Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   2015 production dates (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/824038-2015-production-dates.html)

<3mph 07-11-2014 04:12 PM

2015 production dates

I have been trying for a while to find out the new production date for my moved-to-2015 car. My assigned GT3 concierge (I.M.), the person on the phone at PCNA, and my dealer all have no information yet. I was under the impression that cars would remain in the same sequence as previously, and I'm hoping others before me would have received dates by now.

Does anyone in the same situation (so-called category C) have a confirmed factory production date yet (as opposed to an open-ended time frame)?

Please post when your original dates of production and delivery were too, to help provide context. I was originally March 21, 2014 completion and have only been told it could be Nov production with Jan delivery or thereabout--but no exact dates yet. Thanks!

Dr.Bill 07-11-2014 04:27 PM

Originally, my car was supposed to enter production 4 Apr 14 and be delivered 15 Jun 14.

New, confirmed dates:
Vehicle entry to body shop - 9/19/2014
Vehicle exit production - 9/26/2014
Dealer Inventory - 12/05/2014

<3mph 07-11-2014 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by RayDBonz (Post 11501997)
Originally, my car was supposed to enter production 4 Apr 14 and be delivered 15 Jun 14.

New, confirmed dates:
Vehicle entry to body shop - 9/19/2014
Vehicle exit production - 9/26/2014
Dealer Inventory - 12/05/2014

Awesome. Thanks! You've given me some hope the rough timeline I was given may be conservative. Maybe my car will arrive a little sooner, just like some of the cat A and B owners are seeing too.

Jimmy-D 07-11-2014 04:47 PM

I think Porsche is being as conservative as possible. Set expectation low and then surprise if things go according to plan

R.Deacon 07-11-2014 06:18 PM

<3mph
My build was late April ; now late October with m/y 15 . I had a commission # for the first build as well have a new commission # for the upcoming build . I would think you should have commission
# if in fact you had a March build in the system. Its frustrating is a slight understatement to make any sense of is ordeal , as for instance several fellow RL members had initially the same week build as I and there new builds/delivery are 5-6 weeks ahead of my new scheduled build now. Go figure ?
initial deposit March 2013 to get on my dealers list

G55amg 07-11-2014 06:36 PM

I'm on the list for a 2015 allocation with no idea if I will get one, I guess I will be a MY2016.

zedcat 07-11-2014 06:49 PM

My order was placed Feb 10 2014 shortly before the stop sale (and about a year after placing a deposit). At that time I was advised "April" build, "June" delivery. I wasn't concerned about the specific dates at that point. Recently got confirmation of 2015 allocation and placed the new order July 1. Estimated delivery is Nov 7. This was after several calls to the dealer and PCNA including a polite but pointed expression of dissatisfaction with the communication process. Hope you get some positive news soon.

Zucc 07-11-2014 07:18 PM

I placed a deposit in March 2014 and received an April build with a June delivery. Now I have a confirmed completion date of 9-26 with a dealer inventory date of 11-14.

<3mph 07-11-2014 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by R.Deacon (Post 11502249)
<3mph
My build was late April ; now late October with m/y 15 . I had a commission # for the first build as well have a new commission # for the upcoming build . I would think you should have commission
# if in fact you had a March build in the system. Its frustrating is a slight understatement to make any sense of is ordeal , as for instance several fellow RL members had initially the same week build as I and there new builds/delivery are 5-6 weeks ahead of my new scheduled build now. Go figure ?
initial deposit March 2013 to get on my dealers list

Thanks for your info. Yes, I had an original commission # and did get a new commission # and placed a new order through the dealer but still no new date. And yes, I indeed had a March 14-21 production, so I assumed I was one of the earlier cat C cars to miss production just before the stop sale.

Originally Posted by zedcat (Post 11502303)
My order was placed Feb 10 2014 shortly before the stop sale (and about a year after placing a deposit). At that time I was advised "April" build, "June" delivery. I wasn't concerned about the specific dates at that point. Recently got confirmation of 2015 allocation and placed the new order July 1. Estimated delivery is Nov 7. This was after several calls to the dealer and PCNA including a polite but pointed expression of dissatisfaction with the communication process. Hope you get some positive news soon.

My original order locked Dec 2013 with a confirmed March production date. If you have been told new Nov 7 delivery, then I'm starting to get the feeling I've been bumped back a fair ways relative to others since I had an early original build and now perhaps one of the later deliveries (Jan 2015??). Of course with no new confirmed dates, all I've gotten so far is hearsay. Hopefully it's quicker than that. But it does seem as if the factory is not really doing this FIFO according to original dates, at least within categories of cars. Very frustrating for me. Especially since no one seems to have my dates yet. :grr:

(BTW, I'm very happy for you all who are getting your cars, just wish I was too... :( )

<3mph 07-11-2014 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Zucc (Post 11502360)
I placed a deposit in March 2014 and received an April build with a June delivery. Now I have a confirmed completion date of 9-26 with a dealer inventory date of 11-14.

Thanks for posting. Looks like most people are in or around the same dates as you so far. Not sure why my estimated and unconfirmed date is so much further back. Maybe PTS? Did anyone else do PTS for their 2015?

mwar99 07-11-2014 07:48 PM

I have an order that went in 6/22 and have a commission number, but have not been given timing yet. Still waiting and hope to hear timing soon. I don't want to have to take delivery in Dec/Jan in the Northeast...

R.Deacon 07-11-2014 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by <3mph (Post 11502393)
Thanks for posting. Looks like most people are in or around the same dates as you so far. Not sure why my estimated and unconfirmed date is so much further back. Maybe PTS? Did anyone else do PTS for their 2015?

If you are a PTS customer that is very likely the explanation for out of sequence or different timing than others .

<3mph 07-11-2014 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by R.Deacon (Post 11502694)
If you are a PTS customer that is very likely the explanation for out of sequence or different timing than others .

Yes, that's what I was wondering. Just to add to the confusion, there are also some cat C guys on here (Jamie140 and Conekilr, others?) who did PTS and are now hearing they have Aug and Oct production dates, respectively (TBH I'm not sure if those are rough timelines vs actual exact dates). Jamie140 posted his dates were actually moved forward from Oct to Aug. I was originally scheduled somewhere between them FWIW, and now I'm far behind. But I'm willing to buy the argument that PTS can lead to all sorts of quirky glitches?? Maybe I'll get a call that I'm moved forward from Nov production too??

For an engineering company as clockwork as PAG, I would have thought simple scheduling like this would be child's play. So I'm baffled by the seeming opaqueness of all this.

GTEE3 07-11-2014 10:53 PM

I have a '14 car that was stopped in PROD in March.
My delivery date is actually AFTER some of the MY'15 deliveries that were just quoted above.
Just in time to put in Winter storage...or sell...

R.Deacon 07-11-2014 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by <3mph (Post 11502742)
Yes, that's what I was wondering. Just to add to the confusion, there are also some cat C guys on here (Jamie140 and Conekilr, others?) who did PTS and are now hearing they have Aug and Oct production dates, respectively (TBH I'm not sure if those are rough timelines vs actual exact dates). Jamie140 posted his dates were actually moved forward from Oct to Aug. I was originally scheduled somewhere between them FWIW, and now I'm far behind. But I'm willing to buy the argument that PTS can lead to all sorts of quirky glitches?? Maybe I'll get a call that I'm moved forward from Nov production too??

For an engineering company as clockwork as PAG, I would have thought simple scheduling like this would be child's play. So I'm baffled by the seeming opaqueness of all this.

I was so hoping I would be in sink with a November delivery not Dec. 19th
at dealer , totally annoying when you read some posting order in July 1st
getting early November deliveries and some October
and Cat B guys behind C really out wack