Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for initiating this thread. I'm in the same boat. The date initially given to me 8/11. That would be nice if we can get the cars a tad early. I'm tired of the loaner. I'm almost afraid to call and get some bad news. So I keep on waiting. In all this my dealer has no clue about these dates. It's fascinating
Old 07-02-2014, 11:45 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

I spoke with my dealer a few days ago, and he also thinks (although he is not promising anything) that my car may show up by the end of July as opposed to the week of August 11th info I got from the call from PCNA in May.

The only caveat he had was concern over timely availability of transport trucks between Houston and Atlanta where the swap is to occur for cars currently sitting at the Port of Houston. That said, he still seemed pretty confident that we would see my car by the end of July.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
I spoke with my dealer a few days ago, and he also thinks (although he is not promising anything) that my car may show up by the end of July as opposed to the week of August 11th info I got from the call from PCNA in May. The only caveat he had was concern over timely availability of transport trucks between Houston and Atlanta where the swap is to occur for cars currently sitting at the Port of Houston. That said, he still seemed pretty confident that we would see my car by the end of July.
Nice! Seems like we are all hearing similar things from PCNA and also from some of our dealers.

Just need it to happen, get stickers, get mesh liners.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:48 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^Hang on. You may see your car within 4 weeks. I initiated this thread for therapy from all the Cat. "A's receiving their cars. I am sincerely very happy for them because they have been thru the worst. But I am now 6 weeks away so I am getting my mojo back and we need a thread to keep all us Cat. "B" informed/updated
Old 07-03-2014, 12:53 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Port guys will your certificates indicate motor changed with zero miles?
Old 07-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I think what ever miles are indicated on odometer. Could be 4 miles could be 10. I expect that it will have maybe 100 miles on it by the time I get it. I am sure my Dealer will test drive it for a little bit and make sure every thing is a "go". Porsche is not screwing with us and I am not insinuating any thing. This is a serious issue and PCNA have repeatedly told me that this experience will be similar to when you get that brand new car delivered( which I am- I think). They also conveyed that if at any time I am not happy with the presentation they will authorize, within reason, any thing necessary to keep me happy.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:39 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I think what ever miles are indicated on odometer. Could be 4 miles could be 10. I expect that it will have maybe 100 miles on it by the time I get it. I am sure my Dealer will test drive it for a little bit and make sure every thing is a "go". Porsche is not screwing with us and I am not insinuating any thing. This is a serious issue and PCNA have repeatedly told me that this experience will be similar to when you get that brand new car delivered( which I am- I think). They also conveyed that if at any time I am not happy with the presentation they will authorize, within reason, any thing necessary to keep me happy.
That is what I was told also. Even if I notice issue with paint, etc. after I take delivery, contact your GT3 concierge directly.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:24 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My build date was JAN 17TH which means 7 months of sitting at the port. I don't have to worry about fluids as it will be changed during the engine swap. Tires, PCCB rotors, wipers, and battery all need to be replaced. Paint detailing needs to be negotiated. Dealer should pay for the clear bra as well. Did I miss anything?
Old 07-03-2014, 08:54 AM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by silverrules
My build date was JAN 17TH which means 7 months of sitting at the port. I don't have to worry about fluids as it will be changed during the engine swap. Tires, PCCB rotors, wipers, and battery all need to be replaced. Paint detailing needs to be negotiated. Dealer should pay for the clear bra as well. Did I miss anything?
Rotors to be replaced too? Bc of sitting at port or the campaign?
Old 07-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

silverrules - I think you will be pleasantly surprised by how good the paint will hold up. These days the paints are so much better and harder. Our cars' will be fine. Now, I am going to make sure that they take care of me on the window tinting and clear bra. I do not expect them to do it for free but at cost. And, of course install the Sharkwerks bypass and clear side markers for free. Oh- can not forget about nitrogen in the tires.
Plus need them to hardwire in my Passport 9500is(good luck charm). I already have the wire with the mute button. Third car with same radar and has not failed me once.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:20 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

9500ix- sorry
Old 07-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Fldoc
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cat B, no updates since the initial call a few months ago...

My car was finished on 1/22/14 and was held at Port in Emden. My engine will be built 8/4/14 and they are estimating my car will be stateside first week of September.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:44 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
right^^ why do brand new PCCB rotors need to be replaced?
Old 07-05-2014, 08:10 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Tim, There is a campaign for PCCB rotors. It sucks to replace brand new rotors though. I doubt they will pay for the clear bra but I will ask anyways

Jimmy, I sure hope the paint is not damaged with all the salt water at the port. I seriously doubt it and I agree with you with paint quality these days on German cars.
Old 07-05-2014, 10:08 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by silverrules
Tim, There is a campaign for PCCB rotors. It sucks to replace brand new rotors though. I doubt they will pay for the clear bra but I will ask anyways Jimmy, I sure hope the paint is not damaged with all the salt water at the port. I seriously doubt it and I agree with you with paint quality these days on German cars.
Yep--the clicking PCCB issue. I thought you meant that they had to be potentially replaced bc of time spent at port. I misunderstood.

Quick Reply: Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port