Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Thoughts on Options with Racing Yellow (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/823435-thoughts-on-options-with-racing-yellow.html)

reidry 07-07-2014 10:51 PM

Thoughts on Options with Racing Yellow

Well my wife has come around and we're moving from GT Silver Metallic to Racing Yellow. We're firm on the Black PDLS headlights, but there are two options we're debating ... seat belts and washer nozzles.

1. Washer nozzles. Chrome, black or racing yellow?

Currently leaning towards black.

2. Seat belts. Stock dark gray/black, silver gray or racing yellow?

Currently leaning towards racing yellow but concerned about soiling over time.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Ryan

G55amg 07-07-2014 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by reidry (Post 11492932)
Well my wife has come around and we're moving from GT Silver Metallic to Racing Yellow. We're firm on the Black PDLS headlights, but there are two options we're debating ... seat belts and washer nozzles.

What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Ryan

1 and 2 racing yellow

armbar 07-07-2014 11:02 PM

2) Racing yellow would really pop.

ipse dixit 07-07-2014 11:31 PM

Racing yellow for the seat belts.

I know I'm getting those for my (knock on wood) GT3 ... to match the PCCBs.

Shallow, I know. Forgive me.

0Q991 07-07-2014 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by ipse dixit (Post 11493029)
Racing yellow for the seat belts. I know I'm getting those for my (knock on wood) GT3 ... to match the PCCBs. Shallow, I know. Forgive me.

Keep in mind that the PCCB's are Speed Yellow, NOT the same yellow as Racing Yellow.

Jimmy-D 07-08-2014 12:01 AM

1a) Black wheels
1) Black nipple
2) I would go with standard seat belts. I just think you can over do the yellow.

Great choice with racing yellow. I just do not have it in me but I do like it a real lot. Looks better in person and does grow on you the more you look at it.

reidry 07-08-2014 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D (Post 11493106)
1a) Black wheels

Torn on that one, we have a Platinum Cayman R with black wheels. We're going with steel brakes and the gloss black factory wheels really show the dust.

Thinking of going stock platinum from the factory and if we don't like the look have them painted or powder coated matte black.

Ryan

ipse dixit 07-08-2014 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by 0Q991 (Post 11493041)
Keep in mind that the PCCB's are Speed Yellow, NOT the same yellow as Racing Yellow.

Yup, I know.

But I figure behind the windows that I'm going to tint, no one will notice except for Rennlisters!

0Q991 07-08-2014 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by ipse dixit (Post 11493124)
Yup, I know. But I figure behind the windows that I'm going to tint, no one will notice except for Rennlisters!

Haha. Nice. Btw, I got yellow belts and PCCB too. :)

Jimmy-D 07-08-2014 12:09 AM

Also a great idea and I think you got it figured

Better watch it - some one is going to get you with "plasti dip" for your wheels - I see the post coming :)

Jimmy-D 07-08-2014 12:14 AM

OQ991 - I rebuilt my car several times and if I went with the PCCB on my white car I would of went yellow seat belts, white stitching, and clear rear lights. Instead went red calipers, red seat belts, and all the extended red stitching on dashboard door, and steering wheel column

reidry 07-08-2014 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D (Post 11493138)
Also a great idea and I think you got it figured

Better watch it - some one is going to get you with "plasti dip" for your wheels - I see the post coming :)

Tossing some salt over my shoulder to ward off the plasti dip fairy.

Ryan

ipse dixit 07-08-2014 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by 0Q991 (Post 11493129)
Haha. Nice. Btw, I got yellow belts and PCCB too. :)

:thumbup:

Z356 07-08-2014 02:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by reidry (Post 11492932)

Ryan

Originally Posted by reidry (Post 11493118)
Torn on that one, we have a Platinum Cayman R with black wheels. We're going with steel brakes and the gloss black factory wheels really show the dust.Thinking of going stock platinum from the factory and if we don't like the look have them painted or powder coated matte black.

Ryan:

Here are my recommendations, for what is worth:

1) Washer nozzles in deviating color 'Black' to match the model designation which will be 'Black' on the gt3!

2) 'Racing Yellow' on the seat belts. The synthetic fiber material cleans well. It's a gt3. Go for it. Will help resale down the line!

3) You may already have decided on stock platinum wheels. But please note that the optional 'Wheels Painted in Black', option XDG, is one of the best values on that entire option list! Anything you do later after delivery will not be as inexpensive as $685...or factory-original!

4) I am sorry you didn't fall in love with PTS 'Signal Yellow' after your visit to McKenna in Los Angeles. It is absolutely a beautiful, rich color...but it's not for everyone! Still, my suggestion is for you & your wife to carefully review the new PTS list that I am about to post here at Rennlist. You'll have a lot of color options to choose from! I am a big believer, backed by the historical HIGHER resale values for PTS .2 gt3's and RS, that Paint-to-Sample is the wisest investment you can make on your 991 gt3 order! Perhaps you both should revisit the subject matter one last time! But there is nothing wrong with 'Racing Yellow' either! Good luck with your order!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

MyenShi 07-08-2014 09:36 AM

I prefer red seat-belts over yellow, so I had those in my Racing Yellow C2S. Didn't clash, and technically matched the taillights and standard red brakes if that matters.

If I were getting a Racing Yellow GT3, I would get red seat-belts again, with red stitching. I'd prefer the contrast instead of trying to color coordinate everything, but that's just me.

Either way, recommend a product like 303 Fabric Guard to keep protect it. Red was showing a bit of dirt after a year or so, but the belts are easy enough to clean.