Sponsored by:

Ride Quality Question: GT3 vs Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 03:23 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
I don't think you're reading the correct threads. The point of the system (as designed for the Cayenne) is to provide a more compliant drive. It's not a matter of softer or stiffer. It's how the system handles general road changes. I find the PDCC equipped 911s to be far more pleasant on rough roadways.
You might be very correct, but I most likely have been confused with wording from this thread in regards to stiffness:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8157...uestion-3.html

from post #44.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:27 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Will do Luvair! I hope that it is able to happen... I am shopping a Macan right now, and wanted to see the alcantara seats. My local dealer hasn't been able to show me these seats, as everyone gets leather. So I asked to see one with these seats at the factory yesterday. They ended up walking me into a large parking lot behind the factory and there were probably no less than 100 brand new vehicles parked back there -- including GT3's in black, white, orange (!), green (!) and blue. It was the proverbial "kid in the candy store" situation, unbelievable. Really fun seeing GT3's in different colors, live, in the flesh. In my humble opinion, the GT3 is the absolute best looking car currently being produced by Porsche - with the possible exception of the 918, but I don't count that because it's so far out of my league.
Old 07-03-2014, 03:42 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by eilig
Will do Luvair! I hope that it is able to happen... I am shopping a Macan right now, and wanted to see the alcantara seats. My local dealer hasn't been able to show me these seats, as everyone gets leather. So I asked to see one with these seats at the factory yesterday. They ended up walking me into a large parking lot behind the factory and there were probably no less than 100 brand new vehicles parked back there -- including GT3's in black, white, orange (!), green (!) and blue. It was the proverbial "kid in the candy store" situation, unbelievable. Really fun seeing GT3's in different colors, live, in the flesh. In my humble opinion, the GT3 is the absolute best looking car currently being produced by Porsche - with the possible exception of the 918, but I don't count that because it's so far out of my league.
Glad you're enjoying your trip. Sounds like they're really trying to accommodate you. Good news that PTS cars are built! Wrt original question I thought the turbo was quite cushy. Did you happen to get a white one as your loaner?
Old 07-03-2014, 03:54 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

umm...check yer air pressure.
Attached Images  
Old 07-03-2014, 03:59 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

No pictures of this candy store??
Old 07-03-2014, 04:02 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
No pictures of this candy store??
I tried. He wouldn't allow it.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:18 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default PTS MY2014 gt3's...

They ended up walking me into a large parking lot behind the factory and there were probably no less than 100 brand new vehicles parked back there -- including GT3's in black, white, orange (!), green (!) and blue. It was the proverbial "kid in the candy store" situation, unbelievable. Really fun seeing GT3's in different colors, live, in the flesh.
Well, that is 'breaking news' right here on Rennlist. That means that indeed PAG started producing MY2014 PTS gt3's in the Spring and these got caught up in the 'stop sale'! We need photos, though!

I tried. He wouldn't allow it.
Eilig: Please go back there on the public streets (Adestrasse) and take photos of the cars on the other side (Porsche property) of the fence! There is nothing preventing you from doing that! I do it all the time when I am there!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images      

Last edited by Z356; 07-03-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:39 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
PDCC is adaptive but a softer/stiffer range makes sense; the way I understood how PDCC worked, an actual off mode would indeed be impossible. An advantage especially in a tall vehicle like the Cayenne is that it prevents body roll without using huge anti-sway bars which would compromise ride quality.
Mike, is it possible people are confusing PASM with PDCC? I'm quite sure you can't turn off PDCC, at least in the 991.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:57 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by tmg57
Mike, is it possible people are confusing PASM with PDCC? I'm quite sure you can't turn off PDCC, at least in the 991.
You can't turn PASM off either. It's always on, in either normal or sport mode.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:25 PM
tmg57
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RayDBonz
You can't turn PASM off either. It's always on, in either normal or sport mode.
Good catch. Just because the light is "off" and sport mode is disabled, it doesn't mean the system isn't working.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 PM
991GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Well, that is 'breaking news' right here on Rennlist. That means that indeed PAG started producing MY2014 PTS gt3's in the Spring and these got caught up in the 'stop sale'! We need photos, though!

Eilig: Please go back there on the public streets (Adestrasse) and take photos of the cars on the other side (Porsche property) of the fence! There is nothing preventing you from doing that! I do it all the time when I am there!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Hopefully someone can do that!
This would be very nice to add to the '991 GT3 PTS' topic :lowdown:
Can't wait to see the results!
Old 07-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Hoopumpers
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Stored indoors my ***, Ian of PCNA
Old 07-03-2014, 09:24 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,765 Likes on 4,768 Posts

Took Euro delivery of a Turbo yesterday. Nice car, but not the GT3 that I'm still waiting for...

I notice that the ride quality of the Turbo is quite firm, and the car feels a bit heavy to me. (FYI, the Turbo I'm driving has PDCC, but I am keeping it in the OFF position.)

Can anyone comment on the ride quality of the GT3, as it compares to the Turbo?

I'm hoping that the GT3 feels lighter. (I suspect that it does) And I'm hoping that the ride quality of the GT3 is different/better... The Turbo is a bit jarring and "harsh," if you know what I mean... Very stiff and not much give to it at all.
Perhaps check your tire pressures? Many dealers (at least in the US) tend to fill them to the max at delivery.

Otherwise, the GT3 will most like be a harsher ride than the TT for you.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 991GT3
Hopefully someone can do that!
This would be very nice to add to the '991 GT3 PTS' topic :lowdown:
Can't wait to see the results!
Montoya already reported that a broker in the US is trying to place a '14 'Riviera Blue' gt3 currently located at a US Port that someone is trying to flip. So he gave us the first news of a PTS MY2014 gt3. The 'Blue' gt3 in Indonesia we assumed was a 'wrap'.

My guess for the ones mentioned by Eilig is that the 'orange' will be 'Pastel Orange' and that the 'green' will be 'Viper Green'. Let's see what they turn out to be!

But would love to see others in historic early 911 colors like 'Gulf Orange', 'Olivegrün', 'Signal Green', 'Lichtgrün', 'Signal Yellow' & 'Gulf Blue'! And the later, but still very popular, 911 colors like 'Riviera Blue', 'Maritime Blue' and 'Mexico Blue'! And modern classics like 'RS Green' and 'Voodoo Blau'! All colors listed above are currently approved for PTS by PAG and should be available to gt3 customers. This is all pretty exciting news!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
Stored indoors my ***, Ian of PCNA
Seriously!

I specifically asked Ian if my car had been stored indoors the past 6 months and he apparently lied to me as well, or he was lied to.

Quick Reply: Ride Quality Question: GT3 vs Turbo