Sponsored by:

2015 production dates

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:01 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
I have a '14 car that was stopped in PROD in March.
My delivery date is actually AFTER some of the MY'15 deliveries that were just quoted above.
Just in time to put in Winter storage...or sell...
Sucks. Yours is one of the most unfair I've heard of. Are you still hearing Dec delivery at dealer?
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
I was so hoping I would be in sink with a November delivery not Dec. 19th
at dealer , totally annoying when you read some posting order in July 1st
getting early November deliveries and some October
and Cat B guys behind C really out wack
Maybe this issue should be something to bring up at the Action Group.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:13 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
Maybe this issue should be something to bring up at the Action Group.
Thanks, I will think about it , first instead , I should get on the phone with
Andrea and see if she can come up with an explanation , I did get a call
from a guy working the list from PCNA confirming what my SA had told me at least a month prior a few weeks ago.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:16 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 328 Likes on 165 Posts

Sucks. Yours is one of the most unfair I've heard of. Are you still hearing Dec delivery at dealer?
I have a 2014 w VIN, stopped production in March, originally scheduled for May 16'th dealer inventory....NOW Nov 7. WTF??? Oh well, at least I'm getting paid to wait, but is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING THAT MY 2015'S ARE ARRIVING BEFORE MINE. I DON'T GET THAT????
Old 07-11-2014, 11:22 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
I have a 2014 w VIN, stopped production in March, originally scheduled for May 16'th dealer inventory....NOW Nov 7. WTF??? Oh well, at least I'm getting paid to wait, but is INCREDIBLY ANNOYING THAT MY 2015'S ARE ARRIVING BEFORE MINE. I DON'T GET THAT????
I really hope you get your car ahead of the C crowd and all the other B guys too!
Old 07-11-2014, 11:36 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like Porsche just did a "THIS IS SPARTA!!!" on you. I would be the biggest squeaky wheel at this point.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:44 PM
<3mph
Drifting

I have a theory I want to throw out there. After reading Sam's post in another thread, below:

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
How many people ahead of you is always a well kept secret and the answer will be something to the effect of "I don't know exactly and even the sales manager doesn't know as the info is not kept in one place", or whatever BS. Dealerships will favor their repeat and frequently buying customers and while they deny it, I have no doubt that if someone who has bought 20 P cars from a dealership before suddenly decides he wants a 15 GT3, they'll get ahead of others on the list. If you knew exactly how many people are ahead of you, they can't do that.
I am getting the sense that for those of us in cat C, there is little rhyme or reason to the sequence of when people are getting their cars, at least according to the usual metrics of original order/production/delivery dates. In fact, I am wondering whether PCNA/PAG simply sent dealers a number of allocations of 2014 moved to 2015 cars, without bothering to tell them exact sequences of customers, and instead left it to dealers to deal with it. This would explain why PCNA knows nothing about my dates yet, despite being an early cat C customer. The reason I think this is the case is partly from the way my dealer informed me that "the next slot we have is in Nov..." which makes me think I did not have a specific slot allocated to me. (I was actually also offered a later Dec slot too!) This combined with the fact that order lists seem to be closely guarded secrets, leaves me with an uneasy feeling that as a result, it is possible that long-standing customers (unlike myself, a first-timer) may be able to secure earlier cat C spots, or even allow some other VIPs without 2014 cars to "jump the queue." Anyone think this might be the case? Maybe I'm just paranoid and overthinking this and need to chill and stop worrying about this whole issue.

As for the problem of cat B cars coming in later than cat C, well, that seems to me to be a different but more egregious one that PAG/PCNA really ought to be working hard to avoid and probably has nothing to do with dealers' lists.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:57 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

<3mph,

You said you have a commission number therefore there is status in PMVS. It seems strange that your dealer can't give you status. It should be V170 or V200.

My car was originally an April lock, May build, June delivery. I had a commission number before the stop sale. My new MY2015 build commission number transitioned to V200 Delivery Date Determined in May. My lock date is 7/31/14 and dealer stock date is 11/14/14.

VR,
Ryan
Old 07-12-2014, 12:08 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by reidry
<3mph,

You said you have a commission number therefore there is status in PMVS. It seems strange that your dealer can't give you status. It should be V170 or V200.

My car was originally an April lock, May build, June delivery. I had a commission number before the stop sale. My new MY2015 build commission number transitioned to V200 Delivery Date Determined in May. My lock date is 7/31/14 and dealer stock date is 11/14/14.

VR,
Ryan
Thanks Ryan--very helpful as I didn't realize that was the case. I'll press my dealer for this info.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:37 AM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fellow Canuck doing PTS, here are my dates:

Original Dates:
Vehicle enter body shop: April 4th, 2014
Exit factory: April 25th, 2014
Entry dealership: May 30th, 2014

New Dates:
Vehicle enter body shop:October 24th, 2014
Exit factory: November 7th, 2014
Entry dealership: December 12, 2014

Here's my timeline as it relates to my PTS order. When my build was entered into the system, I received a commission number but there were no other dates generated at that time and the order just said "locked for PAG handling". I was told that this was for PAG to determine if my PTS request would be allowed. Once that was approved by PAG, the various build process dates were populated in the system. It took about 3 weeks from the entry of my order to PAG approval of my PTS choice which was an already approved colour.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:48 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by Conekilr

Original Dates:

New Dates:

Here's my timeline as it relates to my PTS order. When my build was entered into the system, I received a commission number but there were no other dates generated at that time and the order just said "locked for PAG handling". I was told that this was for PAG to determine if my PTS request would be allowed. Once that was approved by PAG, the various build process dates were populated in the system. It took about 3 weeks from the entry of my order to PAG approval of my PTS choice which was an already approved colour.

Thanks again for your posts. Good to get another Cdn view. I am told my PTS has again been approved so hopefully my dates will be forthcoming. And hopefully not too long after yours, Conekilr!
Old 07-12-2014, 02:57 AM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for your posts. Good to get another Cdn view. I am told my PTS has again been approved so hopefully my dates will be forthcoming. And hopefully not too long after yours, Conekilr!
Fingers crossed for you...It's just a matter of time now...

Old 07-12-2014, 02:26 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Conekilr

Original Dates:

New Dates:

V170 is "PAG handling required" or "locked for PAG handling".

Ryan

Quick Reply: 2015 production dates