Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Action Group - Next Steps

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 05:39 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Great job and I do think it's working Capt Mojo, especially with a great charity involved. I commend you and like how things are heading. I received 2 phone calls yesterday and prompt responses to my questions and I feel that was because of my involvement with the Group. Wish I could make it to Atlanta both professionally and personally, it would be great to see and hear from true professionals who wish to be treated with mutual respect. PCNA should take note.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Please if your in the area or can possibly spare the time get to Atlanta let's meet. Sunil is pretty selfless guy and his experience was worse than most. A lot of folks are still in this game because of Sunil and Maaca's actions me included. If you have never spoken directly to him I encourage you to make contact, he's a really easy guy and very likable. It'll take 24 hours at most for the majority of us so please try to attend. We are not going to pound fists and give Porsche hell. We are just a small group of auto elite voicing our opinions and concerns to a company that we feed millions to.

ATL
Old 08-19-2014, 06:24 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Clocked - your car is not damaged. You do not have to worry about that. I have done my share of waiting, as well. I think they are probably making sure that most of the port cars that were supposed to be delivered to Customers before yours' are done first. That is no excuse for them but this is my assumption
Agreed--if it was damaged, they must disclose that as a rule of law.

But I fully agree that the issue is more about transparency and providing answers to a simple question.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:24 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
If you have to ask, you're missing the point entirely. It's not about money but treating customers right. I gave $9,200 from my compensation to charity and, since I'm not a US customer, I don't get a penny from this. We're asking Porsche to match charitable donations if you're interested.

We're going to Atlanta to meet up with each other. We've invited Porsche as a courtesy to offer the Group's feedback. They can attend or not but it speaks volumes if they don't when we're on their doorstep.

Andrew Pine emailed me yesterday evening and I will reply to him later today.
I left a detailed voicemail for Mr. Pine today as he was out of the office in some full day meetings. Ian had a similar voice message, but both said they would be back in on Wednesday. I encouraged Andrew Pine to have a presence at the meeting with the group and engage in some helpful dialogue with an important segment of the PCNA market. As Pine is in charge of customer relations and CRM at PCNA, this would seem an excellent opportunity to engage his loyal clientele.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:31 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
mqandil: regarding the bluetooth issue do you recall the option you ordered but your car did not have bluetooth for the phone? I ordered option 619 Mobile Phone preparation. Want to know in advance if I will have the same issue as you have if I take this car. Thank you.
Hi clocked.... Sorry I missed this post last night. If you ordered option 619, you should be fine and should have no issue. In my case I did not order option 619 but was told the PCM comes standard with phone bluetooth, then shortly after ordering the car and after factory discovering they are not including it, they added a no cost option to just include the bluetooth, then this was later eliminated and now the pcm has the phone bluetooth included as a standard option. Confusing as hell. Regardless you should be ok. Mark
Old 08-19-2014, 09:45 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:15 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Please if your in the area or can possibly spare the time get to Atlanta let's meet. Sunil is pretty selfless guy and his experience was worse than most. A lot of folks are still in this game because of Sunil and Maaca's actions me included. If you have never spoken directly to him I encourage you to make contact, he's a really easy guy and very likable. It'll take 24 hours at most for the majority of us so please try to attend. We are not going to pound fists and give Porsche hell. We are just a small group of auto elite voicing our opinions and concerns to a company that we feed millions to.

ATL
Cyrek. Please let me know details for meeting,. I would like to attend. I just picked up my 2nd GT3 on Saturday after returning the 1st one in April. Thanks, Allan
Old 08-19-2014, 10:22 PM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alaint101
Talked to Andrew yesterday. I was a little surprised by the hesitation from anyone at PCNA to attend the meeting on Thursday. I told him this was would be a positive event; it's not a bitch session.

I also confirmed I've already paid for flights so I'm going and I was hoping someone would find time in the day to sit down with us. I even suggested they come during lunch break if their schedules are so busy.

The disappointment was the constant hesitation regarding busy schedules but, well, I'm not in their shoes.

I explained to him that when any of my customers call, I always welcome the opportunity to talk with them and that I'd be disappointed to find out they can't find some time. With a two week notice... See you guys there.

Cheers
Alain
I'm flying in tomorrow afternoon, completing a few meetings and then sooooo looking forward to our dinner meeting.

This action group epitomizes the collective of this forum and a GT3 owner's demographics. My nuclear knowledge of folks on this thread is simply that they're very successful and have their modest level of success in whatever vocation it is they pursue. I know one who in three years sold his 5 year old company for millions and capable of buying 10 LaFerrari's with cash and more money in reserve to service these exotics infinitely and he's barely 42.

