Sponsored by:

Looking for GT3 allocation or configurable order

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 01:35 PM
Fowwiee
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
^..... are you a broker or just passing your own spot....
if i were to give my own spot. i give for free and have in the past.
and in return, after years of giving away allocations, someone gave me his RS4.0 allocation free as well.
It's just my own spot. I didn't order the car with the intention to resell and I have ever intention to pick up the car.

It's just that if someone else wants it badly, I am just saying he can take my place. But I feel like I should be compensated for giving up my spot. That's all!
Old 07-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
No negativity. Just an honest unbiased opinion on the car. You must agree-its been a total and complete nightmare for Porsche. It is quite possibly the biggest black mark on the company in a long long time. Look I might end up with one, but lets be real about the situation-it has been less than ideal. The car is essentially a 991 GTS (which is a nice car) with a motor that has never and most likely will never be used in any racing series. Porsche has gone out of there way NOT to use the drivetrain in even the 2nd year of the 991 CUP which was made for the DFI motor!!
This is a major change from before! And for those of us that track our cars that was a nice piece of the previous Gen cars!
Well, we all believe our opinions to be "honest and unbiased", don't we?

I agree the situation has been less than ideal, so no argument there. I also won't argue the point about the engine's use in Motorsport, although that may yet play out. Seems to me the most important issue for someone tracking the car will be whether it actually proves capable and reliable going forward on track, not whether a related engine has been raced (the chassis has been), but I get that the bragging rights are important.

I don't quite get the GTS reference, though. The GT3 uses a completely different engine, modified gearbox, different suspension, steering, and brakes, and different aero from any of the series Carreras, which includes the previous GTS models. Maybe people would be happier if they called it a Porsche GT, but not GTS. In any event. seems like a lot of angst over one little character. Think I'll go take mine for a drive....
Old 07-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

milban, I would start calling every dealer you can think of and responding to every ad you see. Leave your contact info and let the salesman know you are serious. Cars are coming back with their new engines now and buyers who are on the fence will need to make a decision. I have had very good luck by being diligent. I placed a deposit on a 2014 GT3 that was advertised in the Dupont Registry. A couple of weeks later a salesman who I had talked with when I was "calling around" called back me with a 2015 allocation that became available. As soon as I had confirmation on the '15 I canceled my deposit on the '14. I have had three other cars offered to me at various points in the process. One I missed because I was on an airplane and I passed on two because of color/options (yeah, I' picky). I have to wait four or five more months for the '15 but I love the fact that I'm able to pick my color (GT Silver) and options. The ramifications of the engine issue will not be over for a while, so I think there is a good change cars will continue to become available. You just need to be in the right place at the right time, and you have to be ready to drop a deposit instantly. By the way, the only car that was over MSRP was one that the dealer had to pay a premium to get. All others were offered to me at MSRP. Good luck! - Dave
Old 07-17-2014, 02:30 PM
azzurri
Racer

Received 158 Likes on 95 Posts

I don't see the gts comparison at all either. Not feeling that connection one bit. I don't think the driving experience could be more distinct
Old 07-17-2014, 03:04 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by azzurri
I don't see the gts comparison at all either. Not feeling that connection one bit. I don't think the driving experience could be more distinct
That's probably because they haven't driven it.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:50 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
That's probably because they haven't driven it.
+1
Old 07-17-2014, 10:04 PM
milban
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Still looking for GT3 allocation, or modifiable order, without premium. Just can't stretch finances that far. Got to pay cash for the car, kind of guy. Triple black w a jack for my driveway & a couple small options. Thank you to all.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:13 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Did you check out the one I posted? It's a bit heavy on options.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:16 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
+1
In all fairness, neither have I. 2 months and counting!
Old 07-19-2014, 11:28 AM
brass4321
Racer

Default Any luck?

Wondering if OP had any luck finding an allocation. I recently put down a deposit at The Collection in Coral Gables, FL. I am on a wait list now for a MY2015, no idea how long the list is. Salesperson advised me that I would have a vehicle next May/June but I doubt that she knows. I don't mind waiting as long as I get one but I would prefer to spec it myself. I checked with Champion and a couple of others in FL but it didn't seem to promising. Champion said that their list is over 20 places long. Trying to figure out best way to proceed.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:15 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Once the Z06 hits the order banks these waiting list will dwindle.
Old 07-19-2014, 12:36 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Most dealers will not allow a transfer of an allocation. The next person on the list is offered the allocation. I guess a way around it is to sell the allocation without the dealer being told and spec the car for the buyer who comes in to pay for it. But your relationship with that dealer is destroyed. Good luck on future allocations.
If the dealer relationship is important one could always "sell" their allocation...spec it as the "true" owner indicates and when it is delivered the allocated buyer can take delivery then immediately have the car registered to the "true" buyer ...assuming all financials have been taken care of!!
Old 07-19-2014, 12:42 PM
blackbull
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
No negativity. Just an honest unbiased opinion on the car. You must agree-its been a total and complete nightmare for Porsche. It is quite possibly the biggest black mark on the company in a long long time. Look I might end up with one, but lets be real about the situation-it has been less than ideal. The car is essentially a 991 GTS (which is a nice car) with a motor that has never and most likely will never be used in any racing series. Porsche has gone out of there way NOT to use the drivetrain in even the 2nd year of the 991 CUP which was made for the DFI motor!!
This is a major change from before! And for those of us that track our cars that was a nice piece of the previous Gen cars!

Hope I'm not stirring the pot too much, but do you think Porsche knew something about the engine that caused them to lack faith in it being able to be competitive and thereby opting out of the racing circuit ???
Old 07-19-2014, 01:16 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Well, we all believe our opinions to be "honest and unbiased", don't we?

I agree the situation has been less than ideal, so no argument there. I also won't argue the point about the engine's use in Motorsport, although that may yet play out. Seems to me the most important issue for someone tracking the car will be whether it actually proves capable and reliable going forward on track, not whether a related engine has been raced (the chassis has been), but I get that the bragging rights are important.

I don't quite get the GTS reference, though. The GT3 uses a completely different engine, modified gearbox, different suspension, steering, and brakes, and different aero from any of the series Carreras, which includes the previous GTS models. Maybe people would be happier if they called it a Porsche GT, but not GTS. In any event. seems like a lot of angst over one little character. Think I'll go take mine for a drive....
+1 Mike.

The GTS reference is nonsense.
Old 07-19-2014, 01:27 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
Once the Z06 hits the order banks these waiting list will dwindle.

Not sure I follow that logic? Z06would never be on my option list, but if it were I would still take keep the GT3 order. I give Porsche credit for just replacing the engine vs. a cheap fix as I always say **** happens. End of the day we all have a high class problem waiting on our 150k toys not too much sympathy for us(:

Quick Reply: Looking for GT3 allocation or configurable order