Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dropped deposit for '15, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 09:19 PM
mdkim
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropped deposit for '15, now what?

Hello all. New to the forum and absolutely love it as a resource!

Currently have a 997.1 TT and just left a deposit with my local dealer on a '15 GT3. I'm told to expect spring or, at the latest, summer delivery of next year. He told me not to worry but would not guarantee me a car, however. Should I be worried?

I recently asked how many cars they were allocated for the current calendar year and asked how many buyers, if any, are ahead of me for a 2015 (as '15 allocations is unknown) but haven't relieved a "straight" answer yet. What I don't want is to be assed out and offered a '16 or TT next year. I've started to reach out to other out of state dealers.

All thoughts are appreciated.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:39 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome! AFAIK no 2015 cars have been allocated yet beyond those that were pushed over from 2014 because of the stop sale. Most expect there will be a number of new 2015 allocations at some point, but it's not clear when or how many there will be--so if you aren't getting straight talk from your dealer, you might want to shop around and put down more than one deposit. As for 2016, no one knows what will happen there (perhaps nothing), and there are all sorts of nasty rumours that this may be the last iteration of a naturally aspirated GT3, with any possible future gen 2 991 GT3 evolving to turbo. Good luck, stay in line, but be a tad wary of what you've been promised. My $0.02.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:44 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Every indication is that PCNA has not yet dispersed allocations for 2015 build slots. In fact the general consensus is no allocations have been handed out since first quarter 2014, prior to the stop sale, when a few dealers received bonus allocations from their regional representatives.

It is a given that Porsche will have additional build allocations for MY2015. The quantity of allocations Porsche planned for MY2015 have now been reduced to account for all the MY2014 category C builds that were stopped prior to entering production.

So this leaves those without a commission number with a number of questions. How many MY2015 allocations will your dealer receive? What is your position on that dealer's waiting list? In the event that you are unsuccessful in obtaining a MY2015 allocation will Porsche break tradition and produce 991 GT3s into MY2016?

Note that the 991 GT3 has a definite limit as EU Emissions will eventually prevent continuing production.

Ryan
Old 07-11-2014, 10:07 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
Every indication is that PCNA has not yet dispersed allocations for 2015 build slots. In fact the general consensus is no allocations have been handed out since first quarter 2014, prior to the stop sale, when a few dealers received bonus allocations from their regional representatives.

It is a given that Porsche will have additional build allocations for MY2015. The quantity of allocations Porsche planned for MY2015 have now been reduced to account for all the MY2014 category C builds that were stopped prior to entering production.

So this leaves those without a commission number with a number of questions. How many MY2015 allocations will your dealer receive? What is your position on that dealer's waiting list? In the event that you are unsuccessful in obtaining a MY2015 allocation will Porsche break tradition and produce 991 GT3s into MY2016?

Note that the 991 GT3 has a definite limit as EU Emissions will eventually prevent continuing production.

Ryan
Ryan
spot on ,excellent concise info
Old 07-11-2014, 10:10 PM
mdkim
Racer

Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I've gathered from reading through the various posts. I suppose I'll have to beat the info (number of deposits ahead of me) out of the salesman and then decide on what to do.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:30 PM
G55amg
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mdkim
Hello all. New to the forum and absolutely love it as a resource!

Currently have a 997.1 TT and just left a deposit with my local dealer on a '15 GT3. I'm told to expect spring or, at the latest, summer delivery of next year. He told me not to worry but would not guarantee me a car, however. Should I be worried?

I recently asked how many cars they were allocated for the current calendar year and asked how many buyers, if any, are ahead of me for a 2015 (as '15 allocations is unknown) but haven't relieved a "straight" answer yet. What I don't want is to be assed out and offered a '16 or TT next year. I've started to reach out to other out of state dealers.

All thoughts are appreciated.
I'm in the same boat, I have deposits in 2 dealerships, will see what happens.
Good luck
Old 07-11-2014, 10:41 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I've gathered from reading through the various posts. I suppose I'll have to beat the info (number of deposits ahead of me) out of the salesman and then decide on what to do.
Welcome to the Forum! How many people ahead of you is always a well kept secret and the answer will be something to the effect of "I don't know exactly and even the sales manager doesn't know as the info is not kept in one place", or whatever BS. Dealerships will favor their repeat and frequently buying customers and while they deny it, I have no doubt that if someone who has bought 20 P cars from a dealership before suddenly decides he wants a 15 GT3, they'll get ahead of others on the list. If you knew exactly how many people are ahead of you, they can't do that.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:55 PM
mdkim
Racer

Yeah that's pretty much what I'm getting at the moment and not entirely unexpected. Just thought there may be secret handshake I'm missing somewhere. Sadly, just a turbo and cayenne over the past six years means I'll be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

My salesman was at least brutally honest when I mentioned an interest in the upcoming RS. He told me the sun would literally need to fall out of the sky for me to get an opportunity to purchase that car new.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:22 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

My salesman was at least brutally honest when I mentioned an interest in the upcoming RS. He told me the sun would literally need to fall out of the sky for me to get an opportunity to purchase that car new.
Great to know there is hope....
Old 07-11-2014, 11:49 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,118 Likes on 730 Posts

He told me the sun would literally need to fall out of the sky for me to get an opportunity to purchase that car new.
Doesn't that happen every sunset? Just visit him when appropriate in your time zone.

Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I think there are a lot of people in the same situation. I'm 7th on my dealer's list.
Old 07-12-2014, 12:24 AM
mdkim
Racer

Originally Posted by SToronto
Doesn't that happen every sunset? Just visit him when appropriate in your time zone.

I wish it were that easy .
Old 07-12-2014, 03:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I would look for a 2014 that may be for sale/ pending engine replacement. Call around. I think if you are on a waiting list you should ask how many ahead of you and how many 2014 allocations your Dealer got. He will be getting less for the 2015 so you will know if you are wasting time.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

In your shoes I would begin to look for a used one. You will be certain to get one.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:00 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
In your shoes I would begin to look for a used one. You will be certain to get one.
+1

A surer bet.

Quick Reply: Dropped deposit for '15, now what?