Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine is due 12 Sept at dealer 2014 a 2015

Last edited by G car; 07-01-2014 at 05:24 PM. Reason: wrongyear
Old 07-01-2014, 06:55 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

G Car is your a 2015 that will be at your dealer on September 12th and are you in the United States?

If a 2015 first congrats. Mine is a 2014 and is expected September 5th and there are other 2014 owners to be that will get the 2014 in November.

If yours is a 2015 all BS by Porsche.

Would mind getting from your dealer the production schedule on your car and posting it? What I would like to do without using your name, have a discussion with the COO of PNA and discuss how this is possible and considered fair and equitable. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Road Racin
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm livid that there are 15's reportedly due a month before my 14 with a 11/21 date. How is that even possible. What happened to first in first out.....
Old 07-02-2014, 12:46 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Racin
I'm livid that there are 15's reportedly due a month before my 14 with a 11/21 date. How is that even possible. What happened to first in first out.....
The engine recalls are not on the assembly line, and are being completed off-site for the most part. If they delay the production line for the 2015's they will never catch up .........sucks I know but you can't delay 100% of the cars. My 2015 starts production in September, and should be at the dealer by November. This is not a dealer issue it's all manufacturing, and Porsche can't delay the 15's or you have the same delay issues across the entire factory which will kill throughput. Good luck to say the least.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:27 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's keep in mind those with 2014's did get a letter from Quinn saying that engine would first go to those that bought the car i.e. took delivery, then those with cars at dealers or ports not purchased and then to the cars on the assembly line not completed.

The COO of PNA told me yes, Tim Quinn was correct in what was written. Now they are going against what was written . This is a company that can not and should not be trusted.

Just asking, has anyone that has taken delivery gotten a check yet from Porsche for the money they promised?

I have not heard one person on these chats's say they did.

Curious if they lied about that as well as nobody I am aware of has anything in writing stating the$2k per month. If someone does please post it so all of us can use it against them in a class action suit if they fail to provided the "promised" compensation.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:24 AM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Let's keep in mind those with 2014's did get a letter from Quinn saying that engine would first go to those that bought the car i.e. took delivery, then those with cars at dealers or ports not purchased and then to the cars on the assembly line not completed.

The COO of PNA told me yes, Tim Quinn was correct in what was written. Now they are going against what was written . This is a company that can not and should not be trusted.

Just asking, has anyone that has taken delivery gotten a check yet from Porsche for the money they promised?

Curious if they lied about that as well as nobody I am aware of has anything in writing stating the$2k per month. If someone does please post it so all of us can use it against them in a class action suit if they fail to provided the "promised" compensation.
The check will only come after you pay in full and when the 5 yr warranty is over. Another update in two weeks
Old 07-02-2014, 09:58 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
The engine recalls are not on the assembly line, and are being completed off-site for the most part. If they delay the production line for the 2015's they will never catch up .........sucks I know but you can't delay 100% of the cars. My 2015 starts production in September, and should be at the dealer by November. This is not a dealer issue it's all manufacturing, and Porsche can't delay the 15's or you have the same delay issues across the entire factory which will kill throughput. Good luck to say the least.

.......so, I don't care give us 14's first for f*ucks sake!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
The check will only come after you pay in full and when the 5 yr warranty is over. Another update in two weeks

Now that's funny!

......and probably true
Old 07-02-2014, 12:36 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked

Europeans have received checks AND for a hell of a lot more than what we will receive. Still waiting for PAG to explain the reasons for the disparity.

Regarding the 2015's being delivered before the 2014s that is unacceptable. Affected 2014s should march on Atlanta and voice their objections in the strongest terms.
Old 07-02-2014, 12:39 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Europeans have received checks AND for a hell of a lot more than what we will receive. Still waiting for PAG to explain the reasons for the disparity. Regarding the 2015's being delivered before the 2014s that is unacceptable. Affected 2014s should march on Atlanta and voice their objections in the strongest terms.
Some in EU got upwards of 22k, the extra warranty, and a set of tires...

Ugh.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:26 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't understand how 2015's are getting delivered when there is another post stating no GT3 Sales for the past several months. I don't believe official ordering of 2015's has even started. Are these simply the 2014 switched to 2015?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:30 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 457 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I don't understand how 2015's are getting delivered when there is another post stating no GT3 Sales for the past several months. I don't believe official ordering of 2015's has even started. Are these simply the 2014 switched to 2015?
Ordering has started. My order went in last week ('14 allocation moved to '15) and I have a commission number. But no timing yet. Not sure how people are getting timing yet for Sept deliveries.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 165 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Europeans have received checks AND for a hell of a lot more than what we will receive. Still waiting for PAG to explain the reasons for the disparity.

I thought somewhere I read or was told that compensation would arrive about 2 weeks after receiving the car. If so, since many Europeans got their cars back well before those of us in the US, it could explain why they've already gotten checks. Doesn't explain why Euro checks are bigger, though....
Old 07-02-2014, 03:50 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I thought somewhere I read or was told that compensation would arrive about 2 weeks after receiving the car. If so, since many Europeans got their cars back well before those of us in the US, it could explain why they've already gotten checks. Doesn't explain why Euro checks are bigger, though....
Mike you are correct. I was responded to Gary's question as to whether anyone had received compensation checks.
We in the US will get our checks a couple of weeks after delivery. Cat.B owners paperwork must be submitted to PCNA by the dealer and we have to sign papers which PCNA sends us after we take delivery.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 PM
eilig
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Did the factory tour today... Saw GT3 engines on the engine line, but saw no GT3's on the car line.

I asked our guide whether they still use the provider of the failed fasteners in the GT3 engines as a supplier... His response: "I am not allowed to comment on this."

The 918 is breathtaking in person, by the way. Even lower and wider than I thought.

Quick Reply: Tidbits from the Factory