Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paint to Sample GT3's (Who all ordered one and what color)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 03:25 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Paint to Sample GT3's (Who all ordered one and what color)

now that we've seen a few more threads with pain to sample 991 Gt3's pop up (factory must have did a huge batch to finish out the 2014 PTS)

i ordered a mexico blue w/o pccb,

i see allenS ordered a mexico w/ pccb, and another gentleman in the post says he ordered a mexico w/ pccb for 2015.

i heard of a riviera blue

but other than that, and other than blues... who has confirmed an order or taken delivery of a PTS???

any greens? oranges? pinks? purples?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:55 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Gulf blue PTS, October build, December delivery.

Old 08-24-2014, 12:03 AM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

I ordered Signal Yellow (at least I wish I did).
Old 08-24-2014, 01:55 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Conekilr
I have a Gulf blue PTS, October build, December delivery.

thougth pts was feb only?
damn i just missed then. i think nov build ugh...
i really dont understand german. they make very little sense yet design good cars.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:56 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Fashion grey PTS. Nov build. Mooty, it appears random to me.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:19 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ryan. Not many PTS around here. I know of none delivered to UK and have only seen two delivered so far in Europe. Allans Mexico Blue is the only one Ive yet heard about in the usa. <3 & CONKILLR North American ones I recall on this board with maybe one other and yourself. I tried and failed. Looks like they will be very thin on the ground for this generation GT3....
Old 08-24-2014, 05:29 AM
KEEPUP
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Conkilr... I thought PTS extended build time 30-60 days?? That's according to my SA at the dealership when I put in my order for Maritime PTS.. I have a sep build and without PTS delivery is Dec... With PTS jan-February delivery... Can anyone confirm extended build time for PTS?
Old 08-24-2014, 06:21 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

One guy did that amarath red
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...car-owner.html
Old 08-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

OG. True but its not PTS. Was a factory colour option on MY 2014 GT3 (now removed and replaced with Metallic White - so infact it will probably end up being a very rare colour on GT3).
Old 08-24-2014, 07:00 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by <3mph
Fashion grey PTS. Nov build. Mooty, it appears random to me.
damn..that was my choice...until i went RS

pictures pls....lots of... when it arrives...
Old 08-24-2014, 07:26 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 709 Likes on 336 Posts

Riviera blue, black headlights and wheels. Ceramics.
Attached Images  
Old 08-24-2014, 01:09 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My delivery matches yours. Dealer lot Nov 7.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:29 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bill_C4S
damn..that was my choice...until i went RS

pictures pls....lots of... when it arrives...
Happy to oblige! It'll be a bit of a wait though...
Old 08-24-2014, 02:55 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by KEEPUP
Conkilr... I thought PTS extended build time 30-60 days?? That's according to my SA at the dealership when I put in my order for Maritime PTS.. I have a sep build and without PTS delivery is Dec... With PTS jan-February delivery... Can anyone confirm extended build time for PTS?
Good luck with the Maritime Blue PTS! Will be spectacular!
I get the feeling there is some delay incurred to ensure all the parts are available for just in time production (presumably all the smaller/outsourced parts that must be painted to match). The run through the factory is undoubtedly the same once all the parts and paint for the paintshop are scheduled and have finally arrived. This is the process for already approved PTS colours (i.e. someone has already done PTS for another model of 991 911 in that colour). And I suspect this is why my car is only being produced in Nov and arriving in Feb (I would have thought I might have an earlier Sept/Oct build this go around, seeing as I was originally an early cat C (March) build the first time).
For non-approved colours, there is an even bigger ordeal to ensure the colour first passes a variety of tests (fade, etc) and is then approved, which I understand can take several months. I do not know of any such approved PTS for this GT3, although Blutorange/Tangerine was reportedly attempted and failed (claimed fade issue, although possibly also due to this colour being reserved for the 991 RS). Eduardo (Z356) on this forum has earlier warned people about attempting this option for this GT3, for fear of missing the PTS window. To try do so now would be very ill-advised.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Then one day, the Almighty said 'Let there be 'PTS Green', be fruitful and multiply!'

Originally Posted by <3mph
Good luck with the Maritime Blue PTS! Will be spectacular!
I get the feeling there is some delay incurred to ensure all the parts are available for just in time production (presumably all the smaller/outsourced parts that must be painted to match). The run through the factory is undoubtedly the same once all the parts and paint for the paintshop are scheduled and have finally arrived. This is the process for already approved PTS colours (i.e. someone has already done PTS for another model of 991 911 in that colour). And I suspect this is why my car is only being produced in Nov and arriving in Feb (I would have thought I might have an earlier Sept/Oct build this go around, seeing as I was originally an early cat C (March) build the first time).
For non-approved colours, there is an even bigger ordeal to ensure the colour first passes a variety of tests (fade, etc) and is then approved, which I understand can take several months. I do not know of any such approved PTS for this GT3, although Blutorange/Tangerine was reportedly attempted and failed (claimed fade issue, although possibly also due to this colour being reserved for the 991 RS). Eduardo (Z356) on this forum has earlier warned people about attempting this option for this GT3, for fear of missing the PTS window. To try do so now would be very ill-advised.
Right on, brother Daniel!

By the way, in case anyone is interested, here are few photos of the two 'green' MY2014 991 gt3's that we have already seen driving around in Germany and Austria! The latter is presumed to be 'Viper Green'...or 'Signal Green'. And the one in Germany seems to be ''Lichtgrün/Birch Green'. We need confirmation of actual color on both. But in any case, the two are truly stunning!

Here is another recent thread on this interesting PTS topic:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...t3-colors.html

And at the very bottom of this post, below the photos, you will find an attached list with the latest approved PTS colors - dated July 22nd, 2014!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Portland, OR

Attached Images     
Attached Images

Quick Reply: Paint to Sample GT3's (Who all ordered one and what color)