Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

PTS 991 GT3 Colors

 
Old 06-11-2014, 10:45 PM
  #1  
991GT3
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 195
Default PTS 991 GT3 Colors

Hi everybody, with this thread I thought it might be a nice idea to get all the Paint To Sample 991 GT3 pics together.
This way we can enjoy the beauty of the car in even more perspectives.

If you have pictures of PTS 991 GT3's please feel free to share them here.

(Mine is white and it is the only 991 GT3 I have seen on the road so unfortunately I can't post nice pics at this time.)

Best,

H
991GT3 is offline  
Old 06-11-2014, 11:10 PM
  #2  
Hoopumpers
User
 
Hoopumpers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: California
Posts: 1,048
Default

Zero. All PTS was pushed to 2015. Any clarity on what build month for 2015 PTS?
Hoopumpers is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 AM
  #3  
NateOZ
Super User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3,486
Default

Still no clarity here, if I had to guess they will push it out and might not happen at all. Will follow up with my dealer again today and see if they've heard anything new.

If it doesn't work out I will switch to a 981 conversion or GT4 which I'm probably more interested in if I'm being honest.
NateOZ is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
  #4  
<3mph
Super User
 
<3mph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,812
Default

I got pushed to 2015, and my PTS GT3 is apparently getting built in August, at least according to my dealer (maybe late in the month when the factory reopens?). No phone/email confirmation from PCNA. My order originally locked in Dec 2013 with an original build in March 2014 (never entered production but reportedly the paint arrived at the factory for me then).
<3mph is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 11:08 AM
  #5  
ARSGT3
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: South Florida
Posts: 99
Default

There is a PTS Riviera Blue 991 GT3 on instagram, I think it belongs to someone in Indonesia.
ARSGT3 is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 11:19 AM
  #6  
0Q991
Super User
 
0Q991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,708
Default

Originally Posted by ARSGT3 View Post
There is a PTS Riviera Blue 991 GT3 on instagram, I think it belongs to someone in Indonesia.
Yep. PCar club there.
0Q991 is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:17 PM
  #7  
991GT3
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers View Post
Zero. All PTS was pushed to 2015. Any clarity on what build month for 2015 PTS?
Wow, these PTS cars are going to be very rare then.

Anybody has one on order? If so, which color?
991GT3 is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:32 PM
  #8  
Macca
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Macca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 14,140
Default

If its Indonesia you would need to be 100% sure its a PTS and not a colour change or wrap which is common in Asia (given the tax they pay on their new cars cost of repainting them to save waiting often more appealing to the wealthy first owners).

Id be very surprised is any PTS cars left the factory let alone RHD cars for Indonesia. I received one of the first RHD cars. I asked for PTS and at the time was very firmly told that it would at earliest be April 2014 build and that I could be at risk from loosing my "early RHD VIP order" (Im not sure what all that was about as I am not a VIP but I think it was folks like me affected by the very early production delays back in Sept 2013)....
Macca is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:46 PM
  #9  
nh4
User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 180
Default

I was under the impression that if the "custom color" option was not available on the configurator that PTS was not an option. For you guys that do have a PTS GT3 on the way, were there extra steps involved to get PTS on the order?

As a disclaimer, I'm new to the Porsche experience, and this site has been great for putting more questions in my head than I ever expected! My ulterior motive is that I'm on the list at my dealer for the GT4 and I want to make sure I'm up on the PTS process.

Thanks,

-nh4.
nh4 is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:52 PM
  #10  
Jamie140
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Jamie140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Burlington/Barrie/Marco Island, Florida
Posts: 5,212
Default

I was No. 2 on the list at my dealer in Canada. They wanted to bump my delivery to December. I declined since I live in Florida til April. When the SHTF, my 2014 was bumped to 2015 pts riviera, delivery is supposed to be late fall, Xmas.

I am aware of another riv, a fashion grey (dude is on Rennlist) and a mint green, none of which have been delivered. I'm sure there are lots more pts in Canada, but as far as I know, none have been delivered.
Jamie140 is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 07:55 PM
  #11  
0Q991
Super User
 
0Q991's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,708
Default

Originally Posted by Macca View Post
If its Indonesia you would need to be 100% sure its a PTS and not a colour change or wrap which is common in Asia (given the tax they pay on their new cars cost of repainting them to save waiting often more appealing to the wealthy first owners). Id be very surprised is any PTS cars left the factory let alone RHD cars for Indonesia. I received one of the first RHD cars. I asked for PTS and at the time was very firmly told that it would at earliest be April 2014 build and that I could be at risk from loosing my "early RHD VIP order" (Im not sure what all that was about as I am not a VIP but I think it was folks like me affected by the very early production delays back in Sept 2013)....
Yeah--no clue if it's a true PTS Riviera Blue, but here's the post on Instagram:
Attached Images  
0Q991 is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 08:56 PM
  #12  
CAlexio
Super User
 
CAlexio's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 8,300
Default

Wonder if he asked to have it color matched to his tshirt?
CAlexio is online now  
Old 06-12-2014, 10:15 PM
  #13  
Conekilr
User
 
Conekilr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Great White North
Posts: 982
Default

Originally Posted by Jamie140 View Post
I was No. 2 on the list at my dealer in Canada. They wanted to bump my delivery to December. I declined since I live in Florida til April. When the SHTF, my 2014 was bumped to 2015 pts riviera, delivery is supposed to be late fall, Xmas.

I am aware of another riv, a fashion grey (dude is on Rennlist) and a mint green, none of which have been delivered. I'm sure there are lots more pts in Canada, but as far as I know, none have been delivered.
I'm the dude that had the Fashion Grey GT3 order that has been pushed to a 2015 model. I have no confirmed dates at this time (no dates in the system yet) but like Jamie, I've been told maybe around Xmas for delivery..

There were no 2014 PTS GT3s built/delivered as far as I know...

Conekilr is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 10:17 PM
  #14  
991GT3
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by Jamie140 View Post
I was No. 2 on the list at my dealer in Canada. They wanted to bump my delivery to December. I declined since I live in Florida til April. When the SHTF, my 2014 was bumped to 2015 pts riviera, delivery is supposed to be late fall, Xmas.

I am aware of another riv, a fashion grey (dude is on Rennlist) and a mint green, none of which have been delivered. I'm sure there are lots more pts in Canada, but as far as I know, none have been delivered.
In my opinion PTS "fashion grey" could be one of the nicest paint jobs for a 991 GT3. Can't wait to see that one.

Why is Porsche so difficult with PTS paint jobs? It's probably more difficult to get PTS than a Grande Complication Patek or a Special Order Birkin.

Price is already expensive(in my country) why not charge a little more and have system that works?
991GT3 is offline  
Old 06-12-2014, 10:20 PM
  #15  
991GT3
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Europe
Posts: 195
Default

Originally Posted by Conekilr View Post
I'm the dude that had the Fashion Grey GT3 order that has been pushed to a 2015 model. I have no confirmed dates at this time (no dates in the system yet) but like Jamie, I've been told maybe around Xmas for delivery..

There were no 2014 PTS GT3s built/delivered as far as I know...

GREAT choice! Please share some pics if you get it!
991GT3 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PTS 991 GT3 Colors


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: