Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Options

Old 08-15-2014, 03:47 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Options

Several people have their cars now. Any options besides the cosmetic ones you wish you had or hadn't gotten?
Old 08-15-2014, 04:05 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 48 Posts

Really glad I did not get the Sirius satellite radio, I just don't like the wart they put on the roof for reception. Without it much cleaner lines. I keep thinking the fire extinguisher would have been a nice option but since there are options out there to mount to the passenger seat, probably for the best. I keep thinking about adding the carbon fiber dash and console kit but that's cosmetic. I love the PCCBs just love them with the PDK and left foot braking but we shall see how they hold up for track use. I bit of an experiment and I have a feeling I will be swapping them out for steel, only time will tell.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:16 PM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Wish I had got the PCCBs and digital radio. Very glad I got the lifter and sat nav and (heaven forfend) cruise control and auto wipers! It's a road trip car you see. Just drove it 1,000km from London to south of france

Sent from my mobile using Rennlist
Old 08-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

I would of done PTS
Old 08-15-2014, 08:09 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Don't need CD player especially if you have Sirius (I like the little *** gives the car a dynamic look)and the regular brakes are phenomenal. The jury is still out on the lifter. I driven mine almost a 100 miles over speed bumps, several driveways and road imperfections. I had one minor scrape which is not noticeable on the splitter. My standard four way seat is perfect. Once set never have to touch it again.

My loaner has stop/start feature and I assumed that was standard. My GT3 doesn't have the feature.

Oh, by all means get the full leather dash with the timer. Appearance wise, night and day over a standard dash.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:45 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Honestly, no regrets. Love the PCCB's, love the lift, after getting over the annoyance of the sport buckets not being available, the 18 way seats work better than I expected holding me in place. The extended leather on top of the dash would have been nice, but even today if Porsche offered to do the dash for the $1720 option asking price, I'd pass.

Last edited by Mike in CA; 08-15-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:53 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul Graville
Wish I had got the PCCBs and digital radio. Very glad I got the lifter and sat nav and (heaven forfend) cruise control and auto wipers! It's a road trip car you see. Just drove it 1,000km from London to south of france

why HD radio?
just got back from the dealer and trying to finalize my order.
I opted for the internet option for AHA and Slacker radio.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:56 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nick
Don't need CD player especially if you have Sirius (I like the little *** gives the car a dynamic look)and the regular brakes are phenomenal. The jury is still out on the lifter. I driven mine almost a 100 miles over speed bumps, several driveways and road imperfections. I had one minor scrape which is not noticeable on the splitter. My standard four way seat is perfect. Once set never have to touch it again.

My loaner has stop/start feature and I assumed that was standard. My GT3 doesn't have the feature.

Oh, by all means get the full leather dash with the timer. Appearance wise, night and day over a standard dash.
Nick, does the car move the seats back and the wheel in when you open the door to get in/out?
Does the GT3 with the 18 way seats even offer this?
Again, trying to finalize my order and I opted for the 18 ways but if the 4 way is sufficient I will go with that.
I do have back issues sometimes and like to make the side bolsters tight at the track so maybe the 18 way? ugh...

Last edited by kfmcmahon; 08-15-2014 at 09:46 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:26 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Nick, doe stye car move the seats back and the wheel in when you open the door to get in/out?
Again, trying to finalize my order and I opted for the 18 ways but if the 4 way is sufficient I will go with that.
I do have back issues sometimes and like to make the side bolsters tight at the track so maybe the 18 way? ugh...
Not even the 18 way seats in the GT3 move when you open the door. If you can achieve a comfortable seating position with the 4 ways, there is no critical reason to get the heavier and pricey 18 ways. OTOH, being tall, I really appreciate the ability to adjust the length of the thigh cushion on the 18 ways as well as being able to change the rake and height of the seat bottom independently, unlike the 4 ways which adjust both simultaneously. Also the adjustable side bolsters did a surprisingly good job of holding me in place without a harness at my first autox with the car, so the 18 way seats do offer utility for the price, at least for me.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:48 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Not even the 18 way seats in the GT3 move when you open the door. If you can achieve a comfortable seating position with the 4 ways, there is no critical reason to get the heavier and pricey 18 ways. OTOH, being tall, I really appreciate the ability to adjust the length of the thigh cushion on the 18 ways as well as being able to change the rake and height of the seat bottom independently, unlike the 4 ways which adjust both simultaneously. Also the adjustable side bolsters did a surprisingly good job of holding me in place without a harness at my first autox with the car, so the 18 way seats do offer utility for the price, at least for me.
I'm 6'1" so not too tall, but I sat in a 4s cab today which had 8 way adjustments (?), but the adjustable length of the thigh cushion did help.
I really thought the sport buckets would be available for 2015
Old 08-15-2014, 11:05 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

Thanks guys I had 4 ways in my C2S and 18 way in my turbo. I am ordering the 4 ways in my GT3. I haven't heard anything so far to make me change my build.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:18 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nick, does the car move the seats back and the wheel in when you open the door to get in/out?
You may consider waiting for sports seats. I am sure they will be available by the fall. But don't know if they will be better or worse for your back. Surely more rigid, and not powered, or ability to move back of seat, but can be padded more with an aftermarket product.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:18 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

I'm 6'1" so not too tall, but I sat in a 4s cab today which had 8 way adjustments (?), but the adjustable length of the thigh cushion did help.
I really thought the sport buckets would be available for 2015
I also expected the sport buckets by now, but my guess is that we won't see them for the rest of the models until after they debut in the RS.

Porsche keeps changing things so I may not be up to date but I thought that the only current seat options across the model lines were a 4 way power sport seat, a 14 way power sports seat, a 4 way power sport seat plus (standard in the GT3) and the 18 way adaptive sport seat plus (optional in GT3). I didn't think they currently offered an 8 way power seat, and of course no manual bucket in NA.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:51 PM
Canspeed
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the front end lift, I use regularly, it's very low
Old 08-16-2014, 04:06 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

why HD radio? just got back from the dealer and trying to finalize my order. I opted for the internet option for AHA and Slacker radio.
In UK you get option of DAB radio. I didn't do it so I just got AM/FM as standard. Apparently they're turning FM off in UK soon. So I won't have any radio and traffic announcements won't work. All to save £324!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Options