Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barber, a White GT3, and musings - Pic Warning

Old 08-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts
Default Barber, a White GT3, and musings - Pic Warning

Just some musing about the GT3 and a light hearted pictures thread (too many serious ones of late )

I joined a friend at Barber yesterday. White and PCCB's! All I can say is that I was stunned at the performance of the car. I was taken around for a few laps and I was gobsmacked! This car performs amazingly anyway but in the hands of an expert it is astounding and defies the laws of physics!

To everyone who has one, you are all very very lucky people! I know there have been troubles and anguish getting the car but enjoy it now for you have got yourselves a gem of a car!

To those who have one coming.... my oh my are you in for a glorious surprise!!! A grin that will be wider than the Jokers (a la Batman) will be just the start of what awaits you! It is with patience and anticipation that I wait for mine to arrive in a couple of months.

At the risk of being mushy, we are all very fortunate to be able to have one of these cars!
Attached Images           
Old 08-19-2014, 12:18 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Sweet. I have to agree with you on everything you said. This car is a riot.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:39 AM
KEEPUP
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a tough wait(Dec delivery) and now I log on here and you got me excited!
Old 08-19-2014, 12:41 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Sweet. I have to agree with you on everything you said. This car is a riot.
+1!!!
Old 08-19-2014, 11:25 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

The optimist in me says those tires don't look too distressed and the shoulders seem to be okay, the rotors look a bit scruffy, but at least the cross holes are choked full of pad material, so they're not working too hard.

Barber is a beautiful, almost manicured garden of a racetrack. The owner really is fastidious about repairs and maintenance. If your friend has any video of a lap, it would great to see and compare to previous generations of GT3 and RS. Hopefully somebody is going to start publishing actual data this season. : )
Old 08-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
If your friend has any video of a lap, it would great to see and compare to previous generations of GT3 and RS. Hopefully somebody is going to start publishing actual data this season. : )
Uh, what are you waiting for?
Old 08-19-2014, 09:39 PM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 367 Likes on 171 Posts

Love this pic. The hot rubber scuff marks say it all. GT3 being used properly.
Attached Images  
Old 08-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
The optimist in me says those tires don't look too distressed and the shoulders seem to be okay, the rotors look a bit scruffy, but at least the cross holes are choked full of pad material, so they're not working too hard.

Barber is a beautiful, almost manicured garden of a racetrack. The owner really is fastidious about repairs and maintenance. If your friend has any video of a lap, it would great to see and compare to previous generations of GT3 and RS. Hopefully somebody is going to start publishing actual data this season. : )
C GT, the pics were taken at the start of the 2nd day of the event so the tires were still relatively fresh. It was the first time the car had been taken to a track. I was surprised at how hard wearing the platinum wheels held up. No damage or pock marks etc.

I'll def post a link to the video of a lap once I get it.

You are so correct about Barber. The track and it's surroundings were beautifully maintained, not once scrap of litter anywhere. Everything was manicured and the facilities are fantastic. Quite a place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Barber, a White GT3, and musings - Pic Warning