Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My GT3 is back from Porsche..

Old 06-30-2014, 12:30 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 8 Posts
Default My GT3 is back from Porsche..

So originally, I was going to give my car back to Porsche but after they agreed to pay me for everything I had in the car, I get a phone call saying that they were only going to pay me window sticker. I bought my car from a broker and paid over like some people on here and I had a conversation with Andrea and we were on the same page. They even sent me a settlement statement saying with a total bottom line number. I signed everything, sent them a copy of my title ect. About 2 weeks ago, I called to check on the progress and about 5 min after I hung up with Andrea, I got a phone call from Michael Morgan (PCA N.A.). He said they would only pay me window sticker. I decided I was not going to lose anymore money so opted to keep it and have it fixed. Andrea said she would get it back on the schedule and it would be a few weeks. I get a call from my Dealer on Friday the 20th saying I had to have my car up there because the truck was 2 hours out picking it up! I get the car there, Monday I get a call from Andrea telling me to get ready because the truck would be there in 2 days to pick up my car. I tell her it already left... She had no idea. I get a call this last Sat saying my car was already back. Going to pick it up this afternoon..
Old 06-30-2014, 03:36 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats - post pics when you get it! Enjoy!
Jeff
Old 06-30-2014, 03:50 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
Congrats - post pics when you get it! Enjoy!
Jeff
I get a call to come pick up my car and i't's now a RED one. It use to be White... -- Ok.. but yea. lots confusion. As long as they coming back ahead of schedule thats a good thing.. -- Need STICKERS..
Old 06-30-2014, 04:38 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,138 Likes on 560 Posts

Originally Posted by LateBrake911
I get a call to come pick up my car and i't's now a RED one. It use to be White... -- Ok.. but yea. lots confusion. As long as they coming back ahead of schedule thats a good thing.. -- Need STICKERS..
Woa - did they give you a different car or did they just confuse color names?
Old 06-30-2014, 05:24 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
Woa - did they give you a different car or did they just confuse color names?
Kidding.. Just seems like every time I call there is mass confusion .. e.g. PCNA said they waiting for car to be shipped, and it was already back at dealer etc..
Old 06-30-2014, 05:33 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Streetking - Did the originally agree to make you whole and then right before their time to sign the bailed?

I have a question to others' - For those that bought direct from a Dealer, with a mark-up, wonder when they decided not to take if they were made whole( completely)??
Old 06-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Streetking - Did the originally agree to make you whole and then right before their time to sign the bailed?

I have a question to others' - For those that bought direct from a Dealer, with a mark-up, wonder when they decided not to take if they were made whole( completely)??
Yes, they agreed then bailed. Originally, "no problem, we will compensate you for all the money that you have out" then when it came time to pay, "we can only offer you sticker plus taxes".
Old 06-30-2014, 05:59 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetking
Yes, they agreed then bailed. Originally, "no problem, we will compensate you for all the money that you have out" then when it came time to pay, "we can only offer you sticker plus taxes".
It's really annoying that everything is verbal, allowing them to back out of anything they commit too. It makes me worried about our compensation.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Streetking
Instructor

Originally Posted by skuplist
It's really annoying that everything is verbal, allowing them to back out of anything they commit too. It makes me worried about our compensation.
Mine was verbal and I received a letter of repurchase that stated all the numbers and what they were going to pay me. I signed all the paperwork, overnighted everything back to corporate office, then called the Reacquisition Coordinator to make sure they received everything. She said everything was turned in and was just waiting on a check to get cut, about 10 days. I called her after a week to check, then 5 min later is when I received a call from Michael Morgan telling me they decided they were not going to pay me the "over sticker" charge nor my clear bra ect. I am now waiting to see what they are going to pay me for the time I was not driving it.. I know I'm supposed to be happy my car is done but this whole fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's at the Dealer now, they are supposed to let me know when I can pick it up...I really don't even care.. In the midst of all this, I picked up a McLaren(which I love), 2009 LP560 6speed (very rare) UGR R1 package 1650whp and a M5 last Friday. I am more excited about my M5 right now than the GT3...
Old 06-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetking
Mine was verbal and I received a letter of repurchase that stated all the numbers and what they were going to pay me. I signed all the paperwork, overnighted everything back to corporate office, then called the Reacquisition Coordinator to make sure they received everything. She said everything was turned in and was just waiting on a check to get cut, about 10 days. I called her after a week to check, then 5 min later is when I received a call from Michael Morgan telling me they decided they were not going to pay me the "over sticker" charge nor my clear bra ect. I am now waiting to see what they are going to pay me for the time I was not driving it.. I know I'm supposed to be happy my car is done but this whole fiasco has left a bad taste in my mouth. It's at the Dealer now, they are supposed to let me know when I can pick it up...I really don't even care.. In the midst of all this, I picked up a McLaren(which I love), 2009 LP560 6speed (very rare) UGR R1 package 1650whp and a M5 last Friday. I am more excited about my M5 right now than the GT3...
Legally once you signed the papers and return them, PCNA could not back out UNLESS there was a provision in the purchase agreement allowing them to do so. I would have your attorney review the matter.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:44 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

And this is why I gave my car back when they returned it to me...to have to go through this with a company such as pag, no thanks

and i too found a 12c to make the pain go away...
Old 06-30-2014, 06:59 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

This saga never seems to end. If I could go back 2 months ago I would of bailed but there was a reason I could not up until 2 weeks ago. Now, with only 6 weeks to go I will just hang on. But, I am just not in the mood to go thru all this crap when my car does make it to the Dealer. I just hope it is painless because my patience is at it's limit. And if there is just one engine fire - say good bye.

Streetking - I am sorry that they agreed and then bailed. Now, I understand if they do not want to acknowledge that it was bought thru a third party but then they should not of agreed upfront. I am just wondering if those that bought it thru a Dealer came out whole. Was their clear bra or premium covered when they decided to surrender their car.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:43 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm really surprised you even thought they would ever refund what you paid over sticker.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

^Well - depends. Do you think PCNA would be happy to find their dealership charging say, $10,000 over sticker. I always thought that this was frowned upon unless it was a "used car" sort to speak. I know they probably turn a blind eye to this but in the event on a recall if you were a Cat A and decided to send it back; I would expect them to cover what you paid. Now, thru a third party - I get it
Old 06-30-2014, 08:15 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

they didnt take the extra money, so why would they pay you back money they never got.

the extra money went in someones pocket, the broker.. not pcna.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My GT3 is back from Porsche..