Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Latest Paint-to-Sample Approved Colors List from PAG (as of July, 2014)

Old 07-08-2014, 10:36 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Latest Paint-to-Sample Approved Colors List from PAG (as of July, 2014)

Matthew Henry of 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US has been kind enough to provide us with this latest list of PTS from PAG. The list has a new feature in that it identifies 'new' colors on the list - although that doesn't mean these colors were approved!

The PTS window is currently 'open' for orders on MY2015 models.

For more information on 'Custom Ordering a 991 & 'Porsche Exclusive' please check the thread below at the 991 Rennlist forum. It currently has over 115K views:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

PS I have also attached the January 23, 2014 PTS list so that you can see the changes from that date to the present!

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
PTS List.pdf (121.2 KB, 557 views)
Old 07-08-2014, 11:24 PM
Warren99
Racer

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts

Thanks for the updated PTS list. I didn't see Acidgreen on the newest list. Did I miss it? Are they still considering approving that color? I heard from my dealer that there has been a 918 order in that color.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:57 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS 'Acid Green'

This is a repost from another thread:

Originally Posted by Warren99
Thanks for the updated PTS list. I didn't see Acidgreen on the newest list. Did I miss it? Are they still considering approving that color? I heard from my dealer that there has been a 918 order in that color.
No, it's not on the latest list. But it was on the 1/23/2014 list. It stated then that a feasibility test was needed (see photo #1). There is a weird addition - AcidBlue - to the latest list which is now under feasibility study (photo #2).

I was told by Melissa Witek last November at The Thermal 918 test drive that indeed a 918 customer had requested 'Acid Green' as a PTS color for his 918. Remember that the PTS list we are talking about only covers 991/981/Panamera. If the color is approved for the 918, we still would not see it on this list. At Sonoma Raceway two weeks ago, Melissa told me that 'Acid Green' was not yet approved...but that 'Lichtgrün' was almost an identical color. And that is approved for the 991 (last three photos).

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images      
Old 07-09-2014, 12:43 AM
Warren99
Racer

Thanks for the info. I noticed AcidBlue on there. Haven't heard of that color before. It's hard to tell on some of the pics of Lichtgrun - some make it look almost just like Acidgreen and some don't. Glad to hear that Melissa says it's almost identical. I'm trying to get PTS on my GT3 and Lichtgrun is what I'm leaning towards, unless Acidgreen becomes available. Your knowledge is always helpful, thanks again.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:07 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Lichtgrün'

It's hard to tell on some of the pics of Lichtgrun - some make it look almost just like Acidgreen and some don't. Glad to hear that Melissa says it's almost identical. I'm trying to get PTS on my GT3 and Lichtgrun is what I'm leaning towards, unless Acidgreen becomes available. Your knowledge is always helpful, thanks again.
The photos that I took at the factory of the 'Lichtgrün' cabriolet are not particularly faithful to the color in daylight. See these other photos (first 3) of the .2 997 gt3 RS that was ordered & sold by Pioneer/Porsche of San Diego a few years ago. That is really what 'Lichtgrün' looks like!

I have also heard that a gt3 customer is looking into ordering 'Chartreuse' or 'Lime Green', also an equally historic early 911 color. The color code is 226. That has yet to be tested, but hopefully that will happen soon! That color is a bit similar to 'Lichtgrün'...yet very different! (see last three photos)

It's never been a better time to order PTS from Porsche. The color selection available to us customers is getting better with each updated PTS list!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images       
Old 07-09-2014, 01:26 AM
Warren99
Racer

Thanks for the additional pics. I love the look of that .2 997 RS, especially with the black wheels, mirrors, and spoiler. I had a white Cayman R with the black wheels, etc. I always loved that contrast. What is the likelihood of getting the mirrors and spoiler (or at least the end caps on the spoiler) black on the 991 GT3? I've seen the pics of the silver one with red wheels, etc. floating around.
Old 07-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Thanks for the additional pics. I love the look of that .2 997 RS, especially with the black wheels, mirrors, and spoiler. I had a white Cayman R with the black wheels, etc. I always loved that contrast. What is the likelihood of getting the mirrors and spoiler (or at least the end caps on the spoiler) black on the 991 GT3? I've seen the pics of the silver one with red wheels, etc. floating around.
The likelihood is pretty good if CXX options are allowed to be continued. The exterior rear view mirrors in 'Gloss Black' for sure. And the end caps likely too! CXX is their 'special request' option that you will never find in the configurator. It will not be inexpensive, though! Currently (as of late June, 2014), CXX was on 'hold' but they are hopeful that PAG will allow it to be ordered soon! Another Rennlist forum member has posed that same question recently to Melissa Witek and she will get an answer back from Germany soon! Hopefully this Rennlister will let us all know re: her response.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 07-09-2014, 12:49 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

On the PTS lists Guards Red shows as ? ? ?

Kinda weird as it's a standard build color for GT3.........
Old 07-09-2014, 01:13 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Guards Red' not offered on Panamera except as PTS!

Originally Posted by GJ
On the PTS lists Guards Red shows as ? ? ?

Kinda weird as it's a standard build color for GT3.........
Similar issue raised by 'apias' at 991 forum & requires same answer. 'Guards Red' is not offered on Panamera. But a Panamera customers orders it. Thus color is tested & approved for Panamera. That is why it's on the PTS list. But I agree with you that technically the ? on the 991/981 column should be instead a NOT AVAILABLE (zero with dash) since that color is not available for that model as a PTS. Or instead, create a new status - 'NOT APPLICABLE'. That would make the logic consistent.

