Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   ***Racing Yellow*** (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/828805-racing-yellow.html)

sebearstian 08-12-2014 01:26 AM

***Racing Yellow***

Just locked in my order for Oct production. While this is not among the most popular choices, I decided I am going for something different in a yellow and black combination. So black wheels and GT3 stickers on the doors and back quarter.

Any owners of racing yellow want to post some pictures?:rockon:

ARSGT3 08-12-2014 10:11 AM

Nice, Racing Yellow is beautiful in person. Did you go with black wheels and headlights?

fibredog 08-12-2014 12:12 PM

Racing Yellow w/Black Wheels Pic

This is not mine, but one that was getting ready for pickup at the dealer when I swung by.

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d73b5b2e13.jpg

CAlexio 08-12-2014 12:29 PM

Racing yellow is nice, but the car in that pick looks like. Potential PTS fly yellow, or either the pic has been edited.

Definitely go with black headlights... And maybe get your brake calipers painted either matching yellow or black after you take delivery.

fibredog 08-12-2014 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 11570912)
Racing yellow is nice, but the car in that pick looks like. Potential PTS fly yellow, or either the pic has been edited.

I took this photo at the dealer with my iPhone, no editing done and it was definitely Racing Yellow. It was on the window sticker.

I recall this is pretty much what it looked like in person. It was a very sunny day.

Tom

mwar99 08-12-2014 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by fibredog (Post 11570942)
I took this photo at the dealer with my iPhone, no editing done and it was definitely Racing Yellow. It was on the window sticker.

I recall this is pretty much what it looked like in person. It was a very sunny day.

Tom

I think that is the same car that sat there for months because of the stop sale. When I saw it there was a lot of dust on it from sitting. Hopefully the engine was replaced by now and delivered to the owner. When I talked with the salesman he said it came it at about the same time the stop sale was ordered and they didn't get to deliver it.

But I will say that the yellow did look good in person, just a little too much pop for me to drive around in though.

sebearstian 08-13-2014 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by ARSGT3 (Post 11570607)
Nice, Racing Yellow is beautiful in person. Did you go with black wheels and headlights?

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 11570912)

Definitely go with black headlights... And maybe get your brake calipers painted either matching yellow or black after you take delivery.

I am going for black wheels and PCCB w matching callipers. Will also be adding some black stickers to it.

sebearstian 08-13-2014 12:03 AM

Thank you for sharing the picture, it is beautiful!

Originally Posted by fibredog (Post 11570874)
This is not mine, but one that was getting ready for pickup at the dealer when I swung by.

ipse dixit 08-13-2014 12:10 AM

It's going to be beautiful, esp. with the matching PCCB.

Congrats. :thumbup:

Jimmy-D 08-13-2014 12:21 AM

That is racing yellow and I love it. Depending on the lighting the it can some times cast a different contrast. I just did not have it in me to pull the trigger but I love it with the black wheels and make sure you tint the windows. The yellow calipers would certainly ideal but I would not bother changing them if that is how it was bought second dibs

CAlexio 08-13-2014 04:19 AM

Maybe I need to reconsider, I thought racing yellow was more of a washed out color, looks perfect here. Definitely needs pccb eh?.. Even if pccb yellow isn't the same

Jimmy-D 08-13-2014 05:26 AM

^It has that sort of look but the lighting changes its tone. When I first saw one live next to a GT Silver GT3 my eyes kept on flirting with the racing yellow and it just continues to grow on you as you see it

fibredog 08-13-2014 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by mwar99 (Post 11571226)
I think that is the same car that sat there for months because of the stop sale. When I saw it there was a lot of dust on it from sitting. Hopefully the engine was replaced by now and delivered to the owner. When I talked with the salesman he said it came it at about the same time the stop sale was ordered and they didn't get to deliver it.

But I will say that the yellow did look good in person, just a little too much pop for me to drive around in though.

Yep, that's the car that was delivered to the dealer the week of the stop sale. The yellow with dark accents look amazing. I personally feel the $9k spent on PCCB's is a must with this color.

DaveChapin 08-16-2014 04:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here's some of my Racing Yellow... w/ three different kinds of lighting: bright sun, show room lights, and overcast. It looks good in them all I think, but man does it pop in the bright sun.

mqandil 08-16-2014 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by DaveChapin (Post 11579930)
Here's some of my Racing Yellow... w/ three different kinds of lighting: bright sun, show room lights, and overcast. It looks good in them all I think, but man does it pop in the bright sun.

Were these pictures taken at sunset Porsche in Beaverton Oregon? I think I saw this car the day it was supposed to be delivered. Just curious. Mark