This meeting has NEVER been about the money or any other pecuniary interest Porsche might proffer. It's about COMMUNICATION and NOT having the respect to be OPEN in their lines of communication to their loyal consumers.

There's no reason whatsoever Porsche shouldn't show.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:21 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
I'm flying in tomorrow afternoon, completing a few meetings and then sooooo looking forward to our dinner meeting.

This action group epitomizes the collective of this forum and a GT3 owner's demographics. My nuclear knowledge of folks on this thread is simply that they're very successful and have their modest level of success in whatever vocation it is they pursue. I know one who in three years sold his 5 year old company for millions and capable of buying 10 LaFerrari's with cash and more money in reserve to service these exotics infinitely and he's barely 42.

This meeting has NEVER been about the money or any other pecuniary interest Porsche might proffer. It's about COMMUNICATION and NOT having the respect to be OPEN in their lines of communication to their loyal consumers.

+1. Well said. Mark
Old 08-20-2014, 01:43 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Cyrek. Please let me know details for meeting,. I would like to attend. I just picked up my 2nd GT3 on Saturday after returning the 1st one in April. Thanks, Allan
Yes no problem I PM'ed you.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:22 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyrek
Yes no problem I PM'ed you.
Not Received, Please email to a1schuster@aol.com Thanks, Allan
Old 08-20-2014, 12:01 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq

+1
Very lame if PNA does not attend. Why wouldn't they? I know Andrew Pine was very interested to see what Porsche can do to take care of their customers ? Show up, listen to your customers and then report back to management. man o man if they don't attend the media will have a ball when the the news goes out: PNA did not show up to meet their loyal customers. I can see it right now. It will get worse for them.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:48 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
+1
Very lame if PNA does not attend. Why wouldn't they? I know Andrew Pine was very interested to see what Porsche can do to take care of their customers ? Show up, listen to your customers and then report back to management. man o man if they don't attend the media will have a ball when the the news goes out: PNA did not show up to meet their loyal customers. I can see it right now. It will get worse for them.
Silverrules, a few days ago I had a very pleasant and long chat with Sunil and can empathize with his personal issues and in particular with his dealings with his lame dealership in the UK. It is regrettable that initially he wasn't dealt with by Porsche UK in reasonable manner. Unfortunately he is also no longer a Porsche owner. So my comments are not to do with his personal undertakings which have of course been commendable.

I also empathize with those who have truly been negatively affected by the stop sale and do hope that each one will be satisfied by all the parties involved.

I have my personal views as to how Porsche AG and PCNA have handled the situation. Some things very well, some things not so. Maybe I'm entirely off the mark, but from a general perspective (not specific cases), PCNA have acted within the bounds of reasonable business practice. I know some may jump on me for stating what I just did but do compare their behavior with their peers in the automotive industry.

So on to my comment about PCNA attending the meeting. With all that has gone on and the very public indications by some to go legal with their issues, I just don't see how PCNA can attend a meeting. I would have thought just from a legal perspective they could be compromising themselves by attending. To add fuel to the fire, there is a possibility for the press to be invited by the organisers! I think many bridges may have been burnt and individual claims need to be dealt with privately. IMO, more can be accomplished that way now and would be a better way to benefit the Porsche community as a whole.

This may sound dumb of me to ask but I remain unclear about the purpose of a "general" (not specific issues) meeting with PCNA. Is it just to tell them what they did wrong?

I therefore will not be attending the meeting.

My flame suit is on and moderators feel free to ban me if you see this post as being inflammatory. It certainly is not intended to be that.

I wish all well.

Last edited by Haku; 08-20-2014 at 12:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-20-2014, 01:01 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Haku,your post is not inflammatory at all.
You certainly won't get banned for stating your opinion.
I am not taking any side because I'm not involved,but I can definitely offer my opinion regarding your post.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:04 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Haku: Just for the record, I still own a 997.2 GT3 and Cayenne with a letter of intent for the Cayman GT4. Furthermore I also hope to buy a Cayenne for my home in Chicago. I'm a longstanding Porsche customer and hope to remain one for the rest of my days. Additionally, the Group has actively helped prevent legal proceedings against dealers and Porsche itself. I've made it clear from the outset that the Group will play not part in that. Finally, Andrew Pine emailed me last night to say that at least one and hopefully two PCNA executives will meet with us tomorrow. Sorry to read that you won't make it.

Quick Reply: GT3 Action Group - Next Steps