Originally Posted by apias
Kind of weird that Yachting Blue Metallic is listed as "feasibility check necessary" for the Panamera when it's already an available color for the Panamera.
PTS in that color ('Yachting Blue Metallic') is not available for the Panamera because it's an available $790 option on that model as you stated. It got put on the list because a 991 or 981 customer ordered it, then got tested and approved for just those two other models! Just like 'Carrara White Metallic' is not available as a PTS for the 991 & 981 because it's currently an available option at $710 for those models. But it was petitioned by a Panamera customer, got tested & approved for that model...and that is how it got to that list!

But I agree with you that technically the ? on the Panamera column should be instead a NOT AVAILABLE (zero with dash) as a PTS. Or 'NOT APPLICABLE". That would make the logic consistent.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 07-09-2014, 02:14 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are only a few 991s driving around Bakersfield at the moment that I've seen during morning commutes. One is a Lighter Tan color (911S) the other is a Rusty Red color (just plain 911). People have been taking advantage of the PTS that's for sure.

I find it funny that they have IBM, Ice Blue Metallic, officially on the official list considering how difficult it was to get on the last 997 Turbo S. I would say it's a pretty close color to 'Crystal Blue'. But I have not seen them side by side.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:54 PM
Aerowerke
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Thank you so much for your efforts Eduardo, they are a huge help to the community and especially us unique color lovers. I have a whole folder on my desktop dedicated to your Paint-to-Sample PDF files!

I have one question regarding the "PTS window." I am hoping to do a PTS and European delivery some time in summer or fall of 2015 (on a GT something) and have been unable to get a solid idea on when the PTS window is open vs closed. Is there a pattern or calender that shows when the widow will be open in the future? I would like to do whatever it takes to make sure I can get PTS on my order! Would getting an appointment at the Beverly Hills customization center with Matthew Henry be the best way to obtain this far future information?
Old 07-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
There are only a few 991s driving around Bakersfield at the moment that I've seen during morning commutes. One is a Lighter Tan color (911S) the other is a Rusty Red color (just plain 911). People have been taking advantage of the PTS that's for sure.
The 'lighter tan color' is just from the horrible dust that always surrounds Bakersfield. That was initially a 'White' car!

I find it funny that they have IBM, Ice Blue Metallic, officially on the official list considering how difficult it was to get on the last 997 Turbo S. I would say it's a pretty close color to 'Crystal Blue'. But I have not seen them side by side.
Tacet: Have you ever seen 'Crystal Blue' in person?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-09-2014, 03:31 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS & Euro Delivery Combined...MY2015 vs MY2016

Originally Posted by Aerowerke
Thank you so much for your efforts Eduardo, they are a huge help to the community and especially us unique color lovers. I have a whole folder on my desktop dedicated to your Paint-to-Sample PDF files!

I have one question regarding the "PTS window." I am hoping to do a PTS and European delivery some time in summer or fall of 2015 (on a GT something) and have been unable to get a solid idea on when the PTS window is open vs closed. Is there a pattern or calender that shows when the widow will be open in the future? I would like to do whatever it takes to make sure I can get PTS on my order! Would getting an appointment at the Beverly Hills customization center with Matthew Henry be the best way to obtain this far future information?
Aerowerke: Thank you for your kind note.

The PTS window usually opens at the start of the model year (when order books open*) and normally closes by late fall or early winter. I believe the PTS window for the MY2014 'shut' in late December of 2013. And it would not surprise me if the PTS window for MY2015 is closed at about the same date in 2014.

Since you are planning both PTS and European Delivery, I would think you need to be extra careful with your ordering --- because next year will likely be when Porsche introduces the .2 991 facelift! So if you want a MY2015, you can order one for PTS and ED in the next five months. And that order for your MY2015 will be available for Euro Delivery probably in the Spring of 2015. Certainly before MY2016 991 production starts, which may be May or June of 2015. So that means you doing ED with your PTS MY2015 991 in late Spring/early Summer of 2015!

If you want a MY2016 991 to take advantage of the facelift, you'll have to wait until they open the order book. That will not happen anytime before Spring of 2015. And we don't know how PTS or European Delivery will be handled for that model just yet! You might be able to get a Fall 2015 Euro delivery on a MY2016....but perhaps not PTS! PTS is handled differently by the factory and usually done in batches...with plenty of delays to coordinate with all the just-in-time vendors so that the PTS pieces are done correctly & match the color! If you want both Euro Delivery & PTS on a MY2016 991, you might have to wait until Spring 2016 for that combo to be delivered to you! It might be worth it. I would be to me! But that is just my analysis from observing the recent past history of PTS at PAG.

I don't think anyone at 'Porsche Exclusive' will be able to tell you much more than this. In fact, I am pretty sure they'll tell you 'LESS'. They can NOT talk about the 991 MY2016 or the 'possible' facelift.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

*Order Book for MY2015 991 & 981 started earlier this Spring, although actual production didn't commence until first week of June of 2015! It coincided with when the Configurator made the changes for MY2015 - new colors, new options, etc.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:52 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changing my post back.

Probably not knowingly. But The IBM 997.2 Turbo S launch car bore a similar hue to that Targa in your avatar.

Last edited by Tacet-Conundrum; 07-09-2014 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:22 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default 'Ice Blue Metallic' vs 'Crystal Blue'

Originally Posted by Z356
Tacet: Have you ever seen 'Crystal Blue' in person? l
Probably not knowingly. But The IBM 997.2 Turbo S launch car bore a similar hue to that Targa in your avatar.
For starter, 'Crystal Blue' is a non-metallic. And 'Ice Blue Metallic', true to its name, is...well, you know, metallic!

We will let the Rennlist viewers decide if they think 'Ice Blue Metallic' is similar in hue to 'Crystal Blue' non-metallic!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images       

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Latest Paint-to-Sample Approved Colors List from PAG (as of July, 2014)