Sponsored by:

My build, anything missing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
-I see you got the carbon fiber sills but not the interior. If you opt for the sills you should consider sticking with it thru out
-I would get the extended dashboard in leather and swap out for the backrests

Just my $.02
I agree 100%
Old 08-22-2014, 12:01 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

With the red belts, why not go for the red stitching? It really makes the interior pop. I'd rather have that than carbon door sills you won't even see while driving.

But I guess that's why they have so many options - so you can get what you like, not what others like. (and so they can siphon off as much of your cash as they can)
Old 08-22-2014, 12:08 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bills742
Thanks for everyone's opinions!

As far as CF door sill not matching the interior, I'm not a huge fan of the weave (I believe it's 1x1) in Porsches which is why I was skipping it on the interior. My concern with the illuminated door sill in stainless steel is that it won't match the anthracite interior trim. Unless the door sill is also anthracite if you spec the interior trim that way? I thought the CF would add least match the anthracite better.

Sport chrono - If it was $400 I would be all over it because I like the aesthetics on the dash. Now at $1850, are the aesthetics worth it considering there's better aftermarket timing devices? Does the illumination look nice at night?

Extended leather on dash and anthracite seat belt outlet - You guys have convinced me to get them.

This build is getting crazy expensive! I plan on keeping the car 6+ years so maybe I should just go all out and get all of the above!

I went with GT silver after seeing it on a turbo s. It looked great, like someone poured beautiful liquid metal all over the car. I'm hoping to see one later today on a gt3 in Philly. I liked agate initially but wasn't crazy about it in the sunlight. White is white and it looks great too, but I wanted to be a little different than the >80% of the white gt3's out there!

Fibredog, thanks for warning me about delays after changing specs. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.
It becomes brain damage after a while. If you don't change a thing it will be beautiful.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:17 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

The reason I say do not waste the money on the leather seat backs is you are getting GT Silver. The back of the seats are painted a charcoal silver, if I recall. That already compliments the exterior color of your car from any one looking thru your rear window or when you pull your front seat forward - Just some thing to think about

I like the sport chrono even at the inflated price. I think it completes the dash and it does illuminate at night which I like.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Thanks for everyone's opinions!.....
I went with GT silver after seeing it on a turbo s. It looked great, like someone poured beautiful liquid metal all over the car. I'm hoping to see one later today on a gt3 in Philly. I liked agate initially but wasn't crazy about it in the sunlight. White is white and it looks great too, but I wanted to be a little different than the >80% of the white gt3's out there!
My feelings about GT Silver exactly! I've seen it on a turbo but not on a GT3. Would it be too much of an imposition to ask you to take a few pics of the car when you see it today? Your impressions about it would be useful to know. I'm pretty sure my order is now locked with GT Silver selected but I'm just curious.
Thanks.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:43 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,401 Likes on 726 Posts

I have seen the GT3 in GT Silver and up close. That and a yellow one were some of the first cars to hit the US and were at my Dealer and I spent much time looking at them. If you like GT Silver you will be far from disappointed. It looks very good. I love GT Silver but not for the GT3. I just think it is a very conservative color for such a 'loud" car. But - it does look even better on the GT3 than the Turbo but it all is how loud you want to be.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:34 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I prioritize my interior options by first choosing the ones that I can see from the driver's seat, which is what I see 98% of the time while driving. Anything that I can't see from the driver's seat is a low priority - like seatbacks, door sills, and seatbelt outlets. The leather steering column is a tough one because I can just barely see it while driving (so I'm getting it).

Likewise, I don't care how my headlights or taillights look at night. The only time that I might see them lit is when someone else is driving my car at night. In which case, the car has probably been stolen.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:40 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
I prioritize my interior options by first choosing the ones that I can see from the driver's seat, which is what I see 98% of the time while driving. Anything that I can't see from the driver's seat is a low priority - like seatbacks, door sills, and seatbelt outlets. The leather steering column is a tough one because I can just barely see it while driving (so I'm getting it).

Likewise, I don't care how my headlights or taillights look at night. The only time that I might see them lit is when someone else is driving my car at night. In which case, the car has probably been stolen.

