Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

On track experiences and video's 991 GT3 only.

 
Old 05-09-2016, 07:30 PM
  #796  
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
TRAKCAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 27,028
Default

bump for more track video's
TRAKCAR is offline  
Old 05-09-2016, 08:29 PM
  #797  
skippyBKR
User
 
skippyBKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 93
Default Targa Tasmania

Not sure if you saw this on another thread?
Going hard on real roads - just what the 991 GT3 was designed for. The car is bone stock except for an Akrapovic Evo Race exhaust, factory front cage and race seats. (Michelin Pilot Cup 2's)

(If anyone is interested in and more stages I'm happy to post. I have a few where we overtake the ACR Viper.)
skippyBKR is offline  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:15 PM
  #798  
SamFromTX
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
SamFromTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,129
Default

Originally Posted by skippyBKR View Post
Not sure if you saw this on another thread?
Going hard on real roads - just what the 991 GT3 was designed for. The car is bone stock except for an Akrapovic Evo Race exhaust, factory front cage and race seats. (Michelin Pilot Cup 2's)

(If anyone is interested in and more stages I'm happy to post. I have a few where we overtake the ACR Viper.)
Scary cool.
SamFromTX is offline  
Old 05-09-2016, 10:19 PM
  #799  
Manifold
Super User
 
Manifold's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Close enough to plenty of good tracks
Posts: 4,226
Default

Originally Posted by SamFromTX View Post
Scary cool.
Confirmed for me that I'm not young anymore.
Manifold is offline  
Old 05-10-2016, 02:37 PM
  #800  
nlpamg
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 622
Default

Here's a video from Buttonwillow CW13.


I'm finally getting the hang of this car...

I'll upload another vid from the Track Precision App in the next few days or so.
nlpamg is offline  
Old 05-11-2016, 06:24 AM
  #801  
cmanquat
User
 
cmanquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 25
Default

Video from Magny-Cours F1 Track during challenge with 911 IDF Club.
Camera is not well positionned...

I've used Track App for Data, Gopro for video and Racerender software to mix data and video.


Last edited by cmanquat; 05-11-2016 at 06:43 AM.
cmanquat is offline  
Old 05-12-2016, 03:13 AM
  #802  
916Bob
User
 
916Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Dallas
Posts: 265
Default

Originally Posted by skippyBKR View Post

(If anyone is interested in and more stages I'm happy to post. I have a few where we overtake the ACR Viper.)
I'm interested!
916Bob is online now  
Old 05-12-2016, 07:14 AM
  #803  
skippyBKR
User
 
skippyBKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 93
Default

Originally Posted by 916Bob View Post
I'm interested!
Give me a few days, and I'll put some together. The ACR might be a track weapon, but I reckon the GT3 is pretty hard to beat out in the wild on real roads. I wouldn't swap!
skippyBKR is offline  
Old 05-12-2016, 08:32 AM
  #804  
Macca
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Macca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14,140
Default

Originally Posted by skippyBKR View Post
Give me a few days, and I'll put some together. The ACR might be a track weapon, but I reckon the GT3 is pretty hard to beat out in the wild on real roads. I wouldn't swap!
Looking forward to it Matt. Massive endorsement for the GT3 in basically factory trim. I doubt there is another car on here that's been driven as hard as yours either on road or track.....
Macca is offline  
Old 05-12-2016, 05:25 PM
  #805  
TRAKCAR
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
TRAKCAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: S. Florida
Posts: 27,028
Default

Originally Posted by cmanquat View Post
Video from Magny-Cours F1 Track during challenge with 911 IDF Club.
Camera is not well positionned...

I've used Track App for Data, Gopro for video and Racerender software to mix data and video.

Nice overyd LOL at the GTR

Originally Posted by skippyBKR View Post
Give me a few days, and I'll put some together. The ACR might be a track weapon, but I reckon the GT3 is pretty hard to beat out in the wild on real roads. I wouldn't swap!
Bumps for moooaaarrr
TRAKCAR is offline  
Old 05-13-2016, 05:20 PM
  #806  
Nodrip
User
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 224
Default

Nodrip is offline  
Old 05-13-2016, 06:14 PM
  #807  
skippyBKR
User
 
skippyBKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 93
Default

Here is a very technical stage called Rossarden. We started 30 seconds behind a Dodge Viper ACR and caught him at the end when the road tightens. We won the stage by 10 seconds but probably lost 3 or 4 seconds behind the Dodge, but that happens!
The start was quite tricky because of the loose blue metal they laid before the rally on the first 4 km but then the grip increased.
(Watch for the 269km/hr over the back of the crest)
You will also notice we have to come down to 50km/hr on one of the straights inside a "speed zone" - this knocks the average speed down for the stage. - it feels like you are coming to a complete stop in the car!
skippyBKR is offline  
Old 05-13-2016, 07:44 PM
  #808  
m3irish
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
m3irish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 333
Default

Video at COTA running 2:22.xx on R7's chasing down a decently driven 675LT on Trofeo R's. Any comments welcome.

m3irish is offline  
Old 05-13-2016, 11:33 PM
  #809  
Macca
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Macca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14,140
Default

Originally Posted by skippyBKR View Post
Here is a very technical stage called Rossarden. We started 30 seconds behind a Dodge Viper ACR and caught him at the end when the road tightens. We won the stage by 10 seconds but probably lost 3 or 4 seconds behind the Dodge, but that happens!
The start was quite tricky because of the loose blue metal they laid before the rally on the first 4 km but then the grip increased.
(Watch for the 269km/hr over the back of the crest)
You will also notice we have to come down to 50km/hr on one of the straights inside a "speed zone" - this knocks the average speed down for the stage. - it feels like you are coming to a complete stop in the car!
Targa Tasmania 2016, Rossardon - YouTube
Thanks Matt. Love it! Just a thing to note however, I think your GoPro/Sony to you-tube translation is speeding up the footage? You may need to check your settings...

Also something for nothing (you may already be aware) = Quinn talking to a Targa mate of mine (with GT4) filling up at the gas station yesterday prior to Targa Bambina starting today. Tony says Jim Richards is upgrading from GT4 to GT3RS for Targa (Tony has one on order and will run it in Targa NZ October I believe, we have our first 991 GT3RS targa car debuting today with kiwi driver Dippie). Looks like you may have upset the establishment with the 991 GT3 win! Expect the arms race to continue. Frankly, I cant see the RS being any faster on the Targa stages than a well set up GT3. They will run issues with compression and rubbing so may need to be raised? Also tyre choices more limited and wider track not always an advantage. You may even want to look at the DMS headers for a bit more mid range whoch would put you on par or better than stock RS??
Macca is offline  
Old 05-14-2016, 02:35 AM
  #810  
skippyBKR
User
 
skippyBKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 93
Default

[QUOTE=Macca;13286178]Thanks Matt. Love it! Just a thing to note however, I think your GoPro/Sony to you-tube translation is speeding up the footage? You may need to check your settings...

Well I'll take that as a compliment Macca - it looks too fast to be real?

Take a look at the YouTube time bar - we started the stage 30 seconds in to the clip and cross the finish line at exactly 6 minutes.
This gives a stage time of 5min 30sec. (And if you don't trust the time bar watch it all again with a stopwatch on - 5m 30s again....)

Stage result....



Geeesh, some people are hard to impress.
skippyBKR is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: On track experiences and video's 991 GT3 only.


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: