Sponsored by:

Options

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 06:29 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Not even the 18 way seats in the GT3 move when you open the door. If you can achieve a comfortable seating position with the 4 ways, there is no critical reason to get the heavier and pricey 18 ways. OTOH, being tall, I really appreciate the ability to adjust the length of the thigh cushion on the 18 ways as well as being able to change the rake and height of the seat bottom independently, unlike the 4 ways which adjust both simultaneously. Also the adjustable side bolsters did a surprisingly good job of holding me in place without a harness at my first autox with the car, so the 18 way seats do offer utility for the price, at least for me.
Hi Mike
FYI...The 18 way seats in the GT3 do move when you open the door, but it is a little tricky to set up as the comfort entry option is only available through the PCM "car menu" at central NAV screen, but not through the setting menu found in your gauges that is accessed through the steering wheel stalk. Just wanted to clarify this, as most GT3 owners are not aware of it. Mark
Old 08-16-2014, 06:34 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Nick, does the car move the seats back and the wheel in when you open the door to get in/out?
Does the GT3 with the 18 way seats even offer this?...
Yes the 18 way seats option does allow the seats to move back when you open the door, but not the steering wheel. Mark
Old 08-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Hi Mike
FYI...The 18 way seats in the GT3 do move when you open the door, but it is a little tricky to set up as the comfort entry option is only available through the PCM "car menu" at central NAV screen, but not through the setting menu found in your gauges that is accessed through the steering wheel stalk. Just wanted to clarify this, as most GT3 owners are not aware of it. Mark
Hi Mark, well I learn something new every day; I wasn't aware of that. I actually can't think of any reason why I'd want the seat to move every time the door is opened given that my normal seating position is all the way back but I suppose it might help for shorter legged drivers. It seems odd that with no memory functions the seat would know where to return after it had moved for entry but I certainly believe you and will now check it out just to see how it works, even if I won't use it. Thanks for the correction and the info.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:15 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

No Sport seat option yet. I just configured mine. I had those in my RS. My car will live on street. I would rather not have the sport seats.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Gravs
Three Wheelin'

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Have been using the recline feature of the standard seats while grabbing 40 winks on road trips. If it weren't for that I would have got the buckets.

Sent from my mobile using Rennlist
Old 08-16-2014, 12:31 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

I also expected the sport buckets by now, but my guess is that we won't see them for the rest of the models until after they debut in the RS.

Porsche keeps changing things so I may not be up to date but I thought that the only current seat options across the model lines were a 4 way power sport seat, a 14 way power sports seat, a 4 way power sport seat plus (standard in the GT3) and the 18 way adaptive sport seat plus (optional in GT3). I didn't think they currently offered an 8 way power seat, and of course no manual bucket in NA.
^^yeah the "8 way" (only had 4 buttons) was in a "regular" 991 cab they had in the showroom
actually I just went on the configurator for cabriolet--it is 14 way not 8 ...my bad
Old 08-16-2014, 12:48 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Yes the 18 way seats option does allow the seats to move back when you open the door
It seems odd that with no memory functions the seat would know where to return after it had moved for entry
This seems to suggest that at least some memory functionality is present in the seat, but that without the hardwired buttons it is not directly accessible to drivers. Does anyone know from past generations or the current one if that is the case and how/where the memory functions are set up in the seat and car? If so, maybe there is a some way to rig a switch to the seat that activates this memory function (even if for only one memory position). Maybe the entire memory functionality is even present but not active?? Anyway, glad to hear they're refunding the cost to customers who ordered them.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Nick, does the car move the seats back and the wheel in when you open the door to get in/out?
Does the GT3 with the 18 way seats even offer this?
Again, trying to finalize my order and I opted for the 18 ways but if the 4 way is sufficient I will go with that.
I do have back issues sometimes and like to make the side bolsters tight at the track so maybe the 18 way? ugh...
The GT3 seats are deep and sit low. if you have trouble getting in and out of the car with bucket seats, you may want to consider the 18 way with memory. This way you can power them back when existing and engaging the memory switch when entering.
Old 08-16-2014, 01:30 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
The GT3 seats are deep and sit low. if you have trouble getting in and out of the car with bucket seats, you may want to consider the 18 way with memory. This way you can power them back when existing and engaging the memory switch when entering.
Except, there is no memory switch.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Except, there is no memory switch.
I assume Porsche will correct this with the new manufactured cars.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:45 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I assume Porsche will correct this with the new manufactured cars.
I think they just removed the memory feature on the configurator so no memory seats for the GT3 Apparently Clocked has enlightened Porsche of the issue. Apparently they will be crediting those of us that ordered the optional 18 way seats with memory function.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:00 PM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Mark, well I learn something new every day; I wasn't aware of that. I actually can't think of any reason why I'd want the seat to move every time the door is opened given that my normal seating position is all the way back but I suppose it might help for shorter legged drivers.
In addition to the seat moving, the steering wheel also raises and retracts, making entry and exit a little easier when the Comfort Entry setting is activated in the PCM.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:16 PM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

So this means the '14 owners and owners to be can expect $2635 back for the 18way seats? That's great. I was pissed when I heard it wasn't there and I paid for it... My wife is 15"shorter then me and the memory would be handy
Old 08-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by ColoradoCayenne
In addition to the seat moving, the steering wheel also raises and retracts, making entry and exit a little easier when the Comfort Entry setting is activated in the PCM.
That's true in other Porsches like my Cayenne S which has power operated steering adjustment. On the GT3, however, the steering wheel adjustment is manual, so I'm sure that the wheel won't move when the seat does.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:19 PM
ColoradoCayenne
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

That's true in other Porsches like my Cayenne S which has power operated steering adjustment. On the GT3, however, the steering wheel adjustment is manual, so I'm sure that the wheel won't move when the seat does.
I'll bet you are right.

Quick Reply: Options