Actually I like your logic makes sense. I too did order the leather colum I think it looks cool!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 PM
bills742
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
With the red belts, why not go for the red stitching? It really makes the interior pop.
Thought about red stitching and actually think the silver stitching against black interior pops more. I'm trying to match the belts with the calipers and the stitching to the body.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The reason I say do not waste the money on the leather seat backs is you are getting GT Silver. The back of the seats are painted a charcoal silver, if I recall. That already compliments the exterior color of your car from any one looking thru your rear window or when you pull your front seat forward - Just some thing to think about

I like the sport chrono even at the inflated price. I think it completes the dash and it does illuminate at night which I like.
Thanks for the heads up Jimmy-D. Saw the plain seat backs with GT silver today and it's a close match but not close enough! Going with the leather. How much does chromo illuminate at night? Just the digital portion or the whole thing? Do you or anyone have a picture of it illuminated?

Originally Posted by Jon70
Anyone have a photo of the alcantara seatbelt covers besides the computer generated version on the configurator?
+1

Originally Posted by TrackFan
Save yourself some sleepless nights thinking about. Just check every option box.

It's only money.
I might end up doing that, no regrets right!

Originally Posted by Haku
My feelings about GT Silver exactly! I've seen it on a turbo but not on a GT3. Would it be too much of an imposition to ask you to take a few pics of the car when you see it today? Your impressions about it would be useful to know. I'm pretty sure my order is now locked with GT Silver selected but I'm just curious.
Thanks.
GT silver I've noticed is very dependent on ambient light. I think it looks best at dusk or in a dimly light area. Very elegant, yet sporty. It's pretty bright in sunlight. To be honest, I think white is the best color and it really makes the car stand out. That's another reason for me going silver, I don't want it to stand out as much (I know it still will, but hoping much less in silver). I also want to have something different than the most common color. Another thought for me against white is I plan on clear bra'ing the front half and have seen that there is a slight color differentiation between bra and non-bra on white. Would consider no bra or bra on whole car in that scenario. White is the easiest to care for though.

GT silver for your viewing pleasure! Originals can be found here (along with GR photos): https://www.flickr.com/photos/932803...7640196908023/

Old 08-22-2014, 11:29 PM
spooky
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT Silver is amazing colour thanks for photos. I was originally Rhodium but swapped slight doubt for no doubt with GT Silver with Nov '15 eta

I've gone chrono inc track app. Although big increase in price for factory installed I think it is decent value and will be desirable especially on CS gt3.
Data acquired by a special control unit fitted in your car...Live display for logging and displaying your lap and sector times. Real-time deviation from the defined reference lap, ghost car function, oversteer/understeer, wheel slip and automated triggering of laps and sectors by GPS...Video recording and video analysis with superimposed driving data (e. g. rpm, gear, speed)...speed curve, plotting of detailed driving data (e. g. steering angle, brake pressure, lateral and longitudinal acceleration...

Other than the pcm & lift I thought along with drivers eye view and went for leather. CS & buckets.

I have gone for the interior paint GT Silver. This is my least conviction option and would love to see photo if anyone has one?
Thinking it should look really good flipping the silver with black bits outside to black with silver bits on inside. Please reassure me
Old 08-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

GT silver I've noticed is very dependent on ambient light. I think it looks best at dusk or in a dimly light area. Very elegant, yet sporty. It's pretty bright in sunlight. To be honest, I think white is the best color and it really makes the car stand out. That's another reason for me going silver, I don't want it to stand out as much (I know it still will, but hoping much less in silver). I also want to have something different than the most common color. Another thought for me against white is I plan on clear bra'ing the front half and have seen that there is a slight color differentiation between bra and non-bra on white. Would consider no bra or bra on whole car in that scenario. White is the easiest to care for though.

GT silver for your viewing pleasure! Originals can be found here (along with GR photos): https://www.flickr.com/photos/932803...7640196908023/
bills, thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post those glorious pictures. The color and your explanation of it being striking and yet somewhat understated is exactly what I'm wanting. A sheep in wolf's clothing! GT Silver looks stunning and I'm happy I've selected it over the colder rhodium. GT Silver is also going to hide dust better than most other colors. I agree that white looks great but I have to admit that after someone pointed out the color difference between the body and the bumper I'm noticing it more on every white GT3 I came across.

I'm so glad I chose GT Silver!
Thank again for your posts.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:03 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Haku.

My first in person GT Silver at the Los Angeles auto show.

Love at first sight. No filters. Just my iPhone5.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:06 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Oh yea,

I'd order the carbon fiber interior package. I HATE the reflection of the sun at high noon off the aluminum around the shifter on the center console. It can get so wicked I drape a shirt or microfiber over it so it doesn't blind me. Just a little thing but I thought i'd chime in.

Quick Reply: My build, anything missing?