Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This PTS color would be great on a 991 gt3 and/or RS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:33 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default This PTS color would be great on a 991 gt3 and/or RS!

PCNA's display cars arrived today at the Hyatt Regency in Monterey for Monday's Parade Concours. The most noticeable was this PTS 911 Turbo S Cabriolet with just about every option one can possibly order on a 991!

The PTS color looks to me like 'Viper' or 'Signal Green', although there is an off chance it could be 'RS Green'. I will find out and report back the exact color the moment I am able to talk to anyone from 'Porsche Exclusive' at the Parade.

Note that the exterior rear view mirrors and the top portion of the rear spoiler can be ordered in a deviating color (in this case 'Black'). This option is also available on the 991 & 981 models & has been around for a while. Yet few US customers are taking advantage of ordering it. It is not in the configurator. You need to ask 'Porsche Exclusive' for it and they'll quote you a price.

At least one of you with a MY2015 gt3 allocation needs to order his/her car in this terrific & historic early 911 color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images      
Old 06-14-2014, 01:42 AM
madmurdock
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts

I think someone at Isringhausen has a viper green GT3 on order. At least that's what I was told. Great color.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:48 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
PCNA's display cars arrived today at the Hyatt Regency in Monterey for Monday's Parade Concours. The most noticeable was this PTS 911 Turbo S Cabriolet with just about every option one can possibly order on a 991! The PTS color looks to me like 'Viper' or 'Signal Green', although there is an off chance it could be 'RS Green'. I will find out and report back the exact color the moment I am able to talk to anyone from 'Porsche Exclusive' at the Parade. Note that the exterior rear view mirrors and the top portion of the rear spoiler can be ordered in a deviating color (in this case 'Black'). This option is also available on the 991 & 981 models & has been around for a while. Yet few US customers are taking advantage of ordering it. It is not in the configurator. You need to ask 'Porsche Exclusive' for it and they'll quote you a price. At least one of you with a MY2015 gt3 allocation needs to order his/her car in this terrific & historic early 911 color! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel .
IMHO it's an awesome GT3 color but doesn't suit a turbo at all... Turbos are chic grand tourers and this is a Lamborghini'esque color... As they say, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but if I were gifted this car I would immediately have it wrapped
Old 06-14-2014, 07:07 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the Green Turbo looks great, just not on the cab.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:23 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

The color looks good IMO,but the clear taillights with the red bumper markers don't go together.
Old 06-14-2014, 08:42 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Great color. Pass on the clear tail lights. You want your *** end looking good. Since this is the view most others will be seeing on the highways and byways.
Old 06-14-2014, 10:25 AM
Bill_C4S
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

colour is choice....

but too much in the way of contrasting/differing colours (red rear markers, clear rear lights, orange side indicators, black spokes, silver edging on wheels, yellow calipers) going on with this Turbo S.....for it to be appealing to eye....

might be better in flesh
Old 06-14-2014, 12:28 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

a new 991RS in that color would melt me at the knees....
Old 06-14-2014, 01:00 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I can't imagine what Porsche charges to paint your spoiler in precious black paint...
Old 06-14-2014, 02:09 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

I was at the dealer getting my Loaner washed and saw a Cayenne GTS in "Carmine Red" and then there was a Boxter next to it in "Guards Red". It was an interesting contrast. For the first time I saw the orange hue in the Guards Red. It is never apparent until you place next to the Carmine Red. In the end, I love Carmine Red. It is deep red. It is not Ruby red ect. To me it is that deep red that Ferrari has if you put another red coat on the Ferrari.- It was awesome looking if you like red.

I also got to is Metallic White on a Cayenne that they will be offering on the 2015 GT3. You really can not see the Metallic until you get up close. It you are getting White I would do the Metallic. But, only if it is modest, in terms as price, as an upgrade. If you ordered white you will not be disappointed that you missed Metallic White but if you had to choose between them both I would take the metallic but if it was a $3000 option - hell no. But for under a grand - why not.
Old 06-14-2014, 02:13 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I was at the dealer getting my Loaner washed and saw a Cayenne GTS in "Carmine Red" and then there was a Boxter next to it in "Guards Red". It was an interesting contrast. For the first time I saw the orange hue in the Guards Red. It is never apparent until you place next to the Carmine Red. In the end, I love Carmine Red. It is deep red. It is not Ruby red ect. To me it is that deep red that Ferrari has if you put another red coat on the Ferrari.- It was awesome looking if you like red. I also got to is Metallic White on a Cayenne that they will be offering on the 2015 GT3. You really can not see the Metallic until you get up close. It you are getting White I would do the Metallic. But, only if it is modest, in terms as price, as an upgrade. If you ordered white you will not be disappointed that you missed Metallic White but if you had to choose between them both I would take the metallic but if it was a $3000 option - hell no. But for under a grand - why not.
Yes! The Carmine Red GTS is so rich looking. Amazing color on that car.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:40 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

The PTS 'green' Turbo S Cabrio at the Parade is 'Viper'. This was told to me by Sascha Glaeser on Monday. I am surprised 'Viper' has so much blue in it...well, maybe not so much after looking again at the photos I took of the official color samples kept by 'Porsche Exclusive' in Zuffenhausen last year!

Although remember what I always tell you - photos almost never capture the true color as seen by the human eye!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2014, 07:20 PM
sirtom
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

Any pics of the GT3 mentioned above in the green color?
Old 08-31-2014, 08:00 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sirtom
Any pics of the GT3 mentioned above in the green color?
Not yet from the one ordered via Isringhausen. But this MY2014 was photographed in Austria. It's either 'Viper' or 'Signal Green'. No confirmation of the color yet...but it looks stunning which ever one it is!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2014, 08:39 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

any RS looms good in RS green, orange or some blue.

Quick Reply: This PTS color would be great on a 991 gt3 and/or RS!