Sponsored by:

Newbie Requesting Input

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 03:24 PM
A36Pilot
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie Requesting Input

I am looking at buying a 991 GT3 in the next couple of years and need some input. First a little about myself: I used to race a little in the SCCA with a bike-engined open-wheel/open-cockpit car (F1000). It drove me crazy that the car was stored in my garage for weeks at a time with little usage in between races. Consequently, I sold it and have not raced since. The GT3 is attractive precisely for the fact that it can driven daily on the streets and also used as a track car on those days I have a need for speed. Furthermore, I don't have to trailer it to the track nor hire an on-site mechanic. I plan to do track days every other month and for a day only (and only for a few hours on that day). Street usage would be about 1,000 mi per month.

Input requested:

1) Given the usage as noted, what are the estimated maintenance costs per month or year?

2) How often do you think I will need to replace the tires?

3) I would appreciate any owner's experience with regard to breakdowns and parts replacements after track usage, including costs of repairing damage after spinning off the track.

4) I realize that GT3's are not built for comfort, but how do owners like the 3 to 10-hr drives on Interstates? Noise levels?

5) Any other input/advice for a prospective GT3 buyer.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Quick Reply: Newbie Requesting Input