Sponsored by:

***Racing Yellow***

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 01:26 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***Racing Yellow***

Just locked in my order for Oct production. While this is not among the most popular choices, I decided I am going for something different in a yellow and black combination. So black wheels and GT3 stickers on the doors and back quarter.

Any owners of racing yellow want to post some pictures?
Old 08-12-2014, 10:11 AM
ARSGT3
Instructor

Nice, Racing Yellow is beautiful in person. Did you go with black wheels and headlights?
Old 08-12-2014, 12:12 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Racing Yellow w/Black Wheels Pic

This is not mine, but one that was getting ready for pickup at the dealer when I swung by.

Old 08-12-2014, 12:29 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Racing yellow is nice, but the car in that pick looks like. Potential PTS fly yellow, or either the pic has been edited.

Definitely go with black headlights... And maybe get your brake calipers painted either matching yellow or black after you take delivery.
Old 08-12-2014, 12:40 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Racing yellow is nice, but the car in that pick looks like. Potential PTS fly yellow, or either the pic has been edited.
I took this photo at the dealer with my iPhone, no editing done and it was definitely Racing Yellow. It was on the window sticker.

I recall this is pretty much what it looked like in person. It was a very sunny day.

Tom
Old 08-12-2014, 02:30 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by fibredog
I took this photo at the dealer with my iPhone, no editing done and it was definitely Racing Yellow. It was on the window sticker.

I recall this is pretty much what it looked like in person. It was a very sunny day.

Tom
I think that is the same car that sat there for months because of the stop sale. When I saw it there was a lot of dust on it from sitting. Hopefully the engine was replaced by now and delivered to the owner. When I talked with the salesman he said it came it at about the same time the stop sale was ordered and they didn't get to deliver it.

But I will say that the yellow did look good in person, just a little too much pop for me to drive around in though.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:02 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Originally Posted by ARSGT3
Nice, Racing Yellow is beautiful in person. Did you go with black wheels and headlights?
Originally Posted by CAlexio

Definitely go with black headlights... And maybe get your brake calipers painted either matching yellow or black after you take delivery.
I am going for black wheels and PCCB w matching callipers. Will also be adding some black stickers to it.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:03 AM
sebearstian
Instructor

Thank you for sharing the picture, it is beautiful!

Originally Posted by fibredog
This is not mine, but one that was getting ready for pickup at the dealer when I swung by.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:10 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,787 Likes on 4,776 Posts

It's going to be beautiful, esp. with the matching PCCB.

Congrats.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

That is racing yellow and I love it. Depending on the lighting the it can some times cast a different contrast. I just did not have it in me to pull the trigger but I love it with the black wheels and make sure you tint the windows. The yellow calipers would certainly ideal but I would not bother changing them if that is how it was bought second dibs
Old 08-13-2014, 04:19 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Maybe I need to reconsider, I thought racing yellow was more of a washed out color, looks perfect here. Definitely needs pccb eh?.. Even if pccb yellow isn't the same
Old 08-13-2014, 05:26 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^It has that sort of look but the lighting changes its tone. When I first saw one live next to a GT Silver GT3 my eyes kept on flirting with the racing yellow and it just continues to grow on you as you see it
Old 08-13-2014, 12:13 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mwar99
I think that is the same car that sat there for months because of the stop sale. When I saw it there was a lot of dust on it from sitting. Hopefully the engine was replaced by now and delivered to the owner. When I talked with the salesman he said it came it at about the same time the stop sale was ordered and they didn't get to deliver it.

But I will say that the yellow did look good in person, just a little too much pop for me to drive around in though.
Yep, that's the car that was delivered to the dealer the week of the stop sale. The yellow with dark accents look amazing. I personally feel the $9k spent on PCCB's is a must with this color.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:55 AM
DaveChapin
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's some of my Racing Yellow... w/ three different kinds of lighting: bright sun, show room lights, and overcast. It looks good in them all I think, but man does it pop in the bright sun.
Attached Images     
Old 08-16-2014, 06:43 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveChapin
Here's some of my Racing Yellow... w/ three different kinds of lighting: bright sun, show room lights, and overcast. It looks good in them all I think, but man does it pop in the bright sun.
Were these pictures taken at sunset Porsche in Beaverton Oregon? I think I saw this car the day it was supposed to be delivered. Just curious. Mark

Quick Reply: ***Racing Yellow***