Sponsored by:

My GT3 is back from Porsche..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:44 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
Can anyone tell me what the dealer's mandatory protocol is once these cars come back?

I literally received an email minutes ago while here on vacation that my car just came back.:lowdown:

Coincidentally, I have a track event Monday and was excited beyond words, only to learn w/ the holiday schedule and their need to work on the 918 on the rack coupled w/ so many miles they're supposed to drive it to insure the engine doesn't fall out, I wouldn't see it until next week?

I never "broke" in my car the first time? Why do I need to do that now?
I just learned that my car should be back today, as well, to my dealer, but they have too much to do on the campaign to get it delivered to me today. That being said, I will be traveling next week, so I won't be able to collect it until the 10th or 11th...bummer...
Old 07-03-2014, 05:06 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JCBH
I just learned that my car should be back today, as well, to my dealer, but they have too much to do on the campaign to get it delivered to me today. That being said, I will be traveling next week, so I won't be able to collect it until the 10th or 11th...bummer...
Congrats on her return--I'm bummed that you won't be reunited prior to your trip...

Any update on what they need to do at the dealership? And WE21 mesh grill covers?
Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Congrats on her return--I'm bummed that you won't be reunited prior to your trip...

Any update on what they need to do at the dealership? And WE21 mesh grill covers?
No idea on what they need to do - not telling me much...will try to find out.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:24 PM
0Q991
Drifting

No idea on what they need to do - not telling me much...will try to find out.
Thanks, Jeff. This whole WE21 campaign excluding US cars is preposterous.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:30 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
Can anyone tell me what the dealer's mandatory protocol is once these cars come back?

I literally received an email minutes ago while here on vacation that my car just came back.

Coincidentally, I have a track event Monday and was excited beyond words, only to learn w/ the holiday schedule and their need to work on the 918 on the rack coupled w/ so many miles they're supposed to drive it to insure the engine doesn't fall out, I wouldn't see it until next week?

I never "broke" in my car the first time? Why do I need to do that now?
Congrats, happy for you. They have to look it over, test drive it for 24 miles at revs not to exceed 7,000 and that's it. The problem is not that. The problem is the stickers, without which they are not allowed to deliver the cars. The stickers don't arrive at the same time but days later.

Congrats, happy for you as well. Same thing, stickers are going to be the delay but I suspect it will be ready when you return.
Old 07-03-2014, 07:36 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks, Jeff. This whole WE21 campaign excluding US cars is preposterous.
Went to see the car - it is in their service showroom which gets locked all weekend as they are closed. Turns out their tech who was assigned to my car is off today and will be back on Monday. There are some things for them to do, and hopefully it will be ready upon my planned return on Thursday.
They have to PDI the car and there is apparently some checklist of things to do, including drive it the 25 miles as stated elsewhere.
Hopefully I can get some detail when I pick it up next week.
Jeff
Old 07-03-2014, 07:43 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Went to see the car - it is in their service showroom which gets locked all weekend as they are closed. Turns out their tech who was assigned to my car is off today and will be back on Monday. There are some things for them to do, and hopefully it will be ready upon my planned return on Thursday. They have to PDI the car and there is apparently some checklist of things to do, including drive it the 25 miles as stated elsewhere. Hopefully I can get some detail when I pick it up next week. Jeff
Cheers! PM sent btw.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:50 AM
kumar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

SW, you gonna keep the car?
Old 07-05-2014, 09:13 AM
Streetking
Instructor

Received 44 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kumar
SW, you gonna keep the car?
For now, my new Huracan gets here in a few months and waiting until hopefully they announce the RS, then I will sell..

Quick Reply: My GT3 is back from Porsche..