Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Trigger happy with options? (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/825837-trigger-happy-with-options.html)

G55amg 07-23-2014 10:08 PM

Trigger happy with options?

This is my 2nd Porsche but is the first custom order, This car is going to be my toy, weekend driver and occasional DE.
But I think I might off got trigger happy with the options?
Im still not sure about the PCCB.

911 GT3

Exterior Color

GT Silver Metallic
Interior Color

Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Red

Exterior

Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish
XYB
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor
P13
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
Extended Range Fuel Tank

Performance

Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)

Front Axle Lift System

Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

Wheels

20" GT3 Wheels

$0

Interior

Vehicle Key Painted
CPK
Floor Mats
Fire Extinguisher

Seat Heating (Front)

Light Design Package

Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way)
P07

Seat Belts in Guards Red
XSX

Interior Leather

Leather Interior Package with Decorative Red Stitching

Steering Column Casing in Leather
XNS

Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather
CZW

SportDesign Steering Wheel in Leather

Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara®
CLP

Interior Carbon Fiber

Carbon Fiber Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior
EGA

Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated
XXD

Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber
XHM

Interior Aluminum

Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum
EFA

Audio and Communications

Online Services
UN1

Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module
P23

Electronic Logbook

SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, NavTraffic, NavWeather and HD Radio Receiver

Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App

Sound Package Plus

Jimmy-D 07-23-2014 10:12 PM

Nice- go at it. Order it the way you want it. I have had several Porsches and other sport cars but this was really the first and may be the last that I had the opportunity to go to town on a custom order.

Mike in CA 07-23-2014 10:47 PM

Mine was a about $153K including PCCB's; your build must be pushing $170K. I could suggest 5 or $6K in savings but then it would be my car and not yours. ;) Knock yourself out and get what you want!

BTW, people have opinions all over the place on this and it depends on how you will use the car, but for me, I couldn't be happier that I got the PCCB's.

0Q991 07-23-2014 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by G55amg (Post 11527740)
This is my 2nd Porsche but is the first custom order, This car is going to be my toy, weekend driver and occasional DE. But I think I might off got trigger happy with the options? Im still not sure about the PCCB. 911 GT3 Exterior Color GT Silver Metallic Interior Color Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Red 68 Exterior Fuel Cap with Aluminum Look Finish XYB Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor P13 LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) 602 Extended Range Fuel Tank 082 Performance Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) 450 Front Axle Lift System 474 Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) 250 Wheels 20" GT3 Wheels 431 $0 Interior Vehicle Key Painted CPK Floor Mats 810 Fire Extinguisher 509 Seat Heating (Front) 342 Light Design Package 630 Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) P07 Seat Belts in Guards Red XSX Interior Leather Leather Interior Package with Decorative Red Stitching 749 Steering Column Casing in Leather XNS Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather CZW SportDesign Steering Wheel in Leather Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara® CLP Interior Carbon Fiber Carbon Fiber Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior EGA Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated XXD Center Console Trim in Carbon Fiber XHM Interior Aluminum Pedals and Footrest in Aluminum EFA Audio and Communications Online Services UN1 Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module P23 Electronic Logbook SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, NavTraffic, NavWeather and HD Radio Receiver 690 Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App 643 Sound Package Plus 490

Nice build--as complete as it gets!

One suggestion: skip Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara® CLP.

It really adds nothing. I made the mistake of ordering it.

G55amg 07-23-2014 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in CA (Post 11527830)
Mine was a about $153K including PCCB's; your build must be pushing $170K. I could suggest 5 or $6K in savings but then it would be my car and not yours. ;) Knock yourself out and get what you want!

BTW, people have opinions all over the place on this and it depends on how you will use the car, but for me, I couldn't be happier that I got the PCCB's.

I don't mind so good suggestion

Originally Posted by 0Q991 (Post 11527853)
Nice build--as complete as it gets!

One suggestion: skip Extended Interior Package, Door Panel in Leather/Alcantara® CLP.

It really adds nothing. I made the mistake of ordering it.

Thank you

Mike in CA 07-23-2014 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by G55amg (Post 11527896)
I don't mind so good suggestion

If you don't mind, then 3 suggestions/pieces of info in addition to Tim's excellent one above:

1) the "aluminum look" fuel cap isn't aluminum...it's plastic
2) unless you are into analyzing your trip mileage you could skip the electronic logbook
3) some people have complained that the wart on top of the roof for the satellite radio is ugly and wish they had skipped it. just so you know...

G55amg 07-23-2014 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Mike in CA (Post 11527942)
If you don't mind, then 3 suggestions/pieces of info in addition to Tim's excellent one above:

1) the "aluminum look" fuel cap isn't aluminum...it's plastic
2) unless you are into analyzing your trip mileage you could skip the electronic logbook
3) some people have complained that the wart on top of the roof for the satellite radio is ugly and wish they had skipped it. just so you know...

That helps
Thank you