Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 RS - the waiting begins

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 06:37 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I don't think all the 918's are sold yet.
Just buy one and quit worrying about getting subsequent models!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:10 PM
CJMB
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I called and put my name down at another dealership. 4th spot (maybe 3rd since one guy may be dropping and buying a turbo instead) instead of 8th at my local dealer. Keeping both and hopefully one of the dealers will have a car for me. Fingers crossed!!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:23 PM
wantone
Intermediate

Here's a tip from one of my trusted sales reps. It doesn't matter if you're 4th or 8th in line. Dealerships are here to make money so if the first 3 guys ahead of you want a stripped out, base GT3RS and you come in and order PCCB, Hydraulic lift, Nav, Burmeister, etc. The dealer will build yours first and you'll be cutting everyone in line. Of course if guy #1 options their car to the gills then you'll have to wait with your base car. Since there are no VINs given when an order is placed, dealers can do whatever.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:27 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wantone
Here's a tip from one of my trusted sales reps. It doesn't matter if you're 4th or 8th in line. Dealerships are here to make money so if the first 3 guys ahead of you want a stripped out, base GT3RS and you come in and order PCCB, Hydraulic lift, Nav, Burmeister, etc. The dealer will build yours first and you'll be cutting everyone in line. Of course if guy #1 options their car to the gills then you'll have to wait with your base car. Since there are no VINs given when an order is placed, dealers can do whatever.
If this is true, you can always option out a car, then after you get your commission #, remove all the expensive option.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:37 PM
918man
Racer

Originally Posted by Fowwiee
If this is true, you can always option out a car, then after you get your commission #, remove all the expensive option.

My point was if only 300 are made for the US and all of the 918 customers want one then there are none available. Simple math.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:41 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 918man
My point was if only 300 are made for the US and all of the 918 customers want one then there are none available. Simple math.
If PAG allocates 300 RS cars to the US and all 918 owners, say 300, order RS cars, PAG will send 600 cars. I'm not trying to argue, just re-stating what has been confirmed by my GM and many other trustworthy sources.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:04 PM
aamersa
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked with my dealer in Dubai. They are not taking any deposits for the RS at least until the car has been launched. They have a couple of 2014 Gt3's in stock (white ones)(presumably from cancelled orders). Ordering a 2015 Gt3 is currently very viable for any one interested. I am waiting for full details and pricing on the RS before deciding whether to order a normal gt3 or an RS.
Old 08-12-2014, 08:40 PM
918man
Racer

[QUOTE=SamFromTX;11571978]If PAG allocates 300 RS cars to the US and all 918 owners, say 300, order RS cars, PAG will send 600 cars. I'm not trying to argue, just re-stating what has been confirmed by my GM and many other trustworthy

Ok. I hope you are correct
Old 08-12-2014, 08:47 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I was not even on any GT3 list. Walked in and spec'd my GT3. My name is on the bottom of the RS list behind 30 other names but I will get one based on # of cars purchased from this dealership. I was assured of that. The question is do I want one? Personally the RS does not fit my lifestyle and I am not a track person but lets see the spec and the price 1st. Undecided.
Old 08-12-2014, 09:08 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Anybody try to bribe a dealer?
Old 08-12-2014, 09:14 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

You can probably have my automatic GTR killer as soon as I bring it home from ED properly broken in.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:23 PM
RossL
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wantone
That's not true at all. Dealers are in business to make money but they also drive business through their reputation. You put down a deposit for a spot number upfront for a reason and it would be very easy to find out if a dealer did this. Rennlist and other enthusiast forums blow up over dealerships charging a premium, just imagine the PR nightmare a dealership would have over swapping allocation spots....

On a side note, is there anything legally binding when a dealer takes your money for position #x which they tell you when you leave a deposit?
Old 08-12-2014, 10:39 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

My dealer says the 918 guys will get most of them. He says there will only be about 50 cars left for the US. Who knows.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:39 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RossL
On a side note, is there anything legally binding when a dealer takes your money for position #x which they tell you when you leave a deposit?
Doubt it and changing positions on the list is not uncommon but not for how much options you put on the car as much as who is on the list. If I walk into a dealership I never did business with before, I wouldn't be surprised if I get bumped. On the other hand, if I go to a dealership with whom I have done a lot of business before, I wouldn't be surprised if I get before others. That is why most dealerships, especially if they don't know you well, will not tell you where exactly on the list you are, citing many silly excuses.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:02 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Dealers will tell you that unreleased "rare" cars (such as GT cars) are going to be impossible to come by, so they can sell you something tangible now. Then when the rare care is released, you can miraculously buy one.

It's all chatter until the car actually comes out and/or you actually give some money to the dealer (in which case, you hope they are ethical enough to come through for you). No one knows how many cars will be built, what it will cost, how many a dealer will get, etc. And most importantly, no one has any idea how it will sell. If it's hard to move and there are a lot of them, it will be easy to get. If they are in fact very scarce, highly desirable, and priced within reason, then it may be difficult.

Quick Reply: GT3 RS - the waiting begins