Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two 991 GT3's Available

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 10:13 PM
kumar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I've emailed about every car on autotrader or cars.com and 90% of them have already replied that none are available.

I'm not paying 170+ for that white one on ebay.
Old 07-06-2014, 10:32 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

And there you have it.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
That is very true. There was a thread recently where someone called those dealerships, and they were, in fact, ordered cars already sold.
That was me, and every call I made from these 'current inventory' sheets was LONG GONE. It is MEANINGLESS. I would bet my allocation that none of these cars is really available to buy. I know the GM of Pacific and one of the SSP there VERY well. I called repeatedly regarding the GT3's that consistently show up on their web site. NONE have ever been available. These are not 'real cars' for 'real sale'. Trust me. Go ahead, call Pacific, ask for Kam and tell him you have cash in hand for one of the gt3's they have as 'inventory. Have fun, good luck.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:26 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
That was me, and every call I made from these 'current inventory' sheets was LONG GONE. It is MEANINGLESS. I would bet my allocation that none of these cars is really available to buy. I know the GM of Pacific and one of the SSP there VERY well. I called repeatedly regarding the GT3's that consistently show up on their web site. NONE have ever been available. These are not 'real cars' for 'real sale'. Trust me. Go ahead, call Pacific, ask for Kam and tell him you have cash in hand for one of the gt3's they have as 'inventory. Have fun, good luck.
Stacey: If you and others have done all of this homework & checked out these websites, I believe you. So let's assume every gt3 ad in Cars.com, AutoTrader and Porsche dealer websites is nothing more than a fishing expedition for potential new customers even though they don't have gt3's to sell. Where is PCNA going to sell the MY2014 gt3's they are currently buying from 'disgruntled' individual customers in the US? What are PCNA or Porsche dealers doing with the order cancellations of those MY2014 gt3's not yet delivered but already built & awaiting new engines? And where is 'Inside Car Connection' (a sponsor of this forum) and other brokers presently getting their MY2014 gt3's?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   
Old 07-07-2014, 12:47 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

I don't think all that many cars were actually bought back. Considering the low production numbers it probably equates to well under 100 cars worldwide. I could be wrong, but several of the folks on here that swore they were returning the cars ended up sticking it out.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 AM
kumar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Where is PCNA going to sell the MY2014 gt3's they are currently buying from 'disgruntled' individual customers in the US? What are PCNA or Porsche dealers doing with the order cancellations of those MY2014 gt3's not yet delivered but already built & awaiting new engines? And where is 'Inside Car Connection' (a sponsor of this forum) and other brokers presently getting their MY2014 gt3's?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

I'm guessing they are calling those on the waiting list and people with inside contacts.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:59 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer has told me once a car is given a VIN it will shop up on the dealers website controlled by Porsche not the dealer.

Look at dealer listings for 911's, you will see 2015's are showing up. They are both cars the dealer ordered for stock and car's customers have ordered from the dealer.

My 2014 GT3 at the factory for engine replacement just showed up. The car was given a VIN that is why is shows on my dealers web site.

I believe the research done by others is correct, no GT3's on dealer web sites are available for sale except if you find one on the used sight of the dealer it still may not be sold (Those are cars that came back that had been purchased) I know of one such car that had about 2,500 miles and sold for $20k OVER MSRP in two days upon it's return from the port.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:19 AM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 129 Posts

Truth is the concussion of the stop sale has past for most of the guys who already had cars in their garages.

RUF RS is correct. At least about Pacific. Hell, they hardly have any 991 inventory let alone a GT3 on the floor except that white one a few months back that was sold.

In about 3 months if you want one you will be able to get your hands on one but it won't be for less than MSRP. Even with 15's trickle in. Dec. will be a nice month to pick up a low mileage 991 somewhere cold East coast for sure. That's my plan.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

BMW does the same with new car deliveries once a vin is issued it shows available. It's not a dealer trick because you can always back out, and they need a plan B to sell a car that will have a daily handling cost for the dealer. I do believe very few potential really sold their cars back?? I know at one of my local dealers he had two returns because they called me, and yes they were sold the same day they went available with no engine. This case is closed.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:27 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
My car is on my Dealer website. Until I take delivery that is how it is done. If I decide to walk they just call one of their clients that they hand pick who has been pestering them for one.

Just watch Sam's video on the other thread on how the car sounds at 9000 rpm. Any one walking from this now will wish they had not
Only if the cars stop going up in flames.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:08 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 611 Likes on 295 Posts

I walked and am not regretting it for one minute. I'll be happily on the sidelines with my 997.2 GT3 and see which of my deposits I'll be going for-the RS or the AMG-GT-S.
Old 07-07-2014, 10:12 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

Z356- You make a good point about the US cars that PCNA are buying back. I have no idea if they are awarding them to specific US Dealers or letting PAG decide what part of the world they will be shipped to. As for the cars being bought back form Dealers; there is a list at every Dealer that they will either sell it to the highest bidder or sell it to one of their long standing Customers who missed the boat on the first go around.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:19 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Z356- You make a good point about the US cars that PCNA are buying back. I have no idea if they are awarding them to specific US Dealers or letting PAG decide what part of the world they will be shipped to. As for the cars being bought back form Dealers; there is a list at every Dealer that they will either sell it to the highest bidder or sell it to one of their long standing Customers who missed the boat on the first go around.
Agreed about the lists. These are not bricks sitting on lots. Once engines are swapped, they'll disappear from sight. Demand far outstripping supply.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:17 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
My car is on my Dealer website. Until I take delivery that is how it is done. If I decide to walk they just call one of their clients that they hand pick who has been pestering them for one.

Just watch Sam's video on the other thread on how the car sounds at 9000 rpm. Any one walking from this now will wish they had not
Only if the cars stop going up in flames.
I don't know, a lot more than 2 previous versions of the Gt3 had catastrophic issues, and they seem to be selling fine.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:45 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar
I've emailed about every car on autotrader or cars.com and 90% of them have already replied that none are available.

I'm not paying 170+ for that white one on ebay.
The one at Rusnak I posted was available 2 days ago. Call Stephen if you want it: (626) 229-2886. He said they're selling it at MSRP.

Quick Reply: Two 991 GT3's Available