing it out - you don't have to take any advice from me (or from anyone for that matter).
Old 05-10-2015, 12:18 AM
robertmzadeh
Intermediate

i would write out a check and just put in the memo sections the description of the car. When the deposit the check your secure. 2500 should do.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:31 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

IN the middle East they ask for a 28K USD deposit.
Old 05-10-2015, 02:45 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

just missed a 997.2 RS 4.0
for 260k$ 6000miles black full optionals
Old 05-10-2015, 03:32 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

I have been assured the first available 991GT3 RS at my dealership. They put my name down as first on the RS list more than six months ago. I offered to put a deposit but they did not want one at the time. They are a solid dealer and have a good reputation with the local PCA. I will probably purchase a Boxster from them before the RS arrives and a GT4 when it becomes available. Four years ago, I had a deposit with a different dealer for the upcoming RS 4.0 When the car became available, I was unceremoniously bumped for another customer. What paperwork can I request to sign ahead of time in order to have something more than a handshake and my name first on the list? Thanks in advance.
This happens all the time. Best customers walk in and request and even willing to pay over MSRP and wallah they get a car. If they also tell you they are getting a lot less cars than they thought they would be getting they are likely selling the extra cars, often over MSRP, to good customers or those willing to accept high markup, and those other people on the list waiting in the lurch with no clue. They have all bases covered by saying they are getting less allocations, even though in reality they got all the allocations or more and are being less than truthful. This is quite common in my opinion. You would likely do the same as a dealer. I hate it all the same.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:35 PM
991 3Turbo
Racer

Originally Posted by robertmzadeh
i would write out a check and just put in the memo sections the description of the car. When the deposit the check your secure. 2500 should do.

Problem is they can have a list of anything they want with any order they want, and sell cars to people not on the list, and almost no one would have a clue. Unless you get the call nothing is a given, especially with a car not even out and in very high demand.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been assured the first available 991GT3 RS at my dealership. They put my name down as first on the RS list more than six months ago. I offered to put a deposit but they did not want one at the time. They are a solid dealer and have a good reputation with the local PCA. I will probably purchase a Boxster from them before the RS arrives and a GT4 when it becomes available. Four years ago, I had a deposit with a different dealer for the upcoming RS 4.0 When the car became available, I was unceremoniously bumped for another customer. What paperwork can I request to sign ahead of time in order to have something more than a handshake and my name first on the list? Thanks in advance.
Like most of the guys are saying get EVERYTHING in writing. If the dealer gets squirmy when this is requested. Move on immediately and start searching for others. If they take a deposit and give you a printout of your "slot" coupled with a receipt for X amount of $ signed by the GM. Then you should be OK. But the RS and like Motorsport cars have been given to the dealers BEST clients in most cases. So you are at a disadvantage there if you are not a preferred client. Good luck.
Old 05-11-2015, 12:38 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
Details? where was it for sale
Old 05-11-2015, 01:44 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I placed a deposit and got written confirmation of my place in line a full year before the 991 GT3 was announced. There was no guarantee of an allocation, but it was guaranteed that if my dealer got an allocation it was mine at MSRP. It doesn't have to be official between you and Porsche, only something binding between you and the dealer. Only the dealer has to be willing, at this point Porsche doesn't need to be involved.
Right on the money. This has been my experience, as well.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:57 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Details? where was it for sale
Italy, sorry the optionals are in italian
but easy to be understood (the more important TRANSLATED)

Offerta n.: P0088382002-241380
€ 260.000,

10.996 km
11/2011 Anno
368 kW (500 CV)

Cerchi verniciati in argento GT (wheels in silver gt)
Cintura a 6 punti di ancoraggio (6 points seat belts for passenger)
Consolle centrale posteriore in alcantara
Nero/Interni in pelle nero/rosso, sedili pelle (Ext. Black , Int. Leather Black red stitching)
Pacchetto Sound Plus
Porsche Communication Management (PCM)
Roll bar nero
Serbatoio da 90 litri
Sistema di regolazione dei fari
Sistema di sollevamento asse anteriore (lift)
Specchietti elettrici regolabili
Ugelli lavafari verniciati
Old 05-12-2015, 03:38 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,476 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit201
Like most of the guys are saying get EVERYTHING in writing. If the dealer gets squirmy when this is requested. Move on immediately and start searching for others. If they take a deposit and give you a printout of your "slot" coupled with a receipt for X amount of $ signed by the GM. Then you should be OK. But the RS and like Motorsport cars have been given to the dealers BEST clients in most cases. So you are at a disadvantage there if you are not a preferred client. Good luck.
this is why this country is full of lawyers and law suits.
marriage has everything in writing. and i believe usa has highest divorce rate? so what is to death do we part..... so full of sh*t. (the paper part, not Bandit 201's comment on writing)

buying car is a simple transaction. i want this car at this price. there cannot possibly be any misunderstanding. it's really very simple. if one cannot remember such a simple promise and has to write it down on paper. jesus christ, i need to start write things down like, unzip pants, whip out my family jewel THEN pee INTO the toilet not my rice bowl...

it's not that hard. if someone wants to fk around with you they can write whatever down and nothing means anything. i can write down that i wont sue you then turn around and sue you.

i really dont like to write anything down...

if you screw me, i WILL GET YOU BACK 10x over. and i dont need to write down that i got screwed....

is this just me?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Securing 991 GT3 RS