Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pebble beach - what to do?

Old 08-02-2014, 01:40 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,136 Likes on 559 Posts
Default Pebble beach - what to do?

So my business partner's and my birthday (it's the same day) is the weekend of the Pebble Beach car event. We usually take a trip somewhere together. This time I thought about suggesting Pebble Beach, maybe Fri-Sun, as the destination. Would that be interesting for someone only moderately interested in cars (obviously, not me) and what would be the best way to enjoy the event? Any must-do/see things there?

Last edited by MaxLTV; 08-02-2014 at 02:24 PM.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

For the first time this year PCA will hold their own Friday event separate from the previous Legends of the Autobahn. Spectators get in free, there is a charge if you want to park your car in the corral or show it in the concours. Supposed to be over 500 Porsches there. Info is here:

http://www.werksreunion.com/#info

Of course the Historic races themselves are great; lots of stuff to see but I don't know how your moderately interested friend would like them. That said, my wife isn't a genuine car person but she enjoys going.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:27 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only think to do is to really do the PCA thing at this point. The real Pebble Beach event tickets go for between $275 and $300. Then there is the Quail Lodge event for which you can be put on a waiting list but at this late point you might well forget it; sale especially if you don't have the right name or are known by other people. Say if Orlando Blood wanted to go all of a sudden, no problem, but being Joe Shmoe even with money and a Nice car forget about it. Also if you put in your name for 2015 you still might not make it in to "The Quail". But don't count on Quail just open it's website to buy to tickets.

But for instance the price for tickets to Pebble is setup to keep out the undesirables. I wouldn't mind going myself but I refuse paying that much for an event when I can give that much money to OXFAM. But I'm not getting into the discussion about spending the money to buy a Turbo vs giving it all away to charity. Besides I tithe some of my earnings, not LSD percentages but still a sizeable amount my conscious come to agreement with.
Old 08-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Werks Reunion is sold out. A little over 500 Porsches registered between the corral and concours. Lots of interesting cars are coming. 6 cars from the Ingram collection as well as 2 from the Seinfeld collection. Plus Porsche is bringing over some surprised over from the Quail as well. As mentioned above, no charge to come spectate, just a $10 donation to the Church to park in their lot.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:08 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

play spyglass hill - and try to get on some private clubs in the area...amazing golf
Old 08-03-2014, 08:44 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Any must-do/see things there?
Take a look...and come for the whole week!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...is-august.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pebble beach - what to do?