Sponsored by:

Two 991 GT3's Available

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 03:18 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Dude-
I don't think we are fooling ourselves that you can't find one available. One can be had with a little of luck and good timing jus like any hot Xmas toy or a daytona watch or what ever you can think of that is reasonable. On the flip side don't fool yourself that you can walk up to your local dealer and drive one off the lot today. At the end of the day, there's not a lot of them available and don't be surprise that folks are paying over msrp.
I would agree with this, for sure. I have a lot of friends who didn't even know that the GT3 was out, and when they see mine, they all ask where they can get one...like anything, it can be had if they want to pay, or if they want to wait, maybe....
Old 07-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

My guess many of the buy back, or opt outs are sold/will be sold. I know of two dealers listed where the cars where resold, and waiting for the engine replacement. You had long list of potential owners that had no chance on getting a car, and now they have one. One of these dealers call me to sell a buy back at MSRP, and he was going down the list. I gladly said no because I had a 2015 on order little did he know.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:23 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick787
My guess many of the buy back, or opt outs are sold/will be sold. I know of two dealers listed where the cars where resold, and waiting for the engine replacement. You had long list of potential owners that had no chance on getting a car, and now they have one. One of these dealers call me to sell a buy back at MSRP, and he was going down the list. I gladly said no because I had a 2015 on order little did he know.
Yep - I suspect every dealer has a list like that...this is a very hot car...the naysayers like to down the car, and revel in their predictions that this car will be a flop. Just not so.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:30 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Correctamundo. Gents: This is now 'business' and 'cash flow'. Once they have been bought back, PCNA's highest priority is to get these gt3's re-sold to get their cash back ASAP! Remember that anything could happen, real or imagined rumor, that might leave the fate of these gt3's in a new limbo (e.g. new reports of engine failures in the replacement units). I am not expecting that. I am just saying that it could happen. And if that occurs, PCNA & PAG would not want to get stuck with all of these expensive gt3 'buy-backs' in their inventory. It would not be fiscally prudent. So frankly, if you really do think that these gt3's back in the hands of PCNA will not get any priority re: engine replacement so that they can quickly sold/auctioned off, I have an old quaint bridge to sell you! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel .
Why do you think PCNA is holding the financial liability on these cars? Just like any car in inventory at a dealership, I suspect the dealership owns the liability as well as the potential for financial reward. For PCNA a car is a car and the sales price is invoice, which for Porsche is typically 10-11% below msrp.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All 2014 gt3's will be sold sooner or later. Once all cars are on the road it will strengthen the gt3 badge for all generations. This will help the long range branding of these cars and bring in more enthusiast. I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would hope that this car will fail. 997 and 996's has it's place in history already but it can't be "today's toy". Accept the truth.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:34 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Agree very far from a flop as you don't see many walking away! I would say the buy backs accepted a later delivery on a 2015. Thus at the end of the day I would suspect zero inventory lass than MSRP on buy backs which is crazy in it self. With that said high demand equals good resale with low volume. I can care less about resale I will keep mine for a long while not interested in selling.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:41 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Maverick787
Agree very far from a flop as you don't see many walking away! I would say the buy backs accepted a later delivery on a 2015. Thus at the end of the day I would suspect zero inventory lass than MSRP on buy backs which is crazy in it self. With that said high demand equals good resale with low volume. I can care less about resale I will keep mine for a long while not interested in selling.
Me, too. I too don't plan on selling this incredible car. My dealer told me about one guy here in LA who actually continued to drive his 2014 right through the stop-drive/sale (as his daily driver) and just recently dropped his car off for the engine swap, as he had no choice! Pretty funny.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Why do you think PCNA is holding the financial liability on these cars? Just like any car in inventory at a dealership, I suspect the dealership owns the liability as well as the potential for financial reward. For PCNA a car is a car and the sales price is invoice, which for Porsche is typically 10-11% below msrp.
My understanding is that PCNA is indeed buying some of the cars back directly from 991 gt3 owners, regardless what US dealer he/she bought them from. On these particular gt3's, PCNA has a financial liability until they are re-sold via internal auctions or other means. However, these gt3's that already have been delivered would be 'used' since they have miles.

Dealers might also be buying back gt3's from their specific customers, by-passing the PCNA buy-back program. In general, PCNA would prefer to do the buy-backs themselves so that they can control the location & price of the resales. Location to assure a good number of potential customers, all aimed at keeping prices 'high' so as to not impact negatively the market for these gt3's for both themselves & the remaining 'faithful' 991 gt3 owners!

The one bizarre aspect of these advertised gt3's for sale at Cars.com, Autotrader & Porsche dealers is that they are referred to as 'new'. So many of the previously delivered gt3's would not qualify in that definition since they have miles and are 'used', albeit with a 'new' engine! However, cancelled orders of those gt3's in route or at port at the 'stop sale' date would indeed qualify as 'new' and maybe these are some of the cars we are seeing listed at these websites!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

Correctamundo.

Gents: This is now 'business' and 'cash flow'. Once they have been bought back, PCNA's highest priority is to get these gt3's re-sold to get their cash back ASAP! Remember that anything could happen, real or imagined rumor, that might leave the fate of these gt3's in a new limbo (e.g. new reports of engine failures in the replacement units). I am not expecting that. I am just saying that it could happen. And if that occurs, PCNA & PAG would not want to get stuck with all of these expensive gt3 'buy-backs' in their inventory. It would not be fiscally prudent.

So frankly, if you really do think that these gt3's back in the hands of PCNA will not get any priority re: engine replacement so that they can quickly sold/auctioned off, I have an old quaint bridge to sell you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo, Edurado, there you go again. Do you realize how many Cat B cars are out there? They represent a huge financial drain and Porsche will move heaven and earth to get them into the buyers hands ASAP. The few buy backs are nothing more than chump change for Porsche and there is no need to prioritize them over Cat B cars.
Old 07-06-2014, 04:51 PM
milban
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pm

Originally Posted by Nizer
No PM received.
Attempted re-send, (w subscription renewal lol)
Old 07-06-2014, 05:02 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

The one bizarre aspect of these advertised gt3's for sale at Cars.com, Autotrader & Porsche dealers is that they are referred to as 'new'. So many of the previously delivered gt3's would not qualify in that definition since they have miles and are 'used', albeit with a 'new' engine! However, cancelled orders of those gt3's in route or at port at the 'stop sale' date would indeed qualify as 'new' and maybe these are some of the cars we are seeing listed at these websites!
Eduardo, clearly you haven't read every post in this thread or in the other threads about available cars (unless PTS was mentioned). Almost all of the 'new' cars, which are listed for sale at Cars.com, Autotrader, and Porsche dealers, are not actually for sale. Those are 'ordered' cars that have arrived at the dealers for buyers who are waiting to pick them up. Those cars show up in the dealers new car inventory and many stay there until the buyers pays, but the cars aren't available for sale. Cars.com and Autotrader list the cars automatically if they have an arrangement with the dealer.

Last edited by alpine-al; 07-06-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo (fixed it before Eduardo could mock me)
Old 07-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

My car is on my Dealer website. Until I take delivery that is how it is done. If I decide to walk they just call one of their clients that they hand pick who has been pestering them for one.

Just watch Sam's video on the other thread on how the car sounds at 9000 rpm. Any one walking from this now will wish they had not
Old 07-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,721 Likes on 913 Posts

Originally Posted by milban
Attempted re-send, (w subscription renewal lol)
Received and replied.
Old 07-06-2014, 06:45 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by alpine-al
Eduardo, clearly you haven't read every post in this thread or in the other threads about available cars (unless PTS was mentioned). Almost all of the 'new' cars, which are listed for sale at Cars.com, Autotrader, and Porsche dealers, are not actually for sale. Those are 'ordered' cars that have arrived at the dealers for buyers who are waiting to pick them up. Those cars show up in the dealers new car inventory and many stay there until the buyers pays, but the cars aren't available for sale. Cars.com and Autotrader list the cars automatically if they have an arrangement with the dealer.
There is more going on here that some of you guys think. Do you actually believe that by sheer coincidence Pacific, Circle, Downtown LA, McKenna & Auto Gallery have 17 customers' gt3's in-coming and Beverly Hills, Walter's, Fremont, Newport Beach, San Diego, Carlsen, Niello, Livermore, Stevens Creek, Rector, Rusnak Pasadena, Sonnen & others have Zero, Nada, Zilch????

Originally Posted by Nick
Eduardo, Edurado, there you go again.
Originally Posted by alpine-al
Last edited by alpine-al; Today at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo (fixed it before Eduardo could mock me)
Eduardo never mocks...he just tries to be clever with his use of language. Edurado, on the other hand, appears to be a mean son of a....gun, although seems to like San Diego Nick a lot!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 07-06-2014, 09:15 PM
alpine-al
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

There is more going on here that some of you guys think. Do you actually believe that by sheer coincidence Pacific, Circle, Downtown LA, McKenna & Auto Gallery have 17 customers' gt3's in-coming and Beverly Hills, Walter's, Fremont, Newport Beach, San Diego, Carlsen, Niello, Livermore, Stevens Creek, Rector, Rusnak Pasadena, Sonnen & others have Zero, Nada, Zilch????
Okay. You're just attempting to make something out of nothing (zero, nada, zilch). Some dealers delete the incoming 'ordered' cars from their online new car inventory. And some dealers don't.

When there are more buyers than cars, there's no need for behind the scenes shenanigans.

Please go back to posting oversized pictures of PTS cars.

Quick Reply: Two 991 GT3's Available