Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 991 GT3 Modded! Roll Bar and Exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
do you plan to swap out the stock seats for racing buckets and 5/6 points?
I am waiting for the Club Sport seats from the euro car to start popping up and I will run them with 5/6pt Schroth harness. I haven't been able to find them yet and I like the stock look. I did Sparco's on my 997 gt3 and they just didn't look right because you couldn't match the color. I would do the harnesses now (I probably should if I track it before new seats), but I don't want to trash the stock seats from the belts rubbing on them, nor do I even know If 5/6 point would work with the seats because of how they are shaped.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:43 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Originally Posted by zedcat
Will be interested to see seats and harness set up. Will you need to cross the shoulder straps for the distance from the seats to the cross bars? Also hardware needed for lap belts and sub strap mount/ bar. Thanks for sharing.
Please refer to the pictures below.

There are 2 holes on each side for eye bolts for attaching the belts in the rear, and then a bracket on the outside of the seat attached to the cage. Then use the stock part where seat belt attaches to the body on the center console side. I called GMG actually to confirm because it was different from the 997 bar.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Engeljizzle
Pro

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I like both tail lights. It all depends on what else you did to tie in the colors. I think clear tail lights work on a white car with the PCCB brakes and silver stitching. I think the red tail lights suite your set up better.
Car looks great and love the white roll bar.

Tell me a little more about the headers. Why are you going to upgrading them and what are the benefits?, Are you also replacing side mufflers? Is there any thing else other than the headers you are willing to upgrade on the exhaust? - just interested because I have the SW bypass that will be installed when car gets out of the Port
The SW bypass is great, I just feel like it's a louder version of the stock exhaust and I'd like to change the tone so it sounds more racey. The equal length headers should definitely give it a better tone and I think once the headers are on, which include high flow cats, there will be no need to replace the side mufflers because it will be loud enough. But for the sake of me being impulsive, I'll cross that bridge when I get there. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't seen anyone marketing a full cat back for this car.

As far as performance is concerned, I don't expect much because of how high strung the motor already is stock. I would guess 10-15whp max.

Bottom line, I'm in it for 80% sound, 20% performance.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:16 AM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts

Congrats. I also have the GMG bar in a Carrera S and like it a lot. Thumbs up on the red taillights, too.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:37 AM
paradocs98
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by zedcat
Will be interested to see seats and harness set up. Will you need to cross the shoulder straps for the distance from the seats to the cross bars? Also hardware needed for lap belts and sub strap mount/ bar. Thanks for sharing.
I may be able to help a bit--I have the GMG rollbar, OMP race buckets and Schroth 6-pt harnesses in a 991 Carrera S, which should be a similar interior setup as the GT3. The distance from the seatback pass-throughs for the shoulder straps to the rollbar mounting points for the straps is something like 17in if I recall correctly, which means that the shoulder straps mount right next to each other on the bar, without crossing over. I read the Schroth instructions very carefully, and at this distance, it's recommended to have the center point of each strap's webbing 3in from the other strap's center point, which means they sit right next to each other on the bar. If the distance from the seats to the bar's shoulder strap mounting points were any greater, then you would have to criss-cross the straps on the way back to the bar.

For my setup, we used Recaro low-profile sliders, OMP HTE-400 driver and WRC passenger seats, a combo of Brey-Krause and Planted side brackets, a Brey-Krause anti-sub strap mounting bar, a B-K fire extinguisher mount, and Porsche female seatbelt receptacles mounted to the inboard sides of the seats. Stable Energies in NJ put the package together for me–-they're a good resource.

This pic was before the final adjustment of getting the straps right next to each other on the bar:
Attached Images  
Old 08-05-2014, 09:05 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 257 Posts

Thanks, that's helpful. Also used Stable for my Boxster harness set up. My car is due Nov, so thinking about this. Maybe by then there will be some word on sport buckets for US.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:15 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Engeljizzle, your car looks very good. Looks like our new dealer Precision Sport Industries in Florida took good care of you!

- Jerry

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Toasty
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

engeljizzle gotta post some vids once your car is broken in, def want to hear that exhaust at 9K.

Quick Reply: My 991 GT3 Modded! Roll Bar and Exhaust.