Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

'15 GT3 ordered (oct prod) inputs pls

 
Old 07-11-2014, 08:42 PM
  #1  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

How are you guys ? I currently own a 991TTS but had a chance to order a '15 GT3 for November delivery . Here's the build , can you guys pls tell me if I'm missing something or opinions please ?


http://www.porsche-code.com/PFVSMKT4
TC911 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 PM
  #2  
kfmcmahon
User
 
kfmcmahon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: East Amherst, NY
Posts: 1,785
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Black headlamps to match the rims
White instrument dials to match paint
Leather seat backs :thumb up:
kfmcmahon is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 11:40 PM
  #3  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I don't see rear view camera option, is it available ? Standard ??
TC911 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 11:41 PM
  #4  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon View Post
Black headlamps to match the rims White instrument dials to match paint Leather seat backs :thumb up:
Yea would look badass with the black headlamps but then missing the LED's 😬
TC911 is offline  
Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 PM
  #5  
reidry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cocoa, FL
Posts: 1,593
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Wow, quite the build. Where to start....


I'm with kfmcmahon, I prefer the black PDLS to the look of the LED headlamps.

The factory fire extinguisher isn't worth the coin, too small - buy a better mount and extinguisher aftermarket. The general concensus, including a recent review from a UK owner, is to skip the aluminum pedals - if you must have aluminums the rennline pedals provide better shoe traction and more options.

You've added the Telephone module, this puts an actual GSM phone in the car. If this is what you want you are good, but most US buyers just want bluetooth so they can use their personal mobile through the car's audio system.

Online services get mixed reviews.

I have specifically spec my car without SiriusXM as I can't stand the position of the antenna. It's a square puck on the roof. To my eye it interrupts the roofline. I'm not a subscriber, but my wife is.

Electronic logbook. If you're an avid traveller or you bill mileage to clients this could be useful, otherwise it's a gizmo most would tinker with the first week and forget about for the remainder of their ownership experience.

VR,

Ryan
reidry is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 12:45 AM
  #6  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by reidry View Post
Wow, quite the build. Where to start....


I'm with kfmcmahon, I prefer the black PDLS to the look of the LED headlamps.

The factory fire extinguisher isn't worth the coin, too small - buy a better mount and extinguisher aftermarket. The general concensus, including a recent review from a UK owner, is to skip the aluminum pedals - if you must have aluminums the rennline pedals provide better shoe traction and more options.

You've added the Telephone module, this puts an actual GSM phone in the car. If this is what you want you are good, but most US buyers just want bluetooth so they can use their personal mobile through the car's audio system.

Online services get mixed reviews.

I have specifically spec my car without SiriusXM as I can't stand the position of the antenna. It's a square puck on the roof. To my eye it interrupts the roofline. I'm not a subscriber, but my wife is.

Electronic logbook. If you're an avid traveller or you bill mileage to clients this could be useful, otherwise it's a gizmo most would tinker with the first week and forget about for the remainder of their ownership experience.

VR,

Ryan

Thank you very much for responding ! I was in doubt in all of those items that you mentioned !
The aluminum pedals looked good on the porsche site but was in doubt if getting or not. Gonna check it off now .

You are right about the cell phone only bluetooth for me would never use the GSM.

You just saved me $1000 hehe !

Do you have any pic of where the antenna is on the Gt3? On my Turbo i think its on the rear deck lid .

Thx again
TC911 is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 AM
  #7  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

SILVER OR BLACK wheels ????

Still in doubt ..
TC911 is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 01:29 AM
  #8  
doubleurx
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
doubleurx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Truckee
Posts: 2,826
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TC911 View Post
SILVER OR BLACK wheels ???? Still in doubt ..
I ordered the standard platinum. From all the pics I've seen, it's still my favorite. 2 more months and mine arrives!
doubleurx is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 01:31 AM
  #9  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by doubleurx View Post
I ordered the standard platinum. From all the pics I've seen, it's still my favorite. 2 more months and mine arrives!
Yea Porsche did a good job on those wheels ! For the car perfect !
TC911 is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 08:16 AM
  #10  
Maverick787
Super User
 
Maverick787's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,703
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I agree the platinum wheels are top notch. I actually would have paid the up charge for those, and the silver should be the free one IMHO. Overall nice build mine is very similar I went with red stitching and gauges with white metallic paint.
Maverick787 is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 02:23 PM
  #11  
reidry
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cocoa, FL
Posts: 1,593
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TC911 View Post
Thank you very much for responding ! I was in doubt in all of those items that you mentioned !
The aluminum pedals looked good on the porsche site but was in doubt if getting or not. Gonna check it off now .

You are right about the cell phone only bluetooth for me would never use the GSM.

You just saved me $1000 hehe !

Do you have any pic of where the antenna is on the Gt3? On my Turbo i think its on the rear deck lid .

Thx again
Sure. I had Porsche Exclusive confirm that this is indeed the final position for the SiriusXM antenna for all MY2014 and MY2015. And that it is only added if you order the SiriusXM option, just getting the PCM/NAV does not add it.

With the sat antenna...



Without the sat antenna...



Ryan
reidry is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 03:03 PM
  #12  
Jimmy-D
Super User
 
Jimmy-D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,194
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Nice build. I would keep the aluminum pedals. I have seen them and they look very good and they do have indents that allow for grip.
Jimmy-D is offline  
Old 07-12-2014, 05:14 PM
  #13  
markow
User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 305
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TC911 View Post
SILVER OR BLACK wheels ????

Still in doubt ..
just the standard wheels. they are beautiful.
p
markow is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 12:01 AM
  #14  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by reidry View Post
Sure. I had Porsche Exclusive confirm that this is indeed the final position for the SiriusXM antenna for all MY2014 and MY2015. And that it is only added if you order the SiriusXM option, just getting the PCM/NAV does not add it. With the sat antenna... Without the sat antenna... Ryan

Thanks brother ! Looks much better without it !!! Gonna make all those changes on the car !
TC911 is offline  
Old 07-13-2014, 12:02 AM
  #15  
TC911
User
Thread Starter
 
TC911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Any input on the painted exclusive side skirt ? Could not find it anywhere ;(

Thx
TC911 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '15 GT3 ordered (oct prod) inputs pls


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: