Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Camera

Has any one looked into or considered installing a reverse camera on their GT3
Old 08-22-2014, 04:20 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There was one install on one of the postings. Not sure where it is. Maybe some one could find it for you. I'm also interested in a rear camera.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Dude-
Pro

I have, my dealer can install it right away and its not that hard. However, my sales guy says its a small car.....and its a gt3, you are suppose to be good driver so why would you need it. I said "you are right" and went home wishing it was a standard equipment.... :P
Old 08-22-2014, 04:34 PM
brass4321
Racer

I believe that SamfromTX installed a NavTV camera, but it required opening the PCM and installing a cable inside, which voids the warranty on the PCM. I was hoping to see more options as I plan to have one installed myself. Just about anywhere I go I will be in a parking garage and a camera would make life easier.
Old 08-22-2014, 04:40 PM
chizi
Intermediate

brass for the new PCM they have an install which is plug n play and does not require to open the PCM unit. i would love for an dealership install i shall inquire on that since DUDE's dealer can do it why cant all

http://delreycustoms.myshopify.com/p...ra-and-cayenne
thats the link to the plug n play system
Old 08-22-2014, 05:29 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

I would love to know the status of this. Does it fully integrate with the PCM as stock? I was in my friends TTS yesterday and its such a nice option. I have gotten pretty used to from my Tundra. Its the only way to see what is behind you.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:47 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had this done. The Porsche camera on the TTS can not integrate. AFAIK, the only way to do it through the OEM screen is to open the radio (voids warranty), so the link chizi attached is intriguing. I installed an HD camera, which gives me way better resolution than the stock I have in my '15 Panamera GTS. The camera is great when parking in tight spots or backing up into garages, etc.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:50 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I had this done. The Porsche camera on the TTS can not integrate. AFAIK, the only way to do it through the OEM screen is to open the radio (voids warranty), so the link chizi attached is intriguing. I installed an HD camera, which gives me way better resolution than the stock I have in my '15 Panamera GTS. The camera is great when parking in tight spots or backing up into garages, etc.
Do you get some navigation lines or just the camera?
Old 08-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SamFrom: can you share the product name and what the cost is? Want to look into this as well. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:15 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Lodi
Do you get some navigation lines or just the camera?
I have the lines disabled because I was not sure how a generic, one size fits all, line be accurate but yes, you can have lines.

Originally Posted by Clocked
SamFrom: can you share the product name and what the cost is? Want to look into this as well. Thanks.
I'm gonna have to dig the info out, hopefully later tonight.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:00 PM
Tre
Racer

It's too bad Porsche isn't being proactive with the GT3 model since in 3 models years (2018), reverse cameras are suppose to be mandatory in the US. I wonder if manufacturers are just going to bump up the msrp by how much it costs as an option today. I remember being upset when I had to install a reverse camera in my GTR only to see Nissan add it as standard equipment the next MY.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:45 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Clocked
NavTV $900 and on their website they still say radio needs to be opened. Link:
http://www.navtv.com/product/260/rgb-pcm3-1-kit.html

I can't recall the HD camera brand but it was $60-70 and install another $800-1000 or so, so the whole thing less than $2K. You need a reputable installer in case they mess the radio up. I had no doubt the guys I used (The Steele Shop) would have stood behind their work if something would have happened.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:59 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I just had a back-up camera installed on my GT3. It uses a camera module made by Nav-TV, but uses a PCM interface made by a former Nav-TV engineer. This interface does not require any physical modifications to the PCM, i.e., plug and play. It works great, and its functions can be adjusted via a PCM screen with the same options a factory camera has, although the guide lines are fixed as opposed to turning as the steering wheel angle is changed.

The PCM interface is from Car Integration Systems (no affiliation).
Old 08-23-2014, 12:23 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
I just had a back-up camera installed on my GT3. It uses a camera module made by Nav-TV, but uses a PCM interface made by a former Nav-TV engineer. This interface does not require any physical modifications to the PCM, i.e., plug and play. It works great, and its functions can be adjusted via a PCM screen with the same options a factory camera has, although the guide lines are fixed as opposed to turning as the steering wheel angle is changed.

The PCM interface is from Car Integration Systems (no affiliation).
John, I think I found the CIS web site but it doesn't provide a lot of details (the web page says the site is still under construction.)
http://www.carintegrationsystems.com/

Could you provide a few more details? Did you buy direct from CIS? Who did the installation? If you don't mind saying, how much did it cost? Thanks.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:28 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I was thinking today of this solution to lack of rear visibility .

Make the rear view mirror be the screen for a camera lens mounted on the underside of the wing
Bluetooth the signal between so no wires needed
give it three mode function
standard view , wide angle view, and long range view, to change modes tap mirror/screen
Now that would be a nice safe helpful upgrade ,
Sharkey , Alex you're out there in circuit city Cali what do you think ?

Quick Reply: Rear